Brandi Carlile's 'Cover Stories' Featuring Pearl Jam

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,912
edited February 2017 in The Porch
https://pearljam.com/news/pre-order-brandi-carliles-cover-stories-featuring-pearl-jam
Pre-Order Brandi Carlile's 'Cover Stories' Featuring Pearl Jam
News February 21 2017

On May 5, Legacy Recordings will release "Cover Stories: Brandi Carlile Celebrates 10 Years of 'The Story' – An Album to Benefit War Child."

This historic collection features newly recorded cover versions of all fourteen songs from Carlile’s breakthrough album "The Story."

Pearl Jam, Adele, The Avett Brothers, Jim James, Dolly Parton, and Margo Price are among the artists and activists lending their voices to celebrate the album’s 10th anniversary.

"Cover Stories" is being offered in 1CD, 2LP, and digital configurations and is available for pre-order now via:

iTunes: http://smarturl.it/Brandi_CoverStories
Official Artist Pre-order: https://brandicarlile.merchtable.com/pre-orders

All proceeds will benefit War Child UK, an organization dedicated to supporting children affected by conflict. To learn more about the album, its cause, and contributors go to: www.coverstoriesalbum.com
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    Does this mean they've been in the studio?....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    That's awesome! Great album and an awesome cause!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    mfc2006 said:

That's awesome! Great album and an awesome cause!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    https://www.coverstoriesalbum.com/message-from-brandi

A Message From Brandi

Do you remember Sunday school? Goliath was a giant, he was undefeated, menacing and a paralyzing presence in his time. Goliath is our refugee crisis and the apathy it breeds. In particular, this giant is most devastating in that it is destroying the lives of the truly innocent, the hope of the world - children.

To quote Barack Obama – “These children are no less curious, hopeful and worthy of love than our own”. Instinctually, we understand this with such sobering clarity that it paralyzes us, frozen in the realization that Goliath might just be too big.

I am not big, or tall, or rich, or very powerful at all, are you? I close my eyes at the movies and although I’ve dreamed of being a singer my whole life, I’ve never really wanted or achieved monumental fame. I’ve lived in proximity to it for long enough though to know that The Story might be the biggest rock I’ll ever get my hands on and that’s more than enough for me. The Story is our rock, I’ve never had much of an arm though… and this story isn’t about me.

You are David.

Be David.

Join Me, Dolly, Tim, Phil, Dave, Cary Ann, Michael, Kris, Kelly, Chris, Seth, Scott, Jim, Ketch, Chance, Kevin, Critter, Morgan, Cory, Laura, Lydia, Amy, Emily, Mike, Matt, Stone, Jeff, Eddie, Mackenzie, Ruby, Anderson, Miranda, Margo & Adele. They are David.

This one is up to you. We’re giving this thing all we’ve got. Everyone is donating all proceeds to War Child. Charity projects like this don’t come along every day; even the major record label putting this album out is donating their proceeds to War Child. We are going to witness radical cavalry and compassion because we choose to.

Help us make this album a gift to kids and a way forward. Please buy Cover Stories, and if you can’t - tell fifty people about it, volunteer, put your weight into it. I don’t care if you’re right or left handed, wrap your fingers around this thing and launch the son of a bitch right at the evil eye.

Be David.

Thank you,
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    edited February 2017
    Ok - editing because I can't read properly and stated the obvious...this is very cool.
    Post edited by nuzzer1 on
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Yup,I'll be buying.
  • briansimpson737briansimpson737 Posts: 14
    edited February 2017
    PJ and Adele on the same album :) (yes I'm serious!). Shovels & Rope, too. Nice.
    The Adele song is Hiding My Heart. She recorded this back in the 19 era - I think it was a bonus track on some editions of 19. She performed it live a time or two. A couple of versions are on youtube if anyone wants a preview.
    Post edited by briansimpson737 on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,133
    edited February 2017
    Again Today?
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    PJ and Adele on the same album is pretty cool. She blows away the other so called singers shes grouped with.
  • Definitely juiced to have my favorite band covering my second favorite group. If you've never seen Brandi live, give her shows a go - well worth it. I'm a little disappointed that no one is covering Turpentine, but it still looks like this will be a great album and for a good cause.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    SDNick484 said:

Definitely juiced to have my favorite band covering my second favorite group. If you've never seen Brandi live, give her shows a go - well worth it. I'm a little disappointed that no one is covering Turpentine, but it still looks like this will be a great album and for a good cause.

Kris Kristofferson is covering Turpentine.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • my2hands said:

Angry Donald Trump disstrack christmas single incoming!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ and Adele on the same album is pretty cool. She blows away the other so called singers shes grouped with.

Who is she grouped with?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    LOVE The Story and love Brandi. Glad to see PJ part of this project :heart:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    Suziemay said:

LOVE The Story and love Brandi. Glad to see PJ part of this project :heart:

Same here
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Under a month to go! :)
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • JoostoneJoostone Posts: 225
    PJ: Pinkpop 2000, Sydney I/II/III 2003, Adelaide 2003, Arnhem 2006, Antwerp 2006, Berlin 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Berlin 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I/II 2012, Amsterdam I/II 2014, Amsterdam I/II 2018, Pinkpop 2018, Werchter 2018, Pinkpop 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022.
    EV: Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I/III 2017, Amsterdam I 2019
    Brad: Zoetermeer & Utrecht 2013
    Soundgarden: Pinkpop 2012, Amsterdam 2013, Utrecht 2014
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,546
    sounds good
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    The band sounds good - I just don't like the actual song. Anyway, always nice when they do one-offs like this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Good song and I love their interpretation of it! Hoping more new songs follow. :)
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • sonofjeansonofjean Saco, ME Posts: 58
    Received my autographed test pressing this week.  For those wondering, there are 50. 
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    Just got it today.  PJ is great, duh.  And to echo a previous poster, if you haven't seen Brandi live - she's amazing.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    sonofjean said:
    Received my autographed test pressing this week.  For those wondering, there are 50. 
    did you get 1lp or 2lp?
    Only got 1 lp and had an email exchange with Mallory from Merchtable this afternoon.  The track listing is posted on Discogs and the PJ song isn't on the lp.  I pointed out to Mallory that I purchased the test pressing mainly because of the PJ song.  Plus, the PJ website promoted the album.  I asked for a refund and she suggested that I hold off for a few days while they work it out with the Brandi Carlile team.  Clearly a big miss on someone's part.  Not sure how they can somehow magically come up with a complete test pressing at this point.  
    Below is the note I received from Mallory (from Merchtable, after requesting a refund):

Hey Gordon, I'm so sorry about this. The label miscommunication made it seem like the entire album was on one disc. We have since pulled the product and are working with Brandi's team and Sony on a solution. We are working on getting the 2nd disc of these, if you want to hang onto it for a few more days until we get this figured out.