"Day Without A Woman" - General Strike - March 8, 2017

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited February 2017 in A Moving Train
There is a call for a general strike on March 8, 2017, a Day Without A Woman.

I will be proudly standing in solidarity with my amazing girlfriend (a fellow 10c member, lucky me!), my mother, and the rest of the women across this imperfect, yet still beautiful country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2017/02/16/womens-march-organizers-plan-day-without-a-woman-strike-next-month/?utm_term=.6fee866865a1
Post edited by my2hands on

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2017
    Leavin' Here - Pearl Jam - Pink Pop 2000

https://youtu.be/_CSl_iJ4DEg
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Me & my wife are down !!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2017
    Because the "day without immigrants" thing was so effective? Some of these protests are getting laughable. Pretty soon no liberal extremists are going to be working at all due to all of the random "protests" every other day. I think these should be more aptly titled "a day without hardcore liberal extremists"...because life will go on as normal for everyone else. Women, men, immigrants, conservatives, sane liberals, everyone... Are you guys going to take a day off AMT or just Wal Mart? I actually supported immigrants on the "day without immigrants" by eating at and spending my money at the local authentic Indian food restaurant.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • OP this would be better off on ACTS.
    edited February 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    So stay the hell home keep on sitting on your hands if it was up to folks like you women like my wife my daughter my mother my sister would have no rights !!!! So yeah stay home be a do nothing human !!!!
    Post edited by josevolution on

OP this would be better off on ACTS.

Wait are you all of a sudden a moderator? Hey Kat or sea how about a red flag on this post ???
    Pearl Jam - Leavin' Here - San Diego 1995

https://youtu.be/JU2SC75ETk4
    PJPOWER said:
    37 whoa that's a whole lot of folks compared to what 600,000 marched yeah ok let's stay home folks !!!!

PJPOWER said:
    So stay the hell home keep on sitting on your hands if it was up to folks like you women like my wife my daughter my mother my sister would have no rights !!!! So yeah stay home be a do nothing human !!!!
    Lol...I will not be staying at home. My wife and I will be going to...wait for it...WORK!!!

PJPOWER said:
    37 whoa that's a whole lot of folks compared to what 600,000 marched yeah ok let's stay home folks !!!!
    Just throwing it out there...employers have rights as well. The right to fire your ass for not coming into work!
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Just throwing it out there...employers have rights as well. The right to fire your ass for not coming into work!
    lol like I said sit on your hands , me & my wife have jobs too and we have something called PTO no problem With our employer to get days off !! So yeah I'll be supporting as many marches I can !!
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    lol like I said sit on your hands , me & my wife have jobs too and we have something called PTO no problem With our employer to get days off !! So yeah I'll be supporting as many marches I can !!
    Muy bueno for you bro. I choose to take my family on vacations with my PTO instead of to these liberal marches that are all but forgotten a week later. To each their own I guess. It is a bit ironic that you and your wife use PTO to march for employee rights, lol.
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Muy bueno for you bro. I choose to take my family on vacations with my PTO instead of to these liberal marches that are all but forgotten a week later. To each their own I guess. It is a bit ironic that you and your wife use PTO to march for employee rights, lol.
    lol yeah I'm marching for my daughter future rights how about you what are you sitting on your hands for who's rights ? , i vacation all the time using my 5weeks vacation time I accrued every yr so no problem getting to these great marches and vacations !!!!
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017

OP this would be better off on ACTS.

Wait are you all of a sudden a moderator? Hey Kat or sea how about a red flag on this post ???
    No.
    It's just that yourself and the OP really are behind this and want to drum up some support.
    ACTS is a perfect spot to bring awareness to this wonderful cause that you are behind.
    This way it wont be subject to AMT bullshit.
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    lol yeah I'm marching for my daughter future rights how about you what are you sitting on your hands for who's rights ? , i vacation all the time using my 5weeks vacation time I accrued every yr so no problem getting to these great marches and vacations !!!!
    I feel that my wife and I are actually very privileged as far as employment rights. Neither of us feel the need to march out of liberal fabricated fear. Let me know when the next march in support of our veterans happens...I'll join that one. You are an immigrant and get 5 weeks paid vacation...remind me again what is unfair about that?
    edited February 2017
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    I feel that my wife and I are actually very privileged as far as employment rights. Neither of us feel the need to march out of liberal fabricated fear. Let me know when the next march in support of our veterans happens...I'll join that one. You are an immigrant and get 5 weeks paid vacation...remind me again what is unfair about that?
    Cool but no you can find out about those marches yourself I'm more worried about her rights then anything else on my horizons, I immigrated here in 1971 from Chile I'm now 56 yrs old I'm a USA citizen along with every single member of my family been working & paying taxes from this employer for the last 23 yrs it's called seniority you start off with 1 weeks vacation and you build up I maxed out at 5 weeks...it's called being a dependable employee that's why I have 5 weeks paid vacation !! America has always been great we don't need a bafoon to make it great again !!!
    One more note none of my immigrant family members have never been arrested or even been in a police car let alone police custody !!!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    For a lot of the guys on here every day is a day without women!! :lol:
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Cool but no you can find out about those marches yourself I'm more worried about her rights then anything else on my horizons, I immigrated here in 1971 from Chile I'm now 56 yrs old I'm a USA citizen along with every single member of my family been working & paying taxes from this employer for the last 23 yrs it's called seniority you start off with 1 weeks vacation and you build up I maxed out at 5 weeks...it's called being a dependable employee that's why I have 5 weeks paid vacation !! America has always been great we don't need a bafoon to make it great again !!!
    One more note none of my immigrant family members have never been arrested or even been in a police car let alone police custody !!!
    Not sure why you felt the need to throw that last part in, but whatever. Sounds like you are responsible and are doing your part to contribute, unlike many illegal aliens.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Not sure why you felt the need to throw that last part in, but whatever. Sounds like you are responsible and are doing your part to contribute, unlike many illegal aliens.
    wow. way to generalize illegal aliens. you should be really proud of yourself.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    I said many...and it's true.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    PJPOWER said:

mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    I know what you said...and it's pretty damn disgusting. But hey, that's my opinion.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited February 2017
    mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    I know what you said...and it's pretty damn disgusting. But hey, that's my opinion.
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose. I'm disgusted by the cost of illegal aliens.
    edited February 2017
    PJPOWER said:

mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion I suppose. I'm disgusted by the cost of illegal aliens.
    Let's get back to the topic of marches , I'm all for immigration reform ! lol you suppose everyone is entitled to have an opinion damn ..
    @Kat, will you be taking off on 3/8???
  • OP
    For those reading this thread can you please explain the full intentions of this parade and what it hopes to accomplish?
    These are pertinent questions for people that are torn between showing up for work or marching.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited February 2017

OP
    For those reading this thread can you please explain the full intentions of this parade and what it hopes to accomplish?
    These are pertinent questions for people that are torn between showing up for work or marching.

Parade?
    Marching?
    Seriously?
    You really have no clue
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • OP

Parade?
    Marching?
    Seriously?
    You really have no clue
    Tell us Bpop
    What reason do you support this one day strike and will you be a part of it?
    I don't have a clue if you will be part of it or not but I am asking you out front.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    PJPOWER said:

mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

mfc2006 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    I know. All those employers paying them off the books, or not submitting the withholdings but putting them in their pocket. shameful.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    If I took a day off for some protest I'd be in trouble. Privilege.