Pearl Jam - State of Love & Trust / Breath 7" Record Store Day '17

Comments

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017
    I can't wait to eventually get this! Brings back great memories.
    I made it to the finals of a radio contest lasting a month in 2001 answering questions about Pearl Jam against other people.
    The final question was a beat the buzzer one, "What two songs does Pearl Jam sing that were on a movie that they made an appearance in"?
    There were 3 or 4 others on stage (I can't remember how many because at the time I knew I was going to win), it was at the Sticky Wicket in Victoria, BC and I answered in my microphone before he even finished the question. Needless to say I won $500, a ferry to Seattle and 2tix for the show at the Key Arena. The radio announcer didn't even know the movie I was talking about. As a bonus I got to visit the OK café.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    There's gonna be an AIC 2x7" too. Get Born Again/What The Hell Have I. I'm guessing the b sides are the corresponding songs from those "singles".
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

There's gonna be an AIC 2x7" too. Get Born Again/What The Hell Have I. I'm guessing the b sides are the corresponding songs from those "singles".

Really??? I'm pumped for that!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Def picking this up Especially if i see another few bad reviews on the Singles pressing. Cant trust just one guy.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942

That's pretty awesome. I love the Last Action Hero Soundtrack. The AC/DC song on it is one of my favourite AC/DC songs (Big Gun).

I do wish that AIC would release Nothing Safe on vinyl. I actually like it quite a bit more than the greatest hits lp :)
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited March 2017
    Stuffs getting pricey!! Saw a weed smelling Peter tosh colored single lp of legalize it for like $60!?! Damn that's steep. I'll buy the og of it for $15 thanks. Also the moe. 2lp is $70.... damn ya'll this is getting out of hand!
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    So much for this:

http://www.riffyou.com/record-store-day-changes-2017/

lol.... even outside RSD I'm finding vinyl to be getting quite expensive. A few years ago $30 was kind of expensive for a record, and now that boundary seems to be closer to $40 :( The RSD stuff even gets more out of whack with some of the pricing.

It kind of makes you wonder if greed willl end up killing off the vinyl resurgence..... I'm glad I bought most of my vinyl collection when prices were cheaper. I do wish I'd bought more old used records when people would sell them for less than a buck.. lol.
    RSD is pricey, but just a heads up that leaked list is in Euros and I guess the retailer had already marked up the prices. Most of those prices are 20-30% higher than what the US prices should be. This is according to the list leaker (The same dude has been leaking it the past few years).

• smitalsmital Posts: 187
    Zod said:
    This was an April Fools Day article -- not sure if you are using it as a legit source/reference.
    smital said:

Zod said:
    This was an April Fools Day article -- not sure if you are using it as a legit source/reference.
    No, I was completely oblivious. It came up when I googled record store day 2017.... lol... should of know it wasn't real :)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,316
    https://www.google.ca/amp/thevinylfactory.com/news/record-store-day-2017-exclusives-list-rumour/amp/

Just 1 PJ related release on RSD. Was hoping HockeyTalker had a release too. Maybe the Thunderpussy 7" single with Mike will be available soon at the 10club store.
  • stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    "Pearl Jam – Pearl Jam State Of Love And Trust / Breath [7”] (limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive) 7″
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
    correct
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    TL61540 said:

"Pearl Jam – Pearl Jam State Of Love And Trust / Breath [7”] (limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive) 7″

Indie-retail. Does that mean you can't get it in Sweden?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    5000 is a ton of records. Everyone will eat on this. Easy pick up!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

I made it to the finals of a radio contest lasting a month in 2001 answering questions about Pearl Jam against other people.
    The final question was a beat the buzzer one, "What two songs does Pearl Jam sing that were on a movie that they made an appearance in"?
    There were 3 or 4 others on stage (I can't remember how many because at the time I knew I was going to win), it was at the Sticky Wicket in Victoria, BC and I answered in my microphone before he even finished the question. Needless to say I won $500, a ferry to Seattle and 2tix for the show at the Key Arena. The radio announcer didn't even know the movie I was talking about. As a bonus I got to visit the OK café.

That's awesome!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited March 2017
    MedozK said:

MedozK said:

PJfanOK said:

Missed last year because I flew to Greenville for the epic Vs show. The official list should be out this week, so we'll know for sure

My wife and I went to that show, and that morning I made my wife go with me to a local store... and while we were there Mike McCready came in and hung out for a while. Cool day, not to mention the epic show.

Horizon Records? That is my local place and I was so mad when I didnt go that day. Especially after hearing Mike was there.
    Yea, cool store. I was actually looking at records and my wife came up to me and said "Isn't that Mike McCready"..lol
    Another great story in this thread!

I'm not an autograph seeker, but I would have been tempted to politely as him to sign a record. Did you get a chance to chat with him?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225

Damn think i might have been there, was it in the room at the top of the stairs just outside the games room?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    edited March 2017

Your memory brought about memories of stuff I won from the radio :)

In 2000 I was in university and my crappy car lost a piston. I was at home studying and the fox in Vancouver had been running a contest where they'd play a song in the morning, and when you heard that song again sometime during the day, you called in and 9th caller won $1000. This particular Saturday I was studying for exams so I had the radio on the whole day. The song of the day was Better man, and we had two phone lines in my house (one for talking, one for internet... lol), so I was calling on both. I got caller 7 and was bummed, but on the other phone, it rang and went live on air. It was a total holy shit moment! I needed that money so bad to get another car, that I was extremely excited on the phone call. The Fox used a clip of me in their ads for the contest for the rest of the month... lol!!!

Then it better. A short time after this the Fox announced that Pearl Jam was playing the Commodore. I was trying so hard to win tickets. Never got through, would just miss out etc.... Then one day it was 9th caller and they had to answer a skill testing question (I think I learned most of my PJ trivia while they had this contest on). They asked what Mike's current side project was and the 9th caller said Mad Season (which was wrong). My line went live and before the DJ could say anything... I just scream "It's the Rockfords!!!!!!!!".. lol!! Then he asked me my name and at the moment I remembered I couldn't actually win because I won that grand, and anyone who won something in the last 90 days couldn't qualify. I said the first letter of my name and then switched to a friend. I was like b-Gary! lol. Then they wanted contact info which was his. I actually had to put them on hold for a minute, called his house and got his mom to give me his postal code... lol!

Those are the only two things I think I've won from Radio calls in and they were very close together. That's what I thought of from your winning at the Sticky Wicket.. which would of been cool to see...
    Post edited by Zod on
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    my2hands said:

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

PJfanOK said:

Missed last year because I flew to Greenville for the epic Vs show. The official list should be out this week, so we'll know for sure

My wife and I went to that show, and that morning I made my wife go with me to a local store... and while we were there Mike McCready came in and hung out for a while. Cool day, not to mention the epic show.

Horizon Records? That is my local place and I was so mad when I didnt go that day. Especially after hearing Mike was there.
    Yea, cool store. I was actually looking at records and my wife came up to me and said "Isn't that Mike McCready"..lol

I'm not an autograph seeker, but I would have been tempted to politely as him to sign a record. Did you get a chance to chat with him?
    Naw, I'm a smile and nod kinda guy..lol

He was speaking to the staff of the store, and I'm not the "excuse me, can I get a picture" kinda guy.. so it was cool to see him.. but I kept shopping..lol
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    MedozK said:

my2hands said:

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

PJfanOK said:

He was speaking to the staff of the store, and I'm not the "excuse me, can I get a picture" kinda guy.. so it was cool to see him.. but I kept shopping..lol
    Not even a handshake?! Thats a lot of self control. He probably appreciates it though
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited March 2017

MedozK said:

my2hands said:

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

PJfanOK said:

Not even a handshake?! Thats a lot of self control. He probably appreciates it though
    Nope, I'm sure they get it all the time. I just an eye contact and nod guy...lol.

But he did touch me when he handed me a pick at the Third Man show...so I got that going for me..which is nice..lol
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,316
    We officially find out tomorrow. :)
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594

TL61540 said:

Indie-retail. Does that mean you can't get it in Sweden?
    It means record stores. Whether that means U.S. and Europe, I'm not sure.
  • Horse2345 said:

Damn think i might have been there, was it in the room at the top of the stairs just outside the games room?
    Yes it was!!!!
  • my2hands said:

That's awesome!
    Thanks for reading.
    It was amazing.
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    My record store will have it,I called them. They'll also have unrealesed live Bowie records and the limited edition Badmotorfinger package.
    Officially announced in 3 min.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225

Horse2345 said:

Yes it was!!!!
    Damn the good old days. Was it The Zone? I remember when they first started, won so many things from them.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13