*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

cutz said:

Jason P said:

Should have traded for John Wall when his stock was low and DC was butt and try to assemble a team to win today. Choose known quantities instead of future assets.

No.

Wall and Simmons would never have worked out well. Horrible trade yesterday but the team is still set up as well as they've been in the last 30 years for the most part.
    Maybe the trade isn't as bad as we think? Is Nerlens Noel worth the money to be a back-up?
    My problem is that he overvalues Okafor and under appreciated Nerlens.

But I get your point and agree he's not with that much as a backup but that's why I said I would've been okay overpaying him. And they could have always done a sign and trade if need be or moved him at a later date. I just feel like he is a more valuable player than Jah. And you'd be overpaying also for insurance in case Embiid does get hurt again.

WITH THAT SAID....I've always liked Richaun Holmes and am happy to see him get him more minutes. I think he's a better fit with this team than Jah too...
    Yeah, you make sense as far as keeping Noel for insurance. But, Noel gets hurt too. Okafor is a dinosaur in today's game who can't play D. He can score the ball though. 76ers were in a damn if they do, damn if they don't situation. I like Noel more the Okafor also.

I do wonder what the 76ers could've got with a sign & trade with Noel?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    uh oh Embiid going in for another MRI. not good. and to think since Juggler declared him healthy he has played in one game.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    golden state tonight :lol: (hopefully they make it close)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited February 2017
    pjhawks said:

uh oh Embiid going in for another MRI. not good. and to think since Juggler declared him healthy he has played in one game.

Scorching, yet all too predictable take, Mr. Hayes.

However.....and please, let me be clear, I am NOT an anatomist.....but in just looking at my own body right now, it appears as if my right foot is, indeed, NOT, the same thing as my left knee. Pretty sure the same thing can be said of Embiid. The foot's fine. If it wasn't he wouldn't have stepped on the court this year.

In other news, it looks like Dario "HE WILL NEVER COME NEXT YEAR" Saric is a leading contender for ROY now.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    cutz said:

cutz said:

Jason P said:

Should have traded for John Wall when his stock was low and DC was butt and try to assemble a team to win today. Choose known quantities instead of future assets.

No.

Wall and Simmons would never have worked out well. Horrible trade yesterday but the team is still set up as well as they've been in the last 30 years for the most part.
    Maybe the trade isn't as bad as we think? Is Nerlens Noel worth the money to be a back-up?
    My problem is that he overvalues Okafor and under appreciated Nerlens.

But I get your point and agree he's not with that much as a backup but that's why I said I would've been okay overpaying him. And they could have always done a sign and trade if need be or moved him at a later date. I just feel like he is a more valuable player than Jah. And you'd be overpaying also for insurance in case Embiid does get hurt again.

WITH THAT SAID....I've always liked Richaun Holmes and am happy to see him get him more minutes. I think he's a better fit with this team than Jah too...
    Yeah, you make sense as far as keeping Noel for insurance. But, Noel gets hurt too. Okafor is a dinosaur in today's game who can't play D. He can score the ball though. 76ers were in a damn if they do, damn if they don't situation. I like Noel more the Okafor also.

I do wonder what the 76ers could've got with a sign & trade with Noel?
    Dinosaur is right. Never more on display than against a team like Golden State. A minus 15 last night. Ideally, I'd be starting Holmes if I were Brown but you gotta "showcase" him I guess.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    We need a lot of help to crack that top/bottom 3.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

pjhawks said:

However.....and please, let me be clear, I am NOT an anatomist.....but in just looking at my own body right now, it appears as if my right foot is, indeed, NOT, the same thing as my left knee. Pretty sure the same thing can be said of Embiid. The foot's fine. If it wasn't he wouldn't have stepped on the court this year.

In other news, it looks like Dario "HE WILL NEVER COME NEXT YEAR" Saric is a leading contender for ROY now.
    bad back and bad feet lead to other injuries due to over compensating. Not saying for sure that is what happened but only you could declare a guy who is going to play 31 games all season "healthy". how many games would Simmons have to play to be healthy on the Juggler chart?

Holmes - best gig in Philly. the less you play the better the fan base thinks you are.

the Simmons injury is the basketball gods getting back at the Sixers for not trying under Hinkie for 3 years. karma is a bitch.
    edited February 2017
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

bad back and bad feet lead to other injuries due to over compensating. Not saying for sure that is what happened but only you could declare a guy who is going to play 31 games all season "healthy". how many games would Simmons have to play to be healthy on the Juggler chart?

Holmes - best gig in Philly. the less you play the better the fan base thinks you are.

the Simmons injury is the basketball gods getting back at the Sixers for not trying under Hinkie for 3 years. karma is a bitch.
    When you said he would "never be healthy" last year it was in regard to the foot injury that kept him out last two years. The foot is healthy. If it wasn't, he would not have been allowed to step on the court this year.

Karma nonsense/Not knowing much about Holmes/Not thinking Dario would come over/Having some kind of bias against foreign players in general/Overvaluing Okafor------yuck. Just go back to not watching this team like you said you did after Larry Brown left. Your takes are tough to stomach.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited February 2017
    JK_Livin said:

We need a lot of help to crack that top/bottom 3.

http://www.tankathon.com/ -- I check this regularly.

Don't think you need a top 3 pick this year but Kings are only 3 out of the 4th worst record which would give us a 38% chance of cracking top 3.
    chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

When you said he would "never be healthy" last year it was in regard to the foot injury that kept him out last two years. The foot is healthy. If it wasn't, he would not have been allowed to step on the court this year.

Karma nonsense/Not knowing much about Holmes/Not thinking Dario would come over/Having some kind of bias against foreign players in general------yuck. Just go back to not watching this team like you said you did after Larry Brown left. Your takes are tough to stomach.
    umm ok. keep believing 31 games is healthy.

and until this year why would I even attempt to watch a team that didn't give a fuck about winning and has shit on their fans for 4 years? hell even you admitted just a few days ago they were fucking their fan base.
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Karma nonsense/Not knowing much about Holmes/Not thinking Dario would come over/Having some kind of bias against foreign players in general------yuck. Just go back to not watching this team like you said you did after Larry Brown left. Your takes are tough to stomach.

and until this year why would I even attempt to watch a team that didn't give a fuck about winning and has shit on their fans for 4 years? hell even you admitted just a few days ago they were fucking their fan base.
    4 years? You've said you stopped watching after Larry Brown left. Stick to St Joes when it comes to bad basketball teams.
    chinese-happy.jpg

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

4 years? You've said you stopped watching after Larry Brown left. Stick to St Joes when it comes to bad basketball teams.
    I will
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Damn ... out for the season ... at least now you can showcase okafor and hopefully get some value in the summer for him ...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Eddie mush
    edited March 2017
    Is it possible we have the worst medical team? Seems like knee situation was completely fucked up.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    well it was fun for the first half of the season
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    JK_Livin said:

Is it possible we have the worst medical team? Seems like knee situation was completely fucked up.

Jason P said:

JK_Livin said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Jason P said:

JK_Livin said:

which one of them is Juggler? since you know he thinks Embiid is healthy :smiley:
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Jason P said:

JK_Livin said:

which one of them is Juggler? since you know he thinks Embiid is healthy :smiley:
    "so you think an healthy Embiid is worth 15 or so wins? holy shit dude... so really he is worth up to 13-18 wins? ab-so-fucking-lute insanity"
    "embiid will never be healthy. big man with bad feet (and bad attitude apparently) is a really bad combo. two surgeries already. forget anticipating any contribution from him."
    "Also Saric isn't coming until the 2017-2018 season."

--insert smiley face.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2017

pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

Jason P said:

JK_Livin said:

"so you think an healthy Embiid is worth 15 or so wins? holy shit dude... so really he is worth up to 13-18 wins? ab-so-fucking-lute insanity"
    "embiid will never be healthy. big man with bad feet (and bad attitude apparently) is a really bad combo. two surgeries already. forget anticipating any contribution from him."
    "Also Saric isn't coming until the 2017-2018 season."

--insert smiley face.
    so are you still not ready to admit he is not healthy? so 31 games in a season (actually in 3 seasons) is enough to constitute a healthy season. got it. Don't get me wrong, it fucking sucks that I've been correct about Embiid to this point. Maybe some point we will get a full healthy season out of him but it's not a bet i would take.

I'm curious Juggler if 31 games is considered a healthy season by you how few number of games does a player have to play to be considered unhealthy in your book? is it 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 0? please enlighten us with your expertise on the matter so we can clarify moving forward. thank you.

already admitted i was wrong about Saric, as almost every respected NBA pundit was. not sure why you keep bringing that one up but i guess it helps you deflect from your stubborn refusal to admit Embiid is not healthy.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited March 2017
    ^
    Of course he's not healthy at the moment. The point flies over your head on a daily basis. His foot is fine and if he wasn't healthy to being the season he would never have been on the court to begin with. You said to not expect any contribution from him what so ever and that he's not worth even 13 wins. Dead wrong as usual.

I threw in the Saric thing for good measure because it makes me laugh every time I see him on the court when people like you swore up and down he would absolutely not be here now. Damn that Dei Lynam!

Oh by the way, Saric won Rookie of the Month for February.

ha
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2017

^
    Of course he's not healthy at the moment. The point flies over your head on a daily basis. His foot is fine and if he wasn't healthy to being the season he would never have been on the court to begin with. You said to not expect any contribution from him what so ever and that he's not worth even 13 wins. Dead wrong as usual.

I threw in the Saric thing for good measure because it makes me laugh every time I see him on the court when people like you swore up and down he would absolutely not be here now. Damn that Dei Lynam!

ha

People like me? Almost every single person who writes or covers the NBA didn't think Saric was coming until next year because of the financial implications.

why do i bother trying to argue with a guy who thinks playing 31 games in 3 NBA seasons is considered healthy? that's even dumber than thinking Chip Kelly was revolutionizing the NFL.

Congrats to Dario. I'm happy for him.
    edited March 2017
    pjhawks said:

^

ha

People like me? Almost every single person who writes or covers the NBA didn't think Saric was coming until next year because of the financial implications.

why do i bother trying to argue with a guy who thinks playing 31 games in 3 NBA seasons is considered healthy? that's even dumber than thinking Chip Kelly was revolutionizing the NFL.

I've said this before but you really should try to get your news from places other than the Marcus Hayes', Dei Lynam's, John Smallwood's and local cbs affiliates of the world. Deride them all you want but the people who are really plugged into this team and actually paid attention to what he was doing and saying overseas were right and not surprised to see Dario come last year.

You stopped following this team more than 10 years ago. I'm not sure why post in here so much.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited March 2017

pjhawks said:

^

ha

I've said this before but you really should try to get your news from places other than the Marcus Hayes', Dei Lynam's, John Smallwood's and local cbs affiliates of the world. Deride them all you want but the people who are really plugged into this team and actually paid attention to what he was doing and saying overseas were right and not surprised to see Dario come last year.

You stopped following this team more than 10 years ago. I'm not sure why post in here so much.
    because I love that you aren't a doctor in real life but you play one here. Kevin Durant called wants to know if you declare him healthy for the rest of the year as well.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

^

ha

because I love that you aren't a doctor in real life but you play one here. Kevin Durant called wants to know if you declare him healthy for the rest of the year as well.
    Marcus Hayes called. He wants all of his hot takes back.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    DARIO!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Some really good movement on the W's and L's for the Sixers. Lakers have the #2 spot locked. Suns may pass Sixers and Magic. KIngs blew a 22 point lead last night. Just need the T-wolves, NO and NY to pick it up a little.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Dario is just awesome. That half court no look pass to Roco for 3 was great.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer