***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I'm obviously a little optimistic with my 2017 prediction, but at the rate shit has been happening, it doesn't seem as crazy as it did when I initially voted. I think post-2018 when the next Congress is elected is probably more likely, but with GOP heavyweights like Lindsey Graham and John McCain blasting Trump, hopefully they'll be able to create some sort of opposition movement within the GOP. Never thought I'd be jumping on a Lindsey Graham bandwagon, LOL. People like Pelosi and Franken can rightfully make noise about this latest Sessions revelation, and that will mostly be dismissed because it is expected from the opposition party. But when you have 2 very senior, powerful GOP senators now acting like the opposition, it is starting to get real. So I'm going to hold on to my 2017 prediction, especially if Sessions is in no position to block progress (either because he recuses himself, resigns, or is fired).
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786

it was 2 years after watergate broke before nixon was impeached. but with everything that is going on, I predict sooner.

I suspect a bunch of R's who are up for re-election at midterms will magically grow a spine in two years and start to push the issue. Even though R's control all branches of government, they're all moving in different directions. There is an internal power struggle happening, and I hope it's only a matter of time before they start to cannibalize each other and implode. Sooner the better.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    ^
    The Sessions thing is obviously huge. If he recuses and a special prosecutor is given free reign....I may have to change my '19 vote to earlier.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I'll stick with my pick but man it's unreal how much collusion is swirling all around the orange bafoon , and you know that after Tuesday's speech which all the suckers ate up he probably thought ok I'm good to go now lol hey trumpsters how do you like he's speech now ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited March 2017
    Sessions has recused himself from Russia election investigations.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dankind said:

basically neutering himself and his AG office at the same time. just get rid of the chump. he's now admitted to being useless and corrupted.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

dankind said:

basically neutering himself and his AG office at the same time. just get rid of the chump. he's now admitted to being useless and corrupted.
    I was shocked when I saw him @ his news conference he seems off a bit glassy eyes ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    So much for "presidential" Trump...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

So much for "presidential" Trump...

Tweet storm from the crapper again, he must have eaten well yesterday!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Seems like a guilty man feeling cornered
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    I really, really don't want Mike Pence as our president. As bad as Trump is, the alternative is far, far worse.

Trump is a wolf. Pence is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a far more dangerous prospect for this country.

I really, really don't want Mike Pence as our president. As bad as Trump is, the alternative is far, far worse.

Trump is a wolf. Pence is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a far more dangerous prospect for this country.

Pence is horrible....however he is a rational human being. We're better off with someone like that with the nuke codes than Trump.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Based off the policy plans put forward thus far, I don't see it. Trump is governing from a perspective that is just as nutty as Pence, and his bombastic style is actually a plus to the huge population of morons in America. Pence doesn't have the charisma to bring out the rubes that voted for Trump. An impeachment would be a huge blow to the entire GOP and a huge boost to the Dems, downticket progress will be certain.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2017

Pence is horrible....however he is a rational human being. We're better off with someone like that with the nuke codes than Trump.
    I have to agree. During the campaign I did say that Pence was at least as bad... But Trump has proven to be FAR worse than I even imagined he would be, and I thought it would be really bad. At this point, just having a sane person in the White house seems like the better option, whatever his policies might end up being, especially since Trump's policies are just as bad or worse than any I can imagine Pence getting behind.
    The problem would probably still remain either way: Steve Bannon. I feel like maybe Pence doesn't have the guts to get rid of him or some of the other creeps in the campaign. I don't really sense that Pence is happy with them, really. But I think if him as someone who will go along with all those bullies anyhow. And push his homophobic agenda, of course.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Not gonna happen. Imagine trump as pres before social media.... this hysteria is all meaningless and he'll see out his term. Not to mention everything's blue so nothing can happen unless midterms flip the majority.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    edited March 2017
    It might happen or it might not happen. I think Trump is on a downward spiral, and it's only been 6 weeks. Impeachment is not a crazy idea at all, given what we've seen in this short amount of time.
    Why would we want to imagine Trump before social media? That isn't reality. Social media is playing a big role in this whole thing. It is letting us see Trump's sanity fade in real time.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Not gonna happen. Imagine trump as pres before social media.... this hysteria is all meaningless and he'll see out his term. Not to mention everything's blue so nothing can happen unless midterms flip the majority.

Trump would not have been elected before social media.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    rgambs said:

Based off the policy plans put forward thus far, I don't see it. Trump is governing from a perspective that is just as nutty as Pence, and his bombastic style is actually a plus to the huge population of morons in America. Pence doesn't have the charisma to bring out the rubes that voted for Trump. An impeachment would be a huge blow to the entire GOP and a huge boost to the Dems, downticket progress will be certain.
    Trump's policies ARE Pence's policies. Who do you think was in charge of the transition when all these policies were written? It wasn't Trump meeting with Paul Ryan. It was Pence.

Before social media? Ha....So you want us to imagine him saying crazy, untrue shit, to actual reporters on a daily/hourly basis who could call him out on it? Then he would never have been elected president.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

rgambs said:

Trump's policies ARE Pence's policies. Who do you think was in charge of the transition when all these policies were written? It wasn't Trump meeting with Paul Ryan. It was Pence.
    More than likely it was Bannon, Stephen Miller, and Jared Kushner, and not Pence writing all those policies.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If Trump was president anytime during the Cold War he would have already been tried and convicted as a treasonous soviet sympathizer

rgambs said:

More than likely it was Bannon, Stephen Miller, and Jared Kushner, and not Pence writing all those policies.
    Yes, that's my impression too. I think Pence is more a follower than a leader in this band of lunatics.
    I respectfully disagree. Trump is the temporary distraction. I'm keeping my eye on Paul Ryan and Congress over the next four years.
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

LOL
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    my2hands said:

If Trump was president anytime during the Cold War he would have already been tried and convicted as a treasonous soviet sympathizer

If Trump was President during WWII, we would all be driving Japanese and German automobiles today
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    Hypothetical situation---let's say an independent investigation eventually takes place and it is determined that the Trump campaign did do the nefarious things people think they didPence also knew and was complicit in helping the Russians.....
    unsung said:

LOL

A libertarian having no problem with a president "openly defying and brazenly disrespecting" the first amendment is something I find odd...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    If that is grounds for removal then the last 10 Presidents should have been removed.
    unsung said:

LOL

Do you mind clarifying the viewpoint that this post expresses for you? I'm honestly not sure. My first thought when I saw it was, of course, ***FALSE EQUIVALENCY STRIKES AGAIN!*** But just wondering what your own thoughts are about it.
    Just merely pointing out the continued hypocritical attitudes of the left.