Pet Peeves

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    when you tell people something and they don't LISTEN, then THEY PRETEND YOU NEVER TOLD THEM. It's not that they are stupid...the just do not listen!!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    chadwick said:

when im listening sabbath & someone wants to pick my nose. im like, what the frig, get the heck off me for awhile, i got sabbath goin rather loudly you fucker

https://youtu.be/4WrTZweHXTI

This is like an everyday thing for me, chadwick.

Hey, person - leave my nose alone!
    (all in all, it's just another pick in the schnoz)
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    When people keep interrupting you mid sentence.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Sprunkn7 said:

when you tell people something and they don't LISTEN, then THEY PRETEND YOU NEVER TOLD THEM. It's not that they are stupid...the just do not listen!!!

this hisses me off too enough to just want to leave
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    Sprunkn7 said:

This is just about every male I have ever known...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    RKCNDY said:

Sprunkn7 said:

This is just about every male I have ever known...
    As a male, I totally agree. That's why the ladies should be more understanding about our natural limitations.
  • No one's said this one yet...but how bout when you tell people something and they don't listen...then they pretend you never told them. I mean...it's not that they're stupid, they just don't listen!!!!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    LOL ^^^ Freakin men
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Sprunkn7 said:

LOL ^^^ Freakin men

Guess we can safely assume mookie is a guy... :lol:

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    liars and they think God approves of their twisted reasonings even if authority back them up
    as if authority really are that twisted if they are i'd be watching out for yourself....
    At the moment - and while it's usually more of a just breathe deeply and let it roll off my back reaction - those who judge, who assume others are judged by anyone but themselves.

My pet gets peeved by that!

Think for yourself, question authority.

(and keep your third eye wide open)
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    When people start a new PM thread to message you. It's not like texting folks it doesn't just default to the last PM it starts a whole new thread. For the love just go back and find the last one.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    You can't help that you're popular
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    FoxyRedLa said:

You can't help that you're popular

It's a curse... I'm with you on this one.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited March 2017
    Anything that wastes my time. Some already said putting your change away before getting out of the way, or waiting until the cashier tells you your total before you even begin to look for your wallet (as if having to pay was a surprise?). Top of my list for sure.

Slamming on your brakes so you can stop at a yellow light. Refusing to turn left on a green light, and wait a full cycle for the green arrow. Drivers here are the worst. I grew up in LA. LA has good drivers, they are just rude. There's a difference. I prefer rude drivers to clueless ones any day.

There also seems to be some sort of magnet in the doorway of a store, people suddenly seem to find the need to stop in the middle of the doorway to put their phone away, get our their shopping list, etc. Take a step to the side first!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mace1229 said:

There also seems to be some sort of magnet in the doorway of a store, people suddenly seem to find the need to stop in the middle of the doorway to put their phone away, get our their shopping list, etc. Take a step to the side first!

Seriously, WHAT is the deal with that?!?!?!!!
    mace, I've lived here my entire life and can tell you that LA has some pretty fucking clueless drivers. It's like an obstacle course some days.

And yes on the sudden stopping at the market! They also pull that crap smack-dab in the middle of the aisle.
    I cannot even imagine the amount of bodies everywhere you go. So thankful for where I live.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    mace1229 said:

Anything that wastes my time. Some already said putting your change away before getting out of the way, or waiting until the cashier tells you your total before you even begin to look for your wallet (as if having to pay was a surprise?). Top of my list for sure.

Slamming on your brakes so you can stop at a yellow light. Refusing to turn left on a green light, and wait a full cycle for the green arrow. Drivers here are the worst. I grew up in LA. LA has good drivers, they are just rude. There's a difference. I prefer rude drivers to clueless ones any day.

Yes. Driving here definitely sucks. I too grew up driving in SoCal. (Hemet/Riverside.. the I.E.). I have days here, where emotionally.., Ijust can't handle driving.. so I walk.. I have never experienced this anywhere other than Colorado Springs. Ok.. I take that back Chicago scared the poop out of me! :lol:
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    hedonist said:

mace, I've lived here my entire life and can tell you that LA has some pretty fucking clueless drivers. It's like an obstacle course some days.

And yes on the sudden stopping at the market! They also pull that crap smack-dab in the middle of the aisle.

I lived in SoCal until I was 30, most of that in LA or LA area. For the amount of people driving, I find far fewer clueless drivers (unless it rains, but that's like 3 times a year) than most other places. They are just rude, and you learn to not signal, because if you do that gap you were going to merge into goes away.
    mace1229 said:

hedonist said:

I lived in SoCal until I was 30, most of that in LA or LA area. For the amount of people driving, I find far fewer clueless drivers (unless it rains, but that's like 3 times a year) than most other places. They are just rude, and you learn to not signal, because if you do that gap you were going to merge into goes away.
    Yep, I lived in the I.E. ( all over that kingdom even! Riverside, MoVal, Redlands, Hemet, Indio/LaQuinta /Cathedral City, Norco, Corona Proper.. you get the idea). Til I was 26. I moved toJoplin Mo, where everyone smoked meth, and had no teeth. Lol THAT was culture shock! (Everyone kept telling me to put more clothes on! Hahahaha!)
    I moved here to Colorado Springs in
    2011, from KCK. I got here11 days before thatF5 hit Joplin.
    And yes.. huge pet peeve with
    Driving here, is having to drive in
    Bad weather. There is no stopping in
    Ice.. drive accordingly, and watch the ROAD.. not the snow!
    Drives me NUTS!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Drives me NUTS!

The people who think 4WD makes them invincible & still drive like its a warm, sunny summer day when it's dumping snow and ice. Tailgating, driving in excess of the speed limit, weaving in and out of lanes to get around people, etc... now, I don't ever wish harm upon anyone but if I ever witness one of those fuckers wrecking, I can't be held responsible for the smirk on my face.

Drives me NUTS!

The people who think 4WD makes them invincible & still drive like its a warm, sunny summer day when it's dumping snow and ice. Tailgating, driving in excess of the speed limit, weaving in and out of lanes to get around people, etc... now, I don't ever wish harm upon anyone but if I ever witness one of those fuckers wrecking, I can't be held responsible for the smirk on my face.
    +1
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    People that crunch with their mouth open when they eat. I'm ok with a little lip smacking, but when you're eating something like a cracker or potato chips please don't make it sound like you're chewing on gravel.

The rest of mine involve people trying to do something to help me out but doing it incorrectly and things that are slightly OCD-like. For the first one, I appreciate it if you're trying to help me, but if you're going to take the time to do something, do it right. I'd rather just do it myself than have to go back and redo someone else's shoddy work. The second is having things like DVDs and CDs alphabetized or having certain things in their place. I'm not full blown OCD as I don't go crazy...eventually it will bother me enough to go fix it.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Disgusting eaters.
    Hearing people eat really, really bothers me.
    A little lip smacking :rofl:
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    FoxyRedLa said:

A little lip smacking :rofl:

You know what I meant :lol:

I'm not as eloquent as I would like and that's the only way I could think to describe it.
    People that
    mca47 said:

Disgusting eaters.
    Hearing people eat really, really bothers me.

What about watching them? Do you like 'seefood'?

- Christopher McCandless
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    When people talk about the "extra" hour of daylight we get.
    The amount of daylight during the 24 hour cycle doesn't change at all. When that light is allocated throughout the day has but we still get exactly the same amount of freaking daylight(discounting the actual gained minutes of daylight we get per day due to moving towards the summer solstice).

Twice a year this drives me insane, not the time changes but that people actually think it effects the amount of light in a given day. :weary:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.