what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    PJSiren said:

photo IMG_20170319_081429_082.jpg

PJ????
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

There is a huge wildfire in Boulder, forcing over 1000 evacuations; @Bentleyspop are you ok? Any other Boulder-ites here.. please check in.

Another reason of why I love you, Tree.

Be safe and well @Bentleyspop
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

There is a huge wildfire in Boulder, forcing over 1000 evacuations; @Bentleyspop are you ok? Any other Boulder-ites here.. please check in.

Another reason of why I love you, Tree.

Be safe and well @Bentleyspop
    :hug: love you too, Amy! You are an amazing friend!
    Living the Marmot day every 2 weeks..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Martin McGuinness. Suaimhneas síoraí dá anam
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    kronenbeurg blanc...man so tasty
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • When will Wrigley field 2016 be released?
    . . . the in between is mine.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I would love to hear Kid Rock covering Greg Allman's I'm No Angel.
    How some folks just can't let go of hate.
    deadendp said:

:hug:

Harboring hate is so...heavy. So toxic for the soul.
    hedonist said:

deadendp said:

Deadly even. It has been shown as of late that anger and hatred actually cull years from your life, and increase your health risks by 25%.

hedonist said:

deadendp said:

Deadly even. It has been shown as of late that anger and hatred actually cull years from your life, and increase your health risks by 25%.
    You teach me stuff. :hug: Thank you for that, Tree! :smile:
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    :rofl:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I've been looking for a job for over a year. The last two positions I interviewed for had my name "all over them", so I'm confused as to why I'm still unemployed. To look at what I do differently I signed up for a session with a career coach. One of my sisters suggested it. I don't know what will happen, but I'm excited.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Ms. Haiku said:

I've been looking for a job for over a year. The last two positions I interviewed for had my name "all over them", so I'm confused as to why I'm still unemployed. To look at what I do differently I signed up for a session with a career coach. One of my sisters suggested it. I don't know what will happen, but I'm excited.

They have helped me a lot. A lot had changed in hiring processes since I had hanged careers. Thanks to my career coach, I plan on taking some business classes when I get done with
    Dog behavior school. I think they will be able to help you
    Land on your feet girl! Big :hug:
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    My whole car and my chest shakes when a big ass truck rolls down the parking deck.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited March 2017
    Ms. Haiku said:

hang in there, Ms H.
    we are rooting for ya

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Ms. Haiku said:

I think that this is a fantastic idea!

My husband went to one right after college. Basically he graduated with a degree and had no idea what to do with it. She put him through a bunch of tests, figured out what was best for him, wrote a resume for him and gave him interview pointers. She pointed him to the career he has. Thanks to her, my husband has been employed in his chosen field for 21 years. I will suggest the same for my daughter when her time comes.

I agree with Lolo, we're all pulling for you! :hug:
    deadendp said:

Ms. Haiku said:

My husband went to one right after college. Basically he graduated with a degree and had no idea what to do with it. She put him through a bunch of tests, figured out what was best for him, wrote a resume for him and gave him interview pointers. She pointed him to the career he has. Thanks to her, my husband has been employed in his chosen field for 21 years. I will suggest the same for my daughter when her time comes.

Same here, Ms. H. You're a smart woman and have tenacity. The fit will come.

Ever wonder what the hell you (apparently...?) did to someone to warrant coldness? And then ride the fence between caring and thinking, well, fuck 'em?

It's too bad, but even this late in the game as I'm still learning, such is life.

Such are some people.
    hedonist said:

deadendp said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Same here, Ms. H. You're a smart woman and have tenacity. The fit will come.

Ever wonder what the hell you (apparently...?) did to someone to warrant coldness? And then ride the fence between caring and thinking, well, fuck 'em?

It's too bad, but even this late in the game as I'm still learning, such is life.

Such are some people.
    :hug: (Although it auto corrected to hug. Um, no! :angry: )
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Ms. Haiku said:

One thing I learned when looking for a new job, never dwell over the ones you didn't get. It can be any or one reason. Good luck with the career coach, sounds like a really good idea.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I have an in person interview for a job next Monday, about a week before my first coaching session.

Thank you all for the good vibes! I appreciate it :)

Here I go!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    Ms. Haiku said:

I have an in person interview for a job next Monday, about a week before my first coaching session.

Here I go!

Hooray!

Could you write down a list of questions they ask, have someone "interview" you while recording yourself? That might give you insight to whatever glitch there may be.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Ms. Haiku said:

Here I go!

good luck!

OMM, how good into the badlands is.... wow
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Ms. Haiku said:

Here I go!

Wish you the best Ms.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Watching a documentary on the Vietnam war and feeling sick with disgust at the atrocities committed by American soldiers. I had no idea but I'm bloody well going to educate myself
    Hug to you, Jenny. I'm in a strangely similar place.

With this.

These songs of freedom :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmKW-2dmNfM
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Fucking taxes. Good god, we got nailed again. Ugh.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    mfc2006 said:

Fucking taxes. Good god, we got nailed again. Ugh.