It's PearlJam Madness 2017! Compete against Jeff Ament + PJ fans to win a signed bass from the band

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
edited March 2017 in The Porch
https://showcase.votion.co/bracket/9327c3f0-0809-11e7-ba3a-029f9751820b

Pearl Jam Madness has returned! Compete against Jeff Ament and other PJ fans in the 2017 NCAA March Madness tournament.

The grand prize winner will receive a bass guitar signed by Pearl Jam!

Entry period begins March 13, 2017. In order to be eligible for the tournament, all brackets must be submitted before the first game at 12:15pm ET on March 16, 2017. The tournament ends April 3, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.

Good luck!

GRAND PRIZE

2015 olympic-white Fender “Dee Dee Ramone Signature Precision” electric bass. C-shaped maple neck and maple fingerboard w/ black dot inlay. 3-ply black/white/black pickguard and split P-bass pickup covers. Chrome tuners and hardware. Dee Dee Ramone facsimile signature on back of headstock and a special “Dee Dee Ramone One Two Three Four” inscribed Ramones neck plate. Autographed in black Sharpie by all five Pearl Jam band members and PJ touring keyboardist, Boom Gaspar. Comes in a Fender soft gig bag.

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    NICE!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    Site crash
    :lol:
    Guess a lot of us went to join as soon as the email went out
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    I can't see the bracket and I have no idea about NCAA basketball...

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Official Rules ..

OFFICIAL RULES OF THE PEARL JAM MARCH MADNESS 2017 SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ENTRANT'S ODDS OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO NATURAL PERSONS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND) AND OF AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA AND NEBRASKA, WHO MUST BE 19 YEARS OF AGE). ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THE SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS ON MARCH 13, 2017 AND ENDS AT 11:59 PM ET ON APRIL 3, 2017. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN THE ENTRY PERIOD. THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN RANDOMLY FROM ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES. OTHER RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY.

SWEEPSTAKES NAME: PEARL JAM MARCH MADNESS 2017 SWEEPSTAKES ("Sweepstakes"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
    By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator (as defined below) which are final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.

ADMINISTRATOR: The administrator of the Sweepstakes is Ten Club, LLC ("Administrator"). Administrator will administer and conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these Official Rules. By participating in the Sweepstakes each entrant agrees as follows:

ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on MARCH 13, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on APRIL 3, 2017. METHOD OF ENTRY: Enter the Sweepstakes: via the World Wide Web by going to the Sweepstakes registration page at votion.co (the "Web Site") and complete the registration form in full to be entered to win. Entrants registering online must be the registered subscriber of the email account from which the entry is made. In order to enter the Sweepstakes, entrants will be required to provide a completed Pearl Jam Madness 2017 bracket through votion.co, their name, email address, mailing address and/or ZIP code. One entry per valid email address will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only entrant's first entry during the specified Sweepstakes entry period will count. No third party entry or entry through any sweepstakes service permitted. All entries become the property of the Administrator and none will be acknowledged or returned. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Administrator, will be disqualified.

USA ONLY!

You're tearing me apart!!! :(

• bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,989
    I'm joining anyways even though I'm not americano
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Site crash!! Can't even make an account
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    demetrios said:

Official Rules ..

OFFICIAL RULES OF THE PEARL JAM MARCH MADNESS 2017 SWEEPSTAKES SUMMARY: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ENTRANT'S ODDS OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO NATURAL PERSONS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND) AND OF AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA AND NEBRASKA, WHO MUST BE 19 YEARS OF AGE). ENTRY IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THE SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS ON MARCH 13, 2017 AND ENDS AT 11:59 PM ET ON APRIL 3, 2017. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED WITHIN THE ENTRY PERIOD. THE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN RANDOMLY FROM ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE ENTRY PERIOD, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES. OTHER RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY.

SWEEPSTAKES NAME: PEARL JAM MARCH MADNESS 2017 SWEEPSTAKES ("Sweepstakes"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
    By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator (as defined below) which are final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.

ADMINISTRATOR: The administrator of the Sweepstakes is Ten Club, LLC ("Administrator"). Administrator will administer and conduct the Sweepstakes substantially as described in these Official Rules. By participating in the Sweepstakes each entrant agrees as follows:

ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on MARCH 13, 2017 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on APRIL 3, 2017. METHOD OF ENTRY: Enter the Sweepstakes: via the World Wide Web by going to the Sweepstakes registration page at votion.co (the "Web Site") and complete the registration form in full to be entered to win. Entrants registering online must be the registered subscriber of the email account from which the entry is made. In order to enter the Sweepstakes, entrants will be required to provide a completed Pearl Jam Madness 2017 bracket through votion.co, their name, email address, mailing address and/or ZIP code. One entry per valid email address will be entered into the Sweepstakes. Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only entrant's first entry during the specified Sweepstakes entry period will count. No third party entry or entry through any sweepstakes service permitted. All entries become the property of the Administrator and none will be acknowledged or returned. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Administrator, will be disqualified.

USA ONLY!

THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO NATURAL PERSONS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND)

at least you won't have to complete against @Halifax2TheMax

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831

I'm joining anyways even though I'm not americano

Good idea!
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,589
    lolobugg said:

demetrios said:

Official Rules ..

USA ONLY!

THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO NATURAL PERSONS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND)

With the server crash you won't compete against many
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    Sweet I'm entering

I did a lot of research so hopefully I do okay. With that being said last year I chose Michigan state lol
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Heck yes. I cant wait to own that thing :wink:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

lolobugg said:

demetrios said:

Official Rules ..

USA ONLY!

With the server crash you won't compete against many
    I am taking Mr Ament down!!!!
    I want that bass, playa!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• yieldgirlyieldgirl Posts: 21
    I guess the site is down :(
    " I think the thing that has always driven me to play music is the feeling you get when you just close your eyes and play. When you shut off the logic in your brain, and play from your heart. I think that's what made me become a musician - that feeling you get. Especially, if you are with a group of people who are in the same zone, and heading towards that same place in the song. I think you share an intimacy in those situations that you can only compare to sharing intimacy with a lover. I think it's the same place. It's a feeling that I crave for sure. " Jeff Ament
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Just entered. :smiley: good luck all! W
    Will we get to see updates and standings and leaders and all?

Last years was kinda cool with the songs. Glad they did it this way though.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    I hope there's someone on here who went to Iona.
    Very fun. Two of my favorite things, basketball and PJ.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
    PJ212 said:

Why IONA punch you right in the eye.
    watch my Troy Trojans upset the Dukies.
    go Trojans! go Tarheels!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    us only...damnit. entered anyways, didnt know about us only crap
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Not for a soft gig bag. No way.
  • lolobugg said:

PJ212 said:

go Trojans! go Tarheels!
    No Way.

I'm through with screaming
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Whale of a contest, JA :sunglasses: I've paid little to no attention this year to college basketball but've submitted my bracket. Gonna be a hoot watching it all play out. Good luck to all!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited March 2017
    Omg I should never have tried to do this on my phone. Took like 45 mins and it's all jacked up with empty spots and no way to change it. Use a computer or tablet!

Edit- I lied, seems all good now after I logged out and back in.

Ps- what's wrong with Rhode Islanders, not allowed? Go PC!!
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417

I can't see the bracket and I have no idea about NCAA basketball...

typically, people who don't know anything are the ones who win
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    I just want to see Jeff's bracket.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I created mine last night but want to change a few games....it wont let me now? Any ideas?
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    I'm in.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Duke over Kentucky in the championship!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    I played for the laugh, I havent heard of a single team so based it on the team logos lol
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,874
    Entered! Picked several upsets
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    pdalowsky said:

I played for the laugh, I havent heard of a single team so based it on the team logos lol

The best i ever did was when i was 12 and had no knowledge. Finished 2nd in a huge pool. The more i know the worse i do
    That bass is yours.

lolobugg said:

PJ212 said:

go Trojans! go Tarheels!
    No Way.

:lol:
    well the Cubs won the World Series and Donald Trump is the president.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2