Raise the funds needed to put Our Veterans in the training and certification programs - closes 3.22

F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
edited March 2017 in Vitalogy
Hi PJ Friends!
My company (Worldlink) is associated with the charitable organization called Working Wardrobes.
They are running an event in March called Walk In Their Shoes.
The goal is to walk 5k in boots in honor of our veterans and to raise money to assist Veterans in Orange County, CA.
Orange County has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation at 4.2%. With an abundance of jobs that often beg for talent, there is a strong need for well-trained candidates to fill these positions. At Working Wardrobes VetNet, our mission is to provide our veterans, service members, their spouses and caregivers with the tools they need to become gainfully employed in the civilian workforce.

We have many employees taking part and our company is trying to raise $500 (revised to) $2000. I told them that I know a group where there is MUCH generosity to Vets and that I was betting we could clear much more than $500 -- and, of course, I led with action, donating $100.
How much can we raise? Would love any help toward our goal and beyond. $5 -- $10, $25, more -- anything helps!!!!

https://workingwardrobes.networkforgood.com/projects/26440-walk-in-their-shoes-worldlink-walks-the-walk

I ask that if you choose to give to this, that you put PJ in your name -- you can enter your name (and put PJ after) or you can be anonymous, just entering PJ,
A great cause....and I know that many here love to support good causes.

Appreciate your support in advance!
This is an official organization and they will send you a receipt for your taxes if you are in position to donate.

If you want to check them out, go to their site:
http://www.workingwardrobes.org/job-seekers/vetnet/

Thanks -- you all rock!
The love he receives is the love that is saved
Post edited by F Me In The Brain on

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Awesome, someone already gave $25!
    Pearl jam community is the best!
    Thanks!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    edited March 2017
    The first person to donate $75 or more gets a Lincoln, NE Pearl Jam poster. (Updated, gone, and the poster yielded a $100 donation, thanks!!!)
    $50 or more gets you a Fenway Mark V AP poster. (updated, gone, thanks!!)
    $40 or more gets you a NYC 2016 2 poster. (See below to be clear on which MSG poster the 2nd show one was.)
    https://goo.gl/images/Oi52Hg

All you have to do is PM me and put the name of the poster in your donation.
    This is a tax eligible item, folks!
    Shipping is covered, worldwide
    edited March 2017
    Lincoln poster, gone
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    awesome thing here!
    Wow, boom! More PJ family kindness. Thanks!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    This goes til 3/22?? I
    Will do something here when I get paid. Love ya F'Me!! You rock. One of the great many AWESOME folks that I have yet to meet!
    Yep, and thank you -- you have a big old hug in your future @ some point.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    :)
    Thanks!
    Thanks Amy B! :)
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Hey boots!

Great cause. :clap:
    Ha! Hey boots, indeed!
    Goal exceeded! What a community of wonderful souls here.
    Posters still out there & we can still keep giving. Thanks to everyone here who rocks for bumping, sharing, giving, encouraging!
    Fenway Mark V AP is now gone, $50 donation received. Thanks!

NYC2 still left -- $40 will get it to you shipped, worldwide!
    Raised goal to $2000. No reason to not push for this worthy cause - thanks for your help!
    Bump
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    One more week bump.
    ELITIST FUK
    Thought the vault would get snapped up. Only a few more days with these up bump.
    Up!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Last day?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Yes sir, last day! Thanks for the bump.