Singles Soundtrack Re-issue Coming Soon (August 2015)

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    @ Heart

https://www.facebook.com/heart/photos/a.377845959859.157613.56095229859/10155073031889860/?type=3

Up in Seattle today filming a documentary about the movie Singles!
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    lolobugg said:

how does the Drown demo sound though???????
    :lol:

Real happy it made it onto the soundtrack.
  • ali_burgeali_burge Posts: 31
    mfc2006 said:

demetrios said:

Vinyl comes out May 19th. This lucky duck from lakeshorerecords.com has his copy in hand.

ericcraigis Singles Soundtrack on vinyl. The sound quality is pretty mediocre. A+ for vibe though. #vinyl #vinyljunkie #vinylcollector #vinylsoundtrack #vinylcollection #vinyladdict #singlessoundtrack #aliceinchains #pearljam #chriscornell #paulwesterberg #smashingpumpkins #motherlovebone #soundgarden #mudhoney #screamingtrees #seattle #seattlelife #seattleart #seattlemusic #seattlestyle
    mediocre sound quality doesn't sound good....
    His copy does have a pretty major warp in it as well..

Amazed they didn't do this as a 45rpm release given the low tracks per side count here.
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
    ali_burge said:

mfc2006 said:

demetrios said:

Vinyl comes out May 19th. This lucky duck from lakeshorerecords.com has his copy in hand.

ericcraigis Singles Soundtrack on vinyl. The sound quality is pretty mediocre. A+ for vibe though. #vinyl #vinyljunkie #vinylcollector #vinylsoundtrack #vinylcollection #vinyladdict #singlessoundtrack #aliceinchains #pearljam #chriscornell #paulwesterberg #smashingpumpkins #motherlovebone #soundgarden #mudhoney #screamingtrees #seattle #seattlelife #seattleart #seattlemusic #seattlestyle
    mediocre sound quality doesn't sound good....
    His copy does have a pretty major warp in it as well..

Amazed they didn't do this as a 45rpm release given the low tracks per side count here.
    True. Hopefully the packaging on these by Sony Legacy are well protected. Even with the warp, the dude above works at Lakeshore Records. They know their audio.

A 7" Singles Soundtrack Box Set would be pretty cool. Maybe a promo set by Sony will come out ...
  • GC31608GC31608 GA Posts: 227
    Looks like the vinyl is no longer available in the shop.
    GC31608 said:

Pretty shocking it's no longer there when the release date is May 19th. There's no shortage on this release at any record / outlet store taking pre orders.
  • AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    demetrios said:

GC31608 said:

Pretty shocking it's no longer there when the release date is May 19th. There's no shortage on this release at any record / outlet store taking pre orders.
    Unless the 10C version is a special limited edition.......
    Or they knew it was everywhere and only ordered what they got orders for so they didn't get stuck with excess.

demetrios said:

GC31608 said:

With my luck not pre ordering with them there probably will be blood splatter vinyl copies exclusive with 10club orders. Went with Amazon as price & shipping is a whole lot cheaper & would arrive here in 2 day's then going 2 months & cost a lot more.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

GC31608 said:

With my luck not pre ordering with them there probably will be blood splatter vinyl copies exclusive with 10club orders. Went with Amazon as price & shipping is a whole lot cheaper & would arrive here in 2 day's then going 2 months & cost a lot more.
    ^ yep. Same boat here. Just like the other splatter out there this one seems to have crappy sound too, go figure.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

GC31608 said:

^ yep. Same boat here. Just like the other splatter out there this one seems to have crappy sound too, go figure.
    I ordered from 10C for Yield and NC. They took way longer to arrive than Amazon, cost more, and my NC sleeve was banged up. If it was Amazon, I would have returned it. But not worth the hassle with 10C. I only ordered it through 10C in hopes that there would be something special but alas it wasn't. Therefore Singles was ordered with Amazon.
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    GC31608 said:

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

mrussel1 said:

Ugh... May need to cancel my pre-order. It wasn't really a cheap record.

I'm kind of thinking of doing the same. May just wait until it comes out to hear what others have to say about the sound.
    Right... I don't think there's going to be any shortage. Nothing indicates it's a limited pressing.
    I'm definitely going to wait. At first that was because I think the prices will drop after release. Not I just have one more reason to not buy this right now, even though I have been anticipating the album for years.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    I'm going to be in Europe, when this is released, would the European version be any different than the US version? Not meaning different songs or anything, just in pressing or quality of the pressing?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

I'm going to be in Europe, when this is released, would the European version be any different than the US version? Not meaning different songs or anything, just in pressing or quality of the pressing?

Maybe, pick me one up while your there.
    MedozK said:

Maybe, pick me one up while your there.
    It's a Sony Legacy release so there probably will be a Euro pressing (sold to USA/CDN) & probably a Made in Germany pressing (sold in Europe)
    demetrios said:
    I pre-ordered... but Lord, Sony Legacy has yet to produce something that's worthy of the vinyl.
    Their Miles Davis stuff has been very good. But I assume you are referring to PJ stuff.

Their Miles Davis stuff has been very good. But I assume you are referring to PJ stuff.

I do stand corrected on this.. I have a stereo Kind of Blue from Columbia/Legacy that does sound excellent. It was mixed by Kevin Gray and pressed at MPO...probably hard to fuck that one up!
    mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:
    I pre-ordered... but Lord, Sony Legacy has yet to produce something that's worthy of the vinyl.
    If Sony Legacy released a Pearl Jam No Code & Yield Limited Edition Collector's Boxed Set ...

demetrios said:

mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:
    If Sony Legacy released a Pearl Jam No Code & Yield Limited Edition Collector's Boxed Set ...

I'll stick with my cassettes.
  • BC62528BC62528 Posts: 199
    thank you Demetrios...
    BC62528 said:

thank you Demetrios...

No problemo! Watch these new batches be all variant editions & I'll be like ..

for not placing an order.
    Just a heads up, for people who ordered from Pop Market. Pop Market went out of business. Their assets were purchased by the company that owns CcMusic/DeepDiscount. My guess is they may fulfill your order, but you are probably better off cancelling and ordering from somewhere else if you want this by release day.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    This over 2LPs would've been nice but hey im just glad its being repressed
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465

Just a heads up, for people who ordered from Pop Market. Pop Market went out of business. Their assets were purchased by the company that owns CcMusic/DeepDiscount. My guess is they may fulfill your order, but you are probably better off cancelling and ordering from somewhere else if you want this by release day.

Ha! I didn't even realize that I stopped getting emails from them two months ago. They usually sent two or three emails a day.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225

Gee what a surprise! I told them several times they were going to go out of business, they're new shipping prices were a joke.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Horse2345 said:

Gee what a surprise! I told them several times they were going to go out of business, they're new shipping prices were a joke.
    I'm not shocked. Their shipping prices were INSANE!! I haven't shopped there in years & many of my friends stopped too cause of their crazy international shipping.