Pearl Jam - State of Love & Trust / Breath 7" Record Store Day '17

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
edited April 2017 in The Porch
http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/9525

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/263490/state-of-love-trust-rsd-2017-7
AG280962 said:

I don't know the full details ,but I was told that it is limited to 500 or 700 copies.

I will update the post if I receive more info.

My apologies if this has already been posted.

If so limited, this is sooo gonna be easy to find up here in Canada. :/
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    April 22. Mark your calendars!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    A release in the hundreds seems abnormally low for a RSD release from PJ. I figured there would be at least as many as there was of the EV 7" from a few years back. Hopefully that's wrong, because then it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    edited March 2017
    yah it's kind of mean to only press 500. With the current popularity of vinyl you would want to press several thousand. Otherwise none of your fans get one and they'll end up on ebay for $100.

That being said some of the other PJ releases have been small runs too.. which made them hard to find. These days my biggest RSD struggle is alot of the cool stuff is US only :(
    Post edited by Zod on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    Zod said:

yah it's kind of mean to only press 500. With the current popularity of vinyl you would want to press several thousand. Otherwise none of your fans get one and they'll end up on ebay for $100.

That being said some of the other PJ releases have been small runs too.. which made them hard to find. These days my biggest RSD struggle is alot of the cool stuff is US only :(

I pretty much given up on going out on rsd. I pretty much buy my rsd goodies online from USA online record stores. You can't count on Canadian record stores delivering rsd titles.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

I pretty much given up on going out on rsd. I pretty much buy my rsd goodies online from USA online record stores. You can't count on Canadian record stores delivering rsd titles.
    yah me too.. the good news was pressing sizes must of been large last RSD, because the prices weren't quite as inflated last year, and extras weren't horribly hard to find on websites.... I think I only ebayed the foo fighters one last year. The rest I found on various independent record store websites.

ORSD (online record store day) :)
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

yah me too.. the good news was pressing sizes must of been large last RSD, because the prices weren't quite as inflated last year, and extras weren't horribly hard to find on websites.... I think I only ebayed the foo fighters one last year. The rest I found on various independent record store websites.

ORSD (online record store day) :)
    Online Record Store Day is so awesome! I like that then going in stores on rsd waiting in line to be disappointed going in and not finding what I wanted. Least shopping online I can surf and roam many online record stores to see if they have my items in stock. When they do have what I want I do my happy dance.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I swore I wasn't going to do rsd this year but if pj is involved and I've waited for hours the past 5 or 6 years when they weren't then I surely have to go this year. It's never too bad here, I just bring a chair and sleep from like 4am until someone wakes me up to move. Hopefully some other releases make it worthwhile.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If its a run of 500, someone PayPal Me $500 and I will sleep outside of a record shop to grab this for you lol
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    I hope it's not 500...from what I've seen, usually around 3K and up are not too hard to come by.

I'm gonna wait until the official numbers get released before I get all worked up about how many.

Though I did skip out on waiting in line last year, and it was so nice....I got what I wanted over the course of the following week.

I visit by local shop a few times a month and have spent more than I probably should on music, so RSD for me (and I know a lot of us) is not much more than a headache :punch:
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• BronyBrony Posts: 628
    What would the price of this be at a store?
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Brony said:

If this is happening, the list will be out soon. Usually the prices are included with the list.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Brony said:

I would imagine $7-10.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mfc2006 said:

Brony said:

I would imagine $7-10.
    I would say $12-$15. I have seen a steady price increase of my stores in Nashville taking advantage of RSD.
    edited March 2017
    MedozK said:

mfc2006 said:

Brony said:

I would imagine $7-10.
    I would say $12-$15. I have seen a steady price increase of my stores in Nashville taking advantage of RSD.
    That much? So probably $24.99 CDN here, in Canada, if any record store secures a few copies @ this rumored 500 run.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    I'm pretty much done with RSD these days as well. A lot of the stuff I'm interested in doesn't make it to Australia, and if it does it's in crazy quantities. I hope there'll be more than 500 of these...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Hopefully they'll make more than 500 :s
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    imo, 10c will have a shit load of these to sell on that day..... money to be made.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
    Hopefully. I guess they did have enough of the Mad Season, MLB and Touch Me I'm Dick 7"s to go around. Hopefully a $10-$17 7" of a song that's 25 years old that will be released as part of a full (and superior) album a month later will kill some demand.
    Nami said:

imo, 10c will have a shit load of these to sell on that day..... money to be made.

Cool. Maybe an exclusive colored variant edition.
  • Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam State Of Love And Trust / Breath [7''] (limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive)

7” 12,50€

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam State Of Love And Trust / Breath [7''] (limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive)

7” 12,50€

Wicked. Source on that info?
    12,50€ sounds about like what I said $12-$15
  • demetrios said:

Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam State Of Love And Trust / Breath [7''] (limited to 5000, indie-retail exclusive)

7” 12,50€

To be taken with a grain of salt. Leaked list on Reddit

demetrios said:

7” 12,50€

To be taken with a grain of salt. Leaked list on Reddit
    Thanks!! :)
  • PJfanOKPJfanOK Oklahoma Posts: 118
    Talked to my record store guy today and he said that's definitely the PJ 7". He didn't have it in front of him, but he was thinking he saw 2000 and they would be $18-$20. If it does turn out to be 5000 though, they'll be plenty to go around and only people without access to a record store will be stuck paying eBay prices if 10c happens to not sell or run out. I generally make a morning of it hanging out in front of my store from about 4am till they open at 10. Have a regular group of 4-5 of us that do it. We play music, drink some brews and have a good time. Last couple RSD and black Friday RSD selections haven't been that great though. Missed last year because I flew to Greenville for the epic Vs show. The official list should be out this week, so we'll know for sure
    4-3-03 OKC
    11-15-13 Dallas
    11-16-13 OKC
    10-3-14 St. Louis
    10-8-14 Tulsa
    10-9-14 Lincoln
    4-16-16 Greenville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    4-21-16 Columbia
    8-20-16 Wrigley 1
    8-18-18 Wrigley 1
    8-20-18 Wrigley 2
    9-16-22 Nashville
    9-18-22 St.Louis
    9-20-22 OKC
    The list leaked and its confirmed, 5000 copies.
    PJfanOK said:

Missed last year because I flew to Greenville for the epic Vs show. The official list should be out this week, so we'll know for sure

My wife and I went to that show, and that morning I made my wife go with me to a local store... and while we were there Mike McCready came in and hung out for a while. Cool day, not to mention the epic show.

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    MedozK said:

PJfanOK said:

Missed last year because I flew to Greenville for the epic Vs show. The official list should be out this week, so we'll know for sure

My wife and I went to that show, and that morning I made my wife go with me to a local store... and while we were there Mike McCready came in and hung out for a while. Cool day, not to mention the epic show.

Horizon Records? That is my local place and I was so mad when I didnt go that day. Especially after hearing Mike was there.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

MedozK said:

PJfanOK said:

Horizon Records? That is my local place and I was so mad when I didnt go that day. Especially after hearing Mike was there.
    Yea, cool store. I was actually looking at records and my wife came up to me and said "Isn't that Mike McCready"..lol
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Be cool if no one had access to the list and people actually had to go to the store and just buy what they liked.....