Pearl Jam Cover a Creed Song

13»

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    rummy said:

Re. Beastie Boys... Unfortunately they are still likely remembered by too many for "Fight For Your Right" and the tongue-in-cheek cheese that came along with it (and a lot of Licence to Ill for that matter). Afterwards, a lot of their music became much groovier and less brash - which was for the better. Check out their instrumental album "The In Sounds From Way Out" if you get the chance.

Agreed. When I was in high school it was licence to ill as my favorite, but I can say I would never put that album on now. Kind of like how I never listen to Ten anymore, except live versions. A lot better music came after.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

goldrush said:

Beastie Boys have sold 50 million albums worldwide - that's a lot of "odd ducks"... (btw I'm 40 and love them!)

Bizarre comment in an increasingly bizarre thread.

New Kids on the Block sold 80 million in the same time period...Odd ducks indeed lol
    which ones tshirt were you wearing?
    I was wearing onesies, but my older brother was a big fan of Slayer and Napalm Death, so that's not much better.
    Are you trashing Slayer now too? They're a metal icon and still putting out solid albums. World Painted Blood was great a few years back and they tore through the mid 80's - early 90's.
  • tbergs said:

rummy said:

Re. Beastie Boys... Unfortunately they are still likely remembered by too many for "Fight For Your Right" and the tongue-in-cheek cheese that came along with it (and a lot of Licence to Ill for that matter). Afterwards, a lot of their music became much groovier and less brash - which was for the better. Check out their instrumental album "The In Sounds From Way Out" if you get the chance.

Agreed. When I was in high school it was licence to ill as my favorite, but I can say I would never put that album on now. Kind of like how I never listen to Ten anymore, except live versions. A lot better music came after.
    You just don't know what you're missing when you play the original sometimes.
    Play Ten this week and see what I mean.

• joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Administrators...Please ban the person who started this thread. Thank you.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

• KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    If this thread is real, this forum has jumped the shark
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    KV4053 said:

If this thread is real, this forum has jumped the shark

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • If Pearl Jam covered Photograph would this be defended by some white whalers on here?
    I have to admit I would rather Pearl Jam cover Nickelback than Creed.
    And once again, it would be waaaay better than the overplayed, overhyped and just plain boring comfortably numb.
    Comfortably numb has had it's time.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited March 2017
    rgambs said:

goldrush said:

Beastie Boys have sold 50 million albums worldwide - that's a lot of "odd ducks"... (btw I'm 40 and love them!)

New Kids on the Block sold 80 million in the same time period...Odd ducks indeed lol
    I've disagreed with rgambs on nearly every thread, but I think I'm with him on this one.
    If I understood him right, he didn't say only people between 12-24 like him, he said between 12-24 when they were making music. Which seems true to me. There's definitely a younger crowd with PJ, not just those who were in high school when 10 came out. And even some older folks. Doesn't seem the case with BB.
    I wouldn't say I dislike them, I just feel like they were more popular than they deserved to be. They have some fun songs and lyrics, Sabatage was one of the best videos ever. But just an average band to me. And if your going to defend them by saying they are one of the best hip-hop groups, then so what? Hip hop sucks, that's like bragging you won a spelling bee against the mentally disabled.
    Seems like to me Creed only gets all this hate because they too were more popular than they deserved to be. They always make the "worst of" lists, but there's plenty bands worse than them, they just never reached the level Creed did so they've been forgotten.
    Post edited by mace1229 on

If Pearl Jam covered Photograph would this be defended by some white whalers on here?
    I have to admit I would rather Pearl Jam cover Nickelback than Creed.
    And once again, it would be waaaay better than the overplayed, overhyped and just plain boring comfortably numb.
    Comfortably numb has had it's time.

No one has Photograph as their white whale..?

"Man I've been chasing and missing out on Photograph at every Pearl Jam show I've been too"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mace1229 said:

rgambs said:

goldrush said:

I've disagreed with rgambs on nearly every thread, but I think I'm with him on this one.
    If I understood him right, he didn't say only people between 12-24 like him, he said between 12-24 when they were making music. Which seems true to me. There's definitely a younger crowd with PJ, not just those who were in high school when 10 came out. And even some older folks. Doesn't seem the case with BB.
    I wouldn't say I dislike them, I just feel like they were more popular than they deserved to be. They have some fun songs and lyrics, Sabatage was one of the best videos ever. But just an average band to me. And if your going to defend them by saying they are one of the best hip-hop groups, then so what? Hip hop sucks, that's like bragging you won a spelling bee against the mentally disabled.
    Seems like to me Creed only gets all this hate because they too were more popular than they deserved to be. They always make the "worst of" lists, but there's plenty bands worse than them, they just never reached the level Creed did so they've been forgotten.
    Right on!
    That's spot on, except I would add that they weren't even good hip-hop. They sound like the guys on Whose Line Is It Anyways? when they try to rap. Almost none of the old hip hop has aged well, but put Beastie Boys up against Tupac, Dre, or Eminem and they sound worse than amateurs. No flow, no fluency, just choppy, shouting, cheesy beats.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited March 2017
    I always thought Stapp was more of a Staley ripoff than a Vedder ripoff.
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Photograph? As in Def Leppard's Photograph?
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlNIVXpIns
    Now there is an all-time, epic battle of stinkers, which one is worse?? Nickelback's or Def Leopard's??

I am torn asunder.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    maybe they do a 4 nights shows like philly 09 and play Creed full catalogue
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    ^ haha
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

Wouldn't Creed's full catalogue only be enough for one Pearl Jam concert? I can only think of 3 albums; all of which I owned many years ago :0
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This is still going?

Total madness
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    tbergs said:

Wouldn't Creed's full catalogue only be enough for one Pearl Jam concert? I can only think of 3 albums; all of which I owned many years ago :0
    then can do nickelback-gcreed catalogue
    i hope 10c will sell tix for this shows
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

I had the same thought. That's a great song, IMO.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BN260353BN260353 Posts: 28
    rummy said:

So true. and "The In Sounds From Way Out" is one of the most brilliant albums and a totally left field release by the beasties that truly shows their genius and musicianship.
This discussion has been closed.