BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Illegal or not, the information is true. By definition, a leak is true.

exactly. the very founding of this country was pushback against power. what is a leak other than pushback?
    If that is the case than why so mad if Trump colluded with Russia to leak the Hillary campaign's emails? Just pushback, you know, the foundation of this country?
    colluding with an adversarial foreign power in the electoral process is a lot different than leaking pertinent info on corruptable power. And in the early stages of this particular administration, its a civic obligation imo.
    Hillary was a corruptable power. The FBI was giving everybody the heads-up. It was just pushback.
    still not the same ballpark. at all. preventing corruptable power so corruptable power can take office? stop insulting my intelligence.

props to the deftness of your PM the other day btw.
    The only thing that has been suggested to be corruptable right now is Flynn post-lie to Pence. I'm not sure how that's worse then the known corruptable power that was Hillary. Not the same ballpark. At all.

In terms of my PM...Yeah. I don't like him but he played it right.
    its emerging that Flynn wasnt the only one of the team. and now we're talking about well before election day. and given his continued deflections in regards to russia's exertion of influence, it suggests to me something involving him directly.
    Actually none of that is emerging.
    True. The Paul Manafort and Roger Stone connection emerged long ago. Another player is emerging and they all are connected by Mr. Trump.
    But seriously BS, you can't really believe that Trump was unaware or disconnected from all of these Russian issues. His own words throughout the campaign and during the first weeks of his presidency make it quite obvious.
    To date there is no evidence of wrongdoing. By anyone. Communications are not a crime. Could something else arise? Certainly but so far there is just nothing.

Let's all remember that when Bush was negotiating with Iran in 2008 Obama sent Ambassador William Miller to meet with Iran and let them know that he will be "friendlier" to them. That meeting pretty much sabotaged Bush and nobody made a peep.

Has anything Trump or his people have done even approached that level of interference? I don't think so.
    Because 26 days into a new administration, you have a high profile resignation that was preceded by two previous high level resignations, a cabinet level nominee withdraw from consideration and 4 national security/law enforcement agencies beginning investigations as well as both republican and democrat members of congress, specifically members of the intelligence committees, and not back bencher amateurs like Tom "I'm a Warrior Hear Me Roar Cotton." Because this is how most newly elected administrations get off the ground. Brilliant!!

A whole lot of nothing? You mean like Hillary's emails? Or did you mean the Clinton Foundation? Or nothing like Comet Pizza?
    Why don't you go back and see how many of Obama's team withdrew and/or had to be pushed out in the early stages. Daschle, Richardson, Gregg, Jones, Zinni...there are others. Did any of those withdrawals represent the collapse of his administration? Do your homework please.
    How many law enforcement or intelligence agencies opened investigations of the Obama administration in the first 26 days?
    How many have opened one now? I haven't seen an actual list. All I have seen is that the FBI has cleared everybody.
    CIA, NSA and Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit. Ongoing investigations and unlike Comey, they're not commenting on ongoing investigations. Comey's actions alone make the FBI suspect but I'll bet there are some rogue agents leaking, as opposed to taking leaks.
    The CIA and NSA don't do investigations...they collect intelligence and they need a court to gather this intelligence when it comes to American citizens. This intelligence can be handed over to investigating agencies under certain circumstances. I haven't seen a report anywhere that the Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit is investigating anything. I think you're making shit up again. You are the Comet Pizza guy.
    Wrong again professor. Americans can become targets if the initial target, a foreigner on foreign soil, Russian Ambassador, is talking to an American, Flynn.

In 2011, the Obama Administration secretly won permission from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to reverse restrictions on the National Security Agency’s use of intercepted phone calls and e-mails, permitting the agency to search deliberately for Americans’ communications in its massive databases. The searches take place under a surveillance program Congress authorized in 2008 under Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Under that law, the target must be a foreigner “reasonably believed” to be outside the United States, and the court must approve the targeting procedures in an order good for one year. But a warrant for each target would thus no longer be required. That means that communications with Americans could be picked up without a court first determining that there is probable cause that the people they were talking to were terrorists, spies or “foreign powers.” The FISC also extended the length of time that the NSA is allowed to retain intercepted U.S. communications from five years to six years with an extension possible for foreign intelligence or counterintelligence purposes. Both measures were done without public debate or any specific authority from Congress.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court

And the intelligence agencies do conduct investigations, What they don't do is file charges. That gets turned over to the FBI. So, who else close to Trump spoke with the Russians? I'm willing to bet they have his sons and son-in-law on tape. I'm also willing to bet there's going to be quid pro quo. What did they discuss? And it was a year before the election. But sure, nothing to see here.

Russian spy ship off the coast of Groton, CT., Russian fighter aircraft buzzing US warships and Russian outreach to Iran and yet nary a peep from Trump. And you don't find any of this concerning? But Hillary's emails! What was that about Comet Pizza?

FOLLOW THE MONEY.
    You clearly didn't watch the press conference today. He addressed all these things.
    Sure he did. Then he has nothing to worry about when he goes on trial in the House of Representatives. Its not just about a phone call that Flynn had with the Russian ambassador.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It is so crazy how he thinks he doesn't come of as a complete idiot at all his press conferences, lol, and keeps doing it. He isn't learning any lessons at all. It's pretty delusional.

This is where it's amazing how two people can watch the same thing and come to a completely different conclusion. I thought it was a masterful performance. And I do mean "performance".
    Why do you think him acting like a bumbling, racist moron is a masterful performance? If you think he is acting like that on purpose to... what? Make everyone make fun of him? - and not even stringing full sentences together for the most part - then I don't even know what to say to you. Trump acts like that because that is who and what he is, not because he's putting on an act in an attempt to.... make everyone think he's a fucking idiot? Or am I completely misinterpreting your post??
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

exactly. the very founding of this country was pushback against power. what is a leak other than pushback?
    If that is the case than why so mad if Trump colluded with Russia to leak the Hillary campaign's emails? Just pushback, you know, the foundation of this country?
    colluding with an adversarial foreign power in the electoral process is a lot different than leaking pertinent info on corruptable power. And in the early stages of this particular administration, its a civic obligation imo.
    Hillary was a corruptable power. The FBI was giving everybody the heads-up. It was just pushback.
    still not the same ballpark. at all. preventing corruptable power so corruptable power can take office? stop insulting my intelligence.

The only thing that has been suggested to be corruptable right now is Flynn post-lie to Pence. I'm not sure how that's worse then the known corruptable power that was Hillary. Not the same ballpark. At all.

its emerging that Flynn wasnt the only one of the team. and now we're talking about well before election day. and given his continued deflections in regards to russia's exertion of influence, it suggests to me something involving him directly.
    True. The Paul Manafort and Roger Stone connection emerged long ago. Another player is emerging and they all are connected by Mr. Trump.
    But seriously BS, you can't really believe that Trump was unaware or disconnected from all of these Russian issues. His own words throughout the campaign and during the first weeks of his presidency make it quite obvious.
    To date there is no evidence of wrongdoing. By anyone. Communications are not a crime. Could something else arise? Certainly but so far there is just nothing.

Let's all remember that when Bush was negotiating with Iran in 2008 Obama sent Ambassador William Miller to meet with Iran and let them know that he will be "friendlier" to them. That meeting pretty much sabotaged Bush and nobody made a peep.

Has anything Trump or his people have done even approached that level of interference? I don't think so.
    Because 26 days into a new administration, you have a high profile resignation that was preceded by two previous high level resignations, a cabinet level nominee withdraw from consideration and 4 national security/law enforcement agencies beginning investigations as well as both republican and democrat members of congress, specifically members of the intelligence committees, and not back bencher amateurs like Tom "I'm a Warrior Hear Me Roar Cotton." Because this is how most newly elected administrations get off the ground. Brilliant!!

A whole lot of nothing? You mean like Hillary's emails? Or did you mean the Clinton Foundation? Or nothing like Comet Pizza?
    Why don't you go back and see how many of Obama's team withdrew and/or had to be pushed out in the early stages. Daschle, Richardson, Gregg, Jones, Zinni...there are others. Did any of those withdrawals represent the collapse of his administration? Do your homework please.
    How many law enforcement or intelligence agencies opened investigations of the Obama administration in the first 26 days?
    How many have opened one now? I haven't seen an actual list. All I have seen is that the FBI has cleared everybody.
    CIA, NSA and Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit. Ongoing investigations and unlike Comey, they're not commenting on ongoing investigations. Comey's actions alone make the FBI suspect but I'll bet there are some rogue agents leaking, as opposed to taking leaks.
    The CIA and NSA don't do investigations...they collect intelligence and they need a court to gather this intelligence when it comes to American citizens. This intelligence can be handed over to investigating agencies under certain circumstances. I haven't seen a report anywhere that the Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit is investigating anything. I think you're making shit up again. You are the Comet Pizza guy.
    Come again?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-fbi-kremlin-probe-20170118-story,amp.html
    Right. So as I said it is/was one investigation with collaboration among an interagency working group. I assume you read the article you posted. The FBI probably is/was spearheading it and from everything we know the FBI has already cleared the players. It's possible the investigation is still ongoing but we don't actually know that. The FBI does investigations of which there is/was one.

Flynn was cleared on the phone call

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515437291/intelligence-official-transcripts-of-flynns-calls-dont-show-criminal-wrongdoing?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

Good luck with the rest of it.

From the article I linked. Telling, no?

FBI Director Comey refused at a recent Senate hearing to comment on whether the bureau was investigating Russia’s hacking campaign for possible criminal prosecutions. Spokespeople for the FBI, the Justice Department and the national intelligence director declined to comment.

The BBC reported that the FBI had obtained a warrant on Oct. 15 from the highly secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court allowing investigators access to bank records and other documents about potential payments and money transfers related to Russia. One of McClatchy’s sources confirmed the report.

Susan Hennessey, a former attorney for the National Security Agency who is now a fellow at the Brookings Institution, said she had no knowledge as to whether a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant had been issued in the investigation of Russian influence. However, she said such warrants were issued only if investigators could establish “probable cause” that the target was a foreign power or its agent and that the surveillance was likely to produce foreign intelligence. She said the information in Steele’s dossier couldn’t have met that test.

“If, in fact, law enforcement has obtained a FISA warrant, that is an indication that additional evidence exists outside of the dossier,” she said.

At the Republican National Convention in Cleveland last July, Trump’s campaign associates successfully changed the Republican Party’s platform to weaken a provision advocating more military support for the Ukrainian government in its fight to defend itself against the Russian-backed incursion in Crimea.

You also denied Treasury's involvement. And a "working group" does not necessarily mean that they are working as one cohesive unit. Rather, they may be working independently but will then pool their info to generate one report. Treasury has the financial piece, NSA has intercepted phone calls/electronic communications, etc., CIA has human intel, etc. Isn't gathering intelligence investigating?

Gotta love BS' spin baby spin.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!
    All of this is why Obama changed the rules and made it easier for the NSA to share information with other intelligence agencies a week before he split. I'm sure intelligence views trump as a threat to the nations security. Well played, Obama.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It is so crazy how he thinks he doesn't come of as a complete idiot at all his press conferences, lol, and keeps doing it. He isn't learning any lessons at all. It's pretty delusional.

This is where it's amazing how two people can watch the same thing and come to a completely different conclusion. I thought it was a masterful performance. And I do mean "performance".
    That's trump being trump, with an even higher level of frustration and stress. Stop acting like he's some wizard. He's a pro-wrestler in a suit.
    Randy "Macho Man" Savage is rolling over in his grave
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    i'm on a plane..wont be able to watch the 80 minute epic press conference that i've been reading so much about for several hours. How does it rate on a scale of 1 to 10?
    1 being Trump acting as sane as Trump can be and 10 be absolute bonkers gotta see this shit.
  • BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

That's trump being trump, with an even higher level of frustration and stress. Stop acting like he's some wizard. He's a pro-wrestler in a suit.
    Except he's a pud and the farthest thing from an athlete there is.

He's Montgomery Burns spliced with Peter Griffin. I know we rarely agree on things, but for gawds sakes... can we agree on this at least?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Wrong again professor. Americans can become targets if the initial target, a foreigner on foreign soil, Russian Ambassador, is talking to an American, Flynn.

In 2011, the Obama Administration secretly won permission from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to reverse restrictions on the National Security Agency’s use of intercepted phone calls and e-mails, permitting the agency to search deliberately for Americans’ communications in its massive databases. The searches take place under a surveillance program Congress authorized in 2008 under Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Under that law, the target must be a foreigner “reasonably believed” to be outside the United States, and the court must approve the targeting procedures in an order good for one year. But a warrant for each target would thus no longer be required. That means that communications with Americans could be picked up without a court first determining that there is probable cause that the people they were talking to were terrorists, spies or “foreign powers.” The FISC also extended the length of time that the NSA is allowed to retain intercepted U.S. communications from five years to six years with an extension possible for foreign intelligence or counterintelligence purposes. Both measures were done without public debate or any specific authority from Congress.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court

And the intelligence agencies do conduct investigations, What they don't do is file charges. That gets turned over to the FBI. So, who else close to Trump spoke with the Russians? I'm willing to bet they have his sons and son-in-law on tape. I'm also willing to bet there's going to be quid pro quo. What did they discuss? And it was a year before the election. But sure, nothing to see here.

Russian spy ship off the coast of Groton, CT., Russian fighter aircraft buzzing US warships and Russian outreach to Iran and yet nary a peep from Trump. And you don't find any of this concerning? But Hillary's emails! What was that about Comet Pizza?

FOLLOW THE MONEY.
    You clearly didn't watch the press conference today. He addressed all these things.
    Sure he did. Then he has nothing to worry about when he goes on trial in the House of Representatives. Its not just about a phone call that Flynn had with the Russian ambassador.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!
    There is no money. Even Kucinich gets what is going on.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/2017/02/kucinich_intelligence_leaks_point_to_possible_trap_set_by_washington_post
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why do you think him acting like a bumbling, racist moron is a masterful performance? If you think he is acting like that on purpose to... what? Make everyone make fun of him? - and not even stringing full sentences together for the most part - then I don't even know what to say to you. Trump acts like that because that is who and what he is, not because he's putting on an act in an attempt to.... make everyone think he's a fucking idiot? Or am I completely misinterpreting your post??
    There was nothing racist about it...that's just ridiculous. Aside from that though you are missing the difference between what I like and what I think works. I don't "like" Trump speaking the way he does but I recognize it's devasting effectiveness. That is the Trump that won the election. He will continue to win this way.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

FOLLOW THE MONEY.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!
    There is no money. Even Kucinich gets what is going on.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/2017/02/kucinich_intelligence_leaks_point_to_possible_trap_set_by_washington_post
    I hope you posted this as a joke. Kucinich is a known tinfoil hatter who has zero credibility outside of the fringe nutters.
  • "Possible." Like extraterrestrials, I guess it's possible. But not likely.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

"Possible." Like extraterrestrials, I guess it's possible. But not likely.

Hmmmmmmm. Seems extremely likely to me! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Backwards. But hey, with the prevailing winds, you'll finally suffer Trump in the form of acid rain. Congratulations.

Brilliantati©

Backwards. But hey, with the prevailing winds, you'll finally suffer Trump in the form of acid rain. Congratulations.
    No way man.
    We are going to build a giant umbrella and you suckers are going to pay for it.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited February 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

At what point in time has Donald Trump been racist?
    What did he say today that would be considered offensive to any race?
    If anyone out here that is of a different race than Donald Trump, I'd be interested to know what offended you.
    Please don't blast me for asking.
    Anyway that's what many of us like, is the bumbling,nonscriped off the cuff talking. He may not be the smoothest speaker, I'll give you that, but he didn't need a teleprompter either.
    When he says the same thing twice which he does all the time, that is a mental pause while he is deciding what to say next.
    Some people just say (huhhh, uhhhhh uuuum)
    then continue.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    <
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

There was nothing racist about it...that's just ridiculous. Aside from that though you are missing the difference between what I like and what I think works. I don't "like" Trump speaking the way he does but I recognize it's devasting effectiveness. That is the Trump that won the election. He will continue to win this way.
    Winning!!

Poll: Trump's approval rating at 39 percent

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/319913-poll-trumps-approval-rating-drops-to-39-percent

Harward says no to national security adviser role

A friend of Harward's said he was reluctant to take the job because the White House seems so chaotic. Harward called the offer a "s*** sandwich," the friend said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/16/politics/harward-says-no-to-national-security-adviser-role/index.html
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    RYME said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

You're wasting your time.
    It was racist. Accept it and move on.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    RYME said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

If anyone out here that is of a different race than Donald Trump, I'd be interested to know what offended you.
    Anyway that's what many of us like, is the bumbling,nonscriped off the cuff talking. He may not be the smoothest speaker, I'll give you that, but he didn't need a teleprompter either.
    When he says the same thing twice which he does all the time, that is a mental pause while he is deciding what to say next.
    then continue.
    We covered trump being a racist months ago in here. Everyone agreed, like we often do, and moved on.
    edited February 2017
    mfc2006 said:

Kat said:

I tried to think of a comment for posting this link but I'm left almost speechless.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-reporter-black-caucus_us_58a5fe71e4b037d17d25f1cb?unbcupe55q93323xr&amp;

yeah, I've got nothing either. just wow.
    What is wrong with this?
    President Trump offered a direct ear to the black caucus.
    This pandemonium is getting weird over every single thing he says. People are going to drive themselves nuts - it's been three weeks people.
    So is it his fault he doesn't know any members? So what?
    Do you two know any members? Are you two in a position to bring the black caucus to the President for a meeting.
    This is insanity.
    There was nothing wrong with the President offering this - he would follow through on the meet.
    The dump trumpsters are spinning and it's painful to watch now.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    edited February 2017

mfc2006 said:

Kat said:

I tried to think of a comment for posting this link but I'm left almost speechless.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-reporter-black-caucus_us_58a5fe71e4b037d17d25f1cb?unbcupe55q93323xr&amp;

What is wrong with this?
    This pandemonium is getting weird over every single thing he says. People are going to drive themselves nuts - it's been three weeks people.
    Do you two know any members? Are you two in a position to bring the black caucus to the President for a meeting.
    This is insanity.
    There was nothing wrong with the President offering this - he would follow through on the meet.
    I think my initial reaction was partially due to the shitty press conference that he had just given. Now that I have had some time to do a little reading & research, my only problem with it is that he should have already set up that meeting, whether he knows someone in that caucus or not is beside the point. What makes him think that she knew someone? I can definitely see why it would ruffle some feathers, though.

And, for the record....
    Thanks for referring to me as a dumpster. I truly appreciate that.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited February 2017

RYME said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

then continue.
    We covered trump being a racist months ago in here. Everyone agreed, like we often do, and moved on.
    How about you actually give him a real response. You may not agree, but his question was about today. The accountability to supporting statements goes both ways.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

Kat said:

What is wrong with this?
    This is insanity.
    I think my initial reaction was partially due to the shitty press conference that he had just given. Now that I have had some time to do a little reading & research, my only problem with it is that he should have already set up that meeting, whether he knows someone in that caucus or not is beside the point. What makes him think that she knew someone? I can definitely see why it would ruffle some feathers, though.

And, for the record....
    Thanks for referring to me as a dumpster. I truly appreciate that
    What?
    Are you not an anything but Trump guy? they had a name during the campaign - dump trump
    They refused to hear anything that came out of his mouth it was surreal.
    so I didn't refer to you as a dumpster :lol:
    edited February 2017

mfc2006 said:

mfc2006 said:

Kat said:

What is wrong with this?
    This is insanity.

And, for the record....
    Thanks for referring to me as a dumpster. I truly appreciate that
    What?
    Are you not an anything but Trump guy? they had a name during the campaign - dump trump
    so I didn't refer to you as a dumpster :lol:
    Let me remind you who I am....
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/262913/yo#latest

Remember that? I didn't start coming to this sub-forum until just after the election was over.

If memory serves, we didn't get along then & we probably won't now.

The bottom line is arguing with you isn't worth my time.

And....here's the "edit"....

I've listened to pretty much everything that has come out of his mouth. Why, you ask? I want to be informed. It is my belief that he is not fit to be president. Not only is he unfit, he's a disgrace to our country. Like I said in the thread referenced above, that is my opinion & I am entitled to it. I am not here to troll anyone, unlike some people.

Are you not an anything but Trump guy?
    No, I am not. I did my homework prior to voting & it was clear as fucking day that I would not vote for him. But, I did my homework. I gave him as much of a shot as anyone else.

Sure, some people did. I did not. I listened to pretty much everything he had to say & disagreed with most (if not all) of it, but I still listened.

so I didn't refer to you as a dumpster.
    Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe I just assumed that you were using the same snarky tone with me that you did in the thread referenced above. If I was wrong, I apologize.

Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited February 2017
    ^^^
    My point stands. I did not refer to you as a dumpster.
    That is false.
    I'm done too.

^^^
    My point stands. I did not refer to you as a dumpster.
    That is false.
    I'm done too.

Fantastic...and if you read my edited comments (where I left all original text in place), you will see that I addressed that.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    tbergs said:

RYME said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

then continue.
    How about you actually give him a real response. You may not agree, but his question was about today. The accountability to supporting statements goes both ways.
    I think his question covered any time. Here goes: trump denies renting to minorities in the past. Said he doesn't want blacks handing his money, and that laziness is a trait in blacks. Built a presidential platform based on prejudice of Mexicans and Muslims. But I'm sure that now he's hired Frederick Douglass as an advisor, things will improve.
  • The congressional black caucus sent Trump a letter requesting a meeting 3 weeks ago. They never received a response. A "well run," "brilliant," or "astute" management team would have spoken to Trump about it and replied in kind. A true leader would have scheduled a meeting and listened to their concerns. A racist? Not so much.

Brilliantati©
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Im concerned only cookoo's and cronies will be willing to work for this administration for 4 years

I do not feel like we have America's best and brightest running things right now
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Speaking of dumpsters.....let's light it up.

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904

RYME said:

PJ_Soul said:

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

then continue.
    Alright I'm a relatively new poster, I've got like 200 posts, compared to most of you who have thousands. Maby I've posted 200 to many and should probably stay out of this place, probably not welcome here..
    So, but I missed it, I have a really good ear and am as anti racist as you can be. At what point has the Donald Trump been racist? What race of people can't stand him? Tell me who they are?
    (You had this discussion months ago & you
    ALL agree.)
    No snark here, just respectfully curious.

This discussion has been closed.