• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited March 2017
    Corduroy
    rgambs said:

rummy said:

rgambs said:

rummy said:

rgambs said:

I clicked the wrong box, but I'm not that upset, Corduroy rocks.
    I think Immortality is a top 5 song and Corduroy is more a top 10 song.

They're both top 5 songs for me.
    That's a damn tight list, I don't think I could squeeze Corduroy in top 5, but that's not saying much because top 10 is all top 5 worthy.
    I am referring to and voting based on best, not favorite.
    I have a "Top 7" that is impenetrable (For those who might care: Alive, Release, Go, Animal, RVM, Corduroy, and Immortality). Ranking these seven songs is extremely difficult - even impossible.
    I don't understand how Black didn't win the Ten poll...I understand we have all heard it to death and Release has more mystique for the fan base, but it isn't better than Black.
    Black is one of the all-time greatest songs ever and he hasn't outdone those lyrics in 25 years of excellent lyricism.
    Like the other war horses from Ten, I think Black suffered a bit of "overplayed" backlash. Each round saw one of the "big 4" get knocked out!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Corduroy
    Might as well flip a coin on this one. Very tough. Looking forward to the No Code poll!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Immortality

So far I've been able to choose which song is the weakest of the remaining by considering only studio versions against each other. This is too tough. I listen to them back to back and love them both. They affect me in completely different but equally awesome ways. I am now turning to live versions. I'm currently comparing Greenville Corduroy against Fenway 2 Immortality.

I may be over-thinking this but with everything else there is to think about this is a welcome relief.

that Greenville version was SICK!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Immortality
    This was a hard vote. I do prefer Immortality right now, but that's only because Corduroy has been overplayed for 20+ years. I had to think back to when Corduroy was a new song on the radio, and the OMG this song js amazing feeling I had back then. That made this vote easier to cast.
    Corduroy
    Not trying to "cheat" but was wondering which song was winning?
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Immortality
    You can click show results before voting. That said, Corduroy has significantly less votes - thus it's on it's way to victory.
    edited March 2017
    Corduroy
    Sarava said:

You can click show results before voting. That said, Corduroy has significantly less votes - thus it's on it's way to victory.

Oh, so you can! Thanks.

I shouldn't have looked...it's making me lean towards the very-probably loser.
    Post edited by rummy on
    Corduroy
    It's done.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Immortality
    Two of the best songs on the album remaining... tough choice, but a choice had to be made.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Immortality
    I should have worn my corduroy pants today in support of this poll
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Immortality
    mace1229 said:

I should have worn my corduroy pants today in support of this poll

If nothing else, it reinvigorated fashion.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Immortality
    This was sooooo easy. It should have been gone a couple of rounds ago.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Corduroy
    need to start a coup
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Immortality

Nah. It's a worthy finalist.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Corduroy
    Because of you guys, I now have Immortality stuck in my head

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Immortality
    JojoRice said:

Because of you guys, I now have Immortality stuck in my head

Hell yeah!! It's an easy guitar jam, might have to pick up the old guitfiddle and play it in honor of it's impending defeat.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Immortality
    JimmyV said:

Nope, it's not.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Immortality

JimmyV said:

Nope, it's not.
    There are at least 4 other songs that I would have expected to beat out Immortality (not that that makes Immortality less than a great song anyhow).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Immortality
    PJ_Soul said:

JimmyV said:

Nope, it's not.
    There are at least 4 other songs that I would have expected to beat out Immortality (not that that makes Immortality less than a great song anyhow).
    Which ones?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Immortality
    Release
    RVM
    Corduroy

Quite a start to a setlist. What will they play next?

Hail Hail? Present Tense? Some of these votes have been so hard. Maybe I should start doing them based on a running setlist.

Fuck it. Lukin it is.
    Corduroy

Release
    RVM
    Corduroy

Quite a start to a setlist. What will they play next?

Hail Hail? Present Tense? Some of these votes have been so hard. Maybe I should start doing them based on a running setlist.

Fuck it. Lukin it is.

Hail Hail, Present Tense, and In My Tree are my "big three" from No Code. Off He Goes is brilliant as well. I should also include Sometimes but I think it gains points due to it's great pairing with Hail Hail (as opposed to a song on its own).
    edited March 2017
    Corduroy
    I think Lukin & Red Mosquito could be a strong underdogs for the No Code poll

Corduroy
    JojoRice said:

Red Mosquito, yes. I dunno about Lukin, however. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a first round exit.
    Immortality
    rummy said:

JojoRice said:

Red Mosquito, yes. I dunno about Lukin, however. I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a first round exit.
    Round 1 pick is going to be a toss-up between I'm Open, Habit and Lukin for me.
    Corduroy
    mace1229 said:

rummy said:

JojoRice said:

Not going to go after Stone?
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Immortality
    lolobugg said:

So far I've been able to choose which song is the weakest of the remaining by considering only studio versions against each other. This is too tough. I listen to them back to back and love them both. They affect me in completely different but equally awesome ways. I am now turning to live versions. I'm currently comparing Greenville Corduroy against Fenway 2 Immortality.

I may be over-thinking this but with everything else there is to think about this is a welcome relief.

that Greenville version was SICK!!
    It WAS!!! Such an amazing moment...."live from Greenville it's Saturday night! Happy record store day, we're going to play you some records!" Then they proceed to rip it up! One of the best corduroys ever I suspect.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
    Immortality
    rummy said:

mace1229 said:

rummy said:

JojoRice said:

I really like Mankind. One of the only songs I havent seen live too. I was so mad, last show I was at Ed introduced Stone as singing the next song and I got excited. Then it was Dont Gimme No Lip. So dissapointed.
  • Immortality
    mace1229 said:

rummy said:

mace1229 said:

rummy said:

JojoRice said:

I really like Mankind. One of the only songs I havent seen live too. I was so mad, last show I was at Ed introduced Stone as singing the next song and I got excited. Then it was Dont Gimme No Lip. So dissapointed.
    I'm not in the same place with you here, Mace.

I heard it in Vancouver and was mildly disappointed before the first note was played. I just don't care for the tune very much.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Immortality
    mace1229 said:

rummy said:

mace1229 said:

rummy said:

JojoRice said:

I really like Mankind too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Immortality
    mace1229 said:

rummy said:

JojoRice said:

Those are three of my favorites from the album. Lukin is just a stellar 58 seconds of awesome.

This discussion has been closed.