Goodness 1st Album on Vinyl! Perks include complete Missoula, MT '98 show w/Mike McCready SBD

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited October 2017 in The Porch
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/goodness-first-album-on-vinyl-music#

notes: Mike takes the stage and plays with Goodness before PJ's set.

http://www.fivehorizons.com/tour/cc/t1998p2.shtml

06/20/98 - Washington-Grizzly Stadium: Missoula, MT [110m]
attendance: 22,000
support act: Goodness
soundcheck: Off He Goes, Hail Hail, Faithfull, Present Tense, In Hiding, Better Man, Pilate, Yellow Ledbetter (snippet), MFC, Jeremy
set: Corduroy, Animal, Hail Hail, Brain of J, In Hiding, Jeremy, Do the Evolution, Pilate, Even Flow, Daughter, (improv)/MFC, Wishlist, Present Tense, Habit, Given to Fly, Immortality, Alive
enc 1: Better Man, Black, State of Love and Trust, Once
enc 2: Yellow Ledbetter
notes: Mike takes the stage and plays with Goodness before PJ's set. The rarely played 'Pilate' is noted as "this song was born in Montana." There isn't a particular 'Daughter' tag, although Ed takes this opportunity to acknowledge the many fans gathered on the large M on the hill outside the stadium: "Can you hear me? If you can, stand up and jump around" and they do while the crowd inside cheers 'MFC' kicks ass!! At the start of the first encore, Ed brings a fan on stage who brought a sign requesting 'Better Man.' He proposes to his girlfriend on stage and the band plays 'Better Man.' (Isn't that sweet??) At the start of the second encore, Jeff thanks his Mom and Dad and the promoter and Ed thanks Matt for drumming. This version of 'Yellow Ledbetter' is much like the version performed at last year's Tibetan Freedom Concert. Consensus is that Mike was on and Matt excelled.

Not sure if it's a soundboard recording or audience recording.
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    That's pretty sweet. I don't remember much about the opening band except they were decent. I might of lost my shit if that was an official release of PJ's set. That was my first real PJ show (lolla '92 withstanding). I would love to have a soundboard of it :)
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Zod said:

That's pretty sweet. I don't remember much about the opening band except they were decent. I might of lost my shit if that was an official release of PJ's set. That was my first real PJ show (lolla '92 withstanding). I would love to have a soundboard of it :)

Well its pretty clear the band has it if they are releasing this!
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    They need to make a $35 edition where they include pj's soundboard :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Zod said:

Yes please!!!

Can't wait to hear. :)
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

Yes please!!!

It's sort of Matt C's first real show with the band (excluding the warm up show), it's a piece of history that would make an awesome vault :)
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/goodness-first-album-on-vinyl-music/x/9164049#/

In September 1995 , Goodness released their self-titled debut. It was an album full of hope and heart. Oh, and it rocked, It definitely rocked. It was an album that went beyond just being another solid album from the rich Northwest music scene. It was a great album, period.

This year, with your help, we're planning on reissuing that album for the first time every on vinyl. 150 gram colored vinyl.

In order to get this done, we need hire an engineer to remaster the album, re-create the artwork, and ship it off to get it pressed to vinyl. All pretty standard stuff in the record pressing world, really but still costs a penny or two.

To thank you for your contribution to this project, we've come up with some pretty cool rewards that I think you'll enjoy and hopefully make this whole experience a great one for you.

We've managed to dig up a few t-shirts from way back in the day, a digital live album from their show in Missoula, Mt in '98 (when they opened for Pearl Jam!), handwritten lyrics to songs of your choice from Carrie Akre, test pressings, and a few other treats (yes, one of those treats are tickets to a reunion show)

In the weeks to come we'll be updating you on the progress of this whole thing... how the artwork is coming along, behind the scenes at practice or two, and a maybe some other surprises as well.

Please help us in spreading the word to anyone you think may be interested and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

-Pete / Latent Print Records
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    edited March 2017
    =)
    Post edited by Thierry Henry on
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    The 'bonus live album' is Goodness. Not Pearl Jam. Right?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Oh, and for the newbs, check out The Rockfords. Bunch of Mike McCready goodness (HA!) on their only record.
    www.cluthelee.com

The 'bonus live album' is Goodness. Not Pearl Jam. Right?

Just Goodness. Includes Mike McCready on Walkaway.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Sweet! I used to see Goodness back in the day whenever they played around town. I have their albums on CD, so I'm stoked to be getting a vinyl copy. And it sounds like they've got a reunion show planned as well. I'll have to dig out my old Goodness t-shirt. Thanks for the heads up, D!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Zod said:

No shit! It would be so cool to have a complete night like this on vinyl.
  • nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    Sweet, my first pj show, and my first poster in the collection
    The Vinyl doesn't ship to Canada :( That kind of defeats the purpose. It feels wrong chipping in $10usd towards getting the vinyl repressed when you can't actually buy the vinyl.. wtf? :)
    Zod said:

The Vinyl doesn't ship to Canada :( That kind of defeats the purpose. It feels wrong chipping in $10usd towards getting the vinyl repressed when you can't actually buy the vinyl.. wtf? :)

I hope they can fix the current USA shipping only option.
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

I hope they can fix the current USA shipping only option.
    Will be fixed on Monday! :)

• KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    Hey does anyone know when they charge your credit card on indiegogo.
    Is it when you pledge or when it closes.
    Can't find it on the indiegogo site.
  • jamhead64jamhead64 Posts: 52
    Great recording. Traded with their guitarist back in late 98 when I was hitting lots of Goodness shows in Seattle.
    jamhead64 said:

Great recording. Traded with their guitarist back in late 98 when I was hitting lots of Goodness shows in Seattle.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Zod said:

Absolutely!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    They still haven't fixed it so Canadians can help contribute and get a copy of the vinyl.. lol...

Is that picture from the Missoula show? My brain remembers the venue differently.. lol.
  • VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 313
    That pictures not from the Missoula show. I would be interested to know how come there is a full copy of Goodness but no pj from that show!
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
    VOLARE said:

That pictures not from the Missoula show. I would be interested to know how come there is a full copy of Goodness but no pj from that show!

Given that a DAT for Seattle II leaked and that live on 2 legs is composite of soundboards from the whole tour, I'm pretty sure they have soundboards of every show on the tour. Unfortunately they didn't start the bootleg series until the 00 tour :(
    They still haven't fixed the US only shipping thing :(
    Zod said:

Best to message them. They will help ya out. :)
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

Best to message them. They will help ya out. :)
    I was trying to find a link to message the person running the crowdfund, but I didn't see anything. What I am I missing?