*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Essentially Colangelo got a first and two seconds for Jerami Grant.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Wouldn't be surprised if all this Okafor talk was just to get peoples' eyes away from Noel.

That one hurts a bit, but a way better deal than they would've gotten for Jah at this point.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Noel for bogut

I can see why they did it but I don't think it was a good move.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I know pretty much everyone disagrees, but I think you gotta keep Okafor at this point. I think he stinks, but if you're basically getting nothing for him, let him play and be the main guy the rest of the season and see what happens. You can get pennies for him now or later. Might as well be later at this point.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If they decided they weren't going to sign him then I'm fine with it. Pick is supposed to be unprotected next year.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    That's a great deal for Dallas.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    That's brutal. Fuck Silver for pushing the Colangelos on us.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Yeah, I take back everything I said. I didn't realize 'till after lunch that the protected 1 is pretty much two 2's. Fucking awful. The bright future left by Hink is now eroding due to the dipshit with the big collar.
    The Hinkie was not with Colangelo on this day. Bad trade. I'd rather them make a bad trade with Okafur and overpay Nerlens this summer. Nerlens is more valuable and is a better fit than Jah. This is disappointing.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    edited February 2017

The Hinkie was not with Colangelo on this day. Bad trade. I'd rather them make a bad trade with Okafur and overpay Nerlens this summer. Nerlens is more valuable and is a better fit than Jah. This is disappointing.

O-K-A-F-O-R

not a fan of what they got back either but isn't it great that the Hinkie fans all seem to rip the trade but never mention that Hinkie drafted 3 players that play the same fucking position. Hinkie caused the need for a bad deal. no one was going to give you a good deal when they know you had to trade at least one of them.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    ^
    As long as you got your two stars (which it looks like they did, along with multiple chances for more in the coming years) it really didn't matter if you didn't bat 1.000 in the draft--which, obviously, nobody in the history of sports has ever done). Drafting Jah was really the only move of Hinikie's I've never been a big fan of, but I understood why as he was considered the best player available plus they needed insurance in case Embiid didn't work out.

And as I said earlier, I wouldn't have cared if he made a bad trade for Jah and kept Nerlens. Colangelo just traded the wrong guy. First one of those we've had with this team in a long, long time.

Also---looks like Bogut is one of those Pizza Gate truther dummies:
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/andrew-bogut-pizzagate
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Saw a report that Colangelo turned down a protected first from the Celtics last summer which, of course, would've been way better than what he got yesterday.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Ct scan didn't look good. Simmons out rest of year. Fuck. At least they're being honest about it this time. Fuck.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Ohhh, boy...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172

Ct scan didn't look good. Simmons out rest of year. Fuck. At least they're being honest about it this time. Fuck.

well this isn't good
    But it couldn't have just started to not look good. It had to of been not healing all along so string everyone along until now?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    They should be giving okafor as much run as possible now - showcase him and trade him in the summer. The thing with trading him at the deadline is you are getting pennies on the dollar plus, he's not the type of player that gets traded at the deadline. He's gotta go to a team willing to give up draft picks but he's not good enough to help a contending team. So, really - who's gonna trade for him based on what they've seen. Showcase the guy for the rest of the season and try to get some value for him.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Should have traded for John Wall when his stock was low and DC was butt and try to assemble a team to win today. Choose known quantities instead of future assets.
    Jason P said:

Should have traded for John Wall when his stock was low and DC was butt and try to assemble a team to win today. Choose known quantities instead of future assets.

No.

Wall and Simmons would never have worked out well. Horrible trade yesterday but the team is still set up as well as they've been in the last 30 years for the most part.
    chinese-happy.jpg

Jason P said:

No.

Wall and Simmons would never have worked out well. Horrible trade yesterday but the team is still set up as well as they've been in the last 30 years for the most part.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tSnotGxKBI

Jason P said:

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tSnotGxKBI
    Possibly the greatest comedy of all time
    Possibly? Definitely.

But, yeah, just go after John Wall and win a championship. That's the obvious play here.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    pjhawks said:

well this isn't good
    that fucking sucks.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

Jason P said:

No.

Maybe the trade isn't as bad as we think? Is Nerlens Noel worth the money to be a back-up?
    A great win
    edited February 2017
    cutz said:

Jason P said:

No.

Maybe the trade isn't as bad as we think? Is Nerlens Noel worth the money to be a back-up?
    My problem is that he overvalues Okafor and under appreciated Nerlens.

But I get your point and agree he's not with that much as a backup but that's why I said I would've been okay overpaying him. And they could have always done a sign and trade if need be or moved him at a later date. I just feel like he is a more valuable player than Jah. And you'd be overpaying also for insurance in case Embiid does get hurt again.

WITH THAT SAID....I've always liked Richaun Holmes and am happy to see him get him more minutes. I think he's a better fit with this team than Jah too...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

cutz said:

Jason P said:

No.

But I get your point and agree he's not with that much as a backup but that's why I said I would've been okay overpaying him. And they could have always done a sign and trade if need be or moved him at a later date. I just feel like he is a more valuable player than Jah. And you'd be overpaying also for insurance in case Embiid does get hurt again.

WITH THAT SAID....I've always liked Richaun Holmes and am happy to see him get him more minutes. I think he's a better fit with this team than Jah too...
    I don't even know what the fuck a Holmes is, but that dude was basically Lebron and Jordan combined last night

cutz said:

Jason P said:

No.

I don't even know what the fuck a Holmes is, but that dude was basically Lebron and Jordan combined last night
    Ha

He's a Hinkie 2nd round gem, sporting a 17 per...and he's done nothing but contribute in the limited amount of playing time he's gotten.
    chinese-happy.jpg

cutz said:

Jason P said:

No.

Ha

He's a Hinkie 2nd round gem, sporting a 17 per...and he's done nothing but contribute in the limited amount of playing time he's gotten.
    Nice. Dude wa an absolute beast last night on both ends