Recent Wave of Immigrant Arrests - What Does it Mean?

Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

when you guy's get shut down I've noticed you have a habit of making personal attacks, I'll ask the you keep in mind that I am a sensitive and kind person who my feel emotional pain when attacked at a personal level..........LOL !!!!!

Was there anything personal?

I thought the recent string of comments referred to the ignorance of a couple religions and how they both shared cult-like qualities?
    I just read back. Nothing personal that I can see, beyond the GF Spellchecker. But we need to take into account the special sensitivities of some people.
    he makes just as many jokes about his own spelling as everyone else, so I figured that was fair game.
    LOL !!!! got ya !
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

when you guy's get shut down I've noticed you have a habit of making personal attacks, I'll ask the you keep in mind that I am a sensitive and kind person who my feel emotional pain when attacked at a personal level..........LOL !!!!!

Was there anything personal?

I thought the recent string of comments referred to the ignorance of a couple religions and how they both shared cult-like qualities?
    I just read back. Nothing personal that I can see, beyond the GF Spellchecker. But we need to take into account the special sensitivities of some people.
    he makes just as many jokes about his own spelling as everyone else, so I figured that was fair game.
    LOL !!!! got ya !
    got me?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Can't believe you muslam lovers insist on responding to gf. :dizzy:

inadvertently you just did.....did I spell that right ? nothing to lose your head over LOL !!!!!

PP193448 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

At what point have we met our moral obligation to help poor people?

Maybe when there is no more poverty , otherwise I'd say we can't stop ever !
    We can't empty the boat when water keeps flowing in.

unsung said:

unsung said:

Right now, for most situations, birth means everything.

Some babies, like us and ours, are born into pleasant circumstances. Others are born into poor circumstances. When we recognize our good fortunes and acknowledge those with misfortunes... we likely won't be so abject to assisting others.

Hoarding massive amounts of wealth earned as a lucky baby on the backs of others is fundamentally wrong in my opinion. We need a more equitable model for wealth distribution that still respects a baby's lottery win- being born to wealth- but allows for babies born unto poor circumstances the opportunity to crawl out of the gutter.
    Well said, Thirty.

Some societies do a much better job than others of making things more equitable, at least for those within their society. Not all societies share the "claw myself to the top" mentality of the USA.

Don't forget you're also a citizen of the world, not just a citizen of the USA.
    Screw that globalist BS. It isn't my burden to save the world when my own country is the one that always picks up the slack. Sorry, hard to equate anything with this coming from a Canadian. My buddy got stopped at the border on his way to a fishing trip because of a DUI a few years prior. Don't lecture me on immigration.
    yep, you're undeserving unless you were born within the confines of that magical line that does't exist in reality!
    Sorry bud, I believe in property rights. Or do you leave your front door open each night?
    well, I guess I could respond to that if I believed equating immigrants with criminals made a lick of sense.
    ????? really ?

comprehension problem?
    no, just total amazement at your lack of understanding of the real world, this country and all others have fought and maintained borders
    from the beginning even the native Americans (or so they're called) fought for and killed each other for hunting grounds and living areas
    and it was always a matter of survival...to maintain a peoples security, your free love, hippy way of thinking is what wiped-out some of the non aggressive tribes and cultures but I'm sure you don't believe that right ?
    even the hippy generation grew up and understood the means of survival, you really should put that fad away and think in terms of survival yourself...just say'n..

I live in the real world. you live in a world of deluded fear that you have bought from fox news and other right wing sources, coupled with your own experiences that have clouded your judgment into thinking all your countries' woes are the work of immigrants and other people you think wish to do you harm.

your country's economy is partially built around the powers that be maintaining that fear of its people.

no one is saying just let anyone walk anywhere on earth as they please. I NEVER, EVER SAID THAT. But closing the door on people in need goes against what your country (and mine) was founded on. how ironic, since that's all the second ammendment folks blather on about, "our founding fathers/principles" when it comes to gun rights, but forget the "bring us your tired...." when it doesn't suit them.
    you say ' in need ' these terrorist who have shot up a gay bar or a business party etc. were they granted access because they were in need ?
    I 'll bet the back ground checks where I work is more in depth than a citizenship back ground check...which is what the whole temporary ban is about it wasn't intended to be permanent only to by some time to create a better process of vetting immigrants wanting to come here...why was that a problem ? just about every president before Trump did the same thing, shit Obama did it and every democrat in the country kissed his ass.
    You are referring to the shooting in Florida in 2016 correct?
    You do realize that the guy who shot up the bar in Orlando was born in New York right?

So basing this particular incident as an example of how Trump's ban would have helped prevent this incident is completely incorrect.
    I mean you are informed with correct information when forming your opinions aren't you?
    what a shame.....what does that tell you ? maybe muslim cultures don't belong here ? that maybe all the stories and facts about muslim belief of all who don't believe in alha must die and women are to be used as sexual objects and servants for the male warriors of islam..
    but I'm sure you don't believe any of that do you ?

Sure, I believe that some Muslim men believe that woman are to be used as sexual objects and servants for men of Islam, just like I believe that some Christian men believe that woman are to be used as sexual objects. Just like I believe that some Jewish men believe that women are to be used as sexual objects. Just like I believe that some atheist men believe that women are to be used as sexual objects. The common factor there is men, not Islam.
    always seems to be countered with "Christians" this or Christians that but to be honest about it, Christians are not the ones in question and you really believe that the Christian faith is anywhere near as barbaric as the muslims then you're just making excuses' for a culture that hates you and your infidel ways, if you were to travel to a muslim country and offered them peace and understanding I'd bet you wouldn't make it longer than a few days before your head was chopped off....I hope it's a bet you would not consider, I just can't understand why people like you keep standing up a for cult that thrives on death and devastation of any country it enters.
    How about the cult of pedophila like Christianity?

The rate of little boys abused by priests is greater than the rate of idiot Muslims killing people in th name of Allah.

Don't get me wrong... I think Islam is not as beautiful as people like to make it out to be. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of your words. You shouldn't throw stones when you live in glass houses. Christianity might not lop heads off or stone women to death... but it reeks of ignorance just the same.
    Catholic priests who molest children should be in jail, not protected and covered up by the church. This was/is a problem and is actually being addressed. I'm Catholic and had to go thru FBI and child abuse background checks as well as take child molestation prevention classes just to volunteer at my son's school. It would be better to compare the pedophilia of the Catholic Church to the abuse and treatment of women by the Muslim faith. To compare it to decapitation of Christians by radical Islam extremists is just ignorant. Think you're better than that Thirty...
    I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of criticizing another religion when your own religion isn't fantastic either.
    if that's all you have Brother...run with it, everybody else does.

thank you all for the wonderful entertainment, as far as muslam being a religion of peace and understanding......non of you have a leg to stand on and your reply's just proved my point and yet all you can do is bring up Christianity and Catholic Priest'...a sure sign you've hit a wall with your pro argument for muslam .

you are completely missing the point. the point is this:

you simply cannot take one very fringe portion of a religion and envelope that entire religion with that incredibly small fringe.

which is why your comment about going to a muslim country and getting your head chopped off is so ludicrous. as ludicrous as saying "don't go to vatican city or your son is sure to get raped by a priest". it simply is not the case. are the problems in all religions, not just all religions, in all groups in society? of course. we are merely pointing out that your view that islam is out to destroy the west's way of life is pure lunacy.

it's all simple math: (I googled "how many muslim extremists are there in the world?")

https://www.quora.com/How-many-extremist-Muslims-are-there-when-compared-with-the-wider-and-world-wide-Muslim-population

As mentioned already, it depends on how one defines "extremism." Assuming the news definition and common usage, CNN has a good article listing the numbers of various "Islamic" terrorist organizations (there's a whole other discussion on how the question is wrong since Islam doesn't teach unwarranted violence, but that's another question entirely). The article estimates around 106,000 individuals are members or identify with these organizations. That's a pretty high number, but let's do some high-level number crunching so we can get a better idea of how big that is.

A recent Pew Research Study places the number of Muslims worldwide to be around 1.6 billion (or 23% of the world's population). So doing some basic math, we get that about .006625% of the Muslim population are "extremist".
    care to comment on this one, GF?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

thank you all for the wonderful entertainment, as far as muslam being a religion of peace and understanding......non of you have a leg to stand on and your reply's just proved my point and yet all you can do is bring up Christianity and Catholic Priest'...a sure sign you've hit a wall with your pro argument for muslam .

you simply cannot take one very fringe portion of a religion and envelope that entire religion with that incredibly small fringe.

which is why your comment about going to a muslim country and getting your head chopped off is so ludicrous. as ludicrous as saying "don't go to vatican city or your son is sure to get raped by a priest". it simply is not the case. are the problems in all religions, not just all religions, in all groups in society? of course. we are merely pointing out that your view that islam is out to destroy the west's way of life is pure lunacy.

it's all simple math: (I googled "how many muslim extremists are there in the world?")

https://www.quora.com/How-many-extremist-Muslims-are-there-when-compared-with-the-wider-and-world-wide-Muslim-population

As mentioned already, it depends on how one defines "extremism." Assuming the news definition and common usage, CNN has a good article listing the numbers of various "Islamic" terrorist organizations (there's a whole other discussion on how the question is wrong since Islam doesn't teach unwarranted violence, but that's another question entirely). The article estimates around 106,000 individuals are members or identify with these organizations. That's a pretty high number, but let's do some high-level number crunching so we can get a better idea of how big that is.

A recent Pew Research Study places the number of Muslims worldwide to be around 1.6 billion (or 23% of the world's population). So doing some basic math, we get that about .006625% of the Muslim population are "extremist".
    I doubt he will. He wouldn't respond to my question regarding his somewhat Anti-Muslim statement when I asked him how that was ok.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PP193448 said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Maybe when there is no more poverty , otherwise I'd say we can't stop ever !
    We can't empty the boat when water keeps flowing in.

unsung said:

unsung said:

Right now, for most situations, birth means everything.

Some babies, like us and ours, are born into pleasant circumstances. Others are born into poor circumstances. When we recognize our good fortunes and acknowledge those with misfortunes... we likely won't be so abject to assisting others.

Hoarding massive amounts of wealth earned as a lucky baby on the backs of others is fundamentally wrong in my opinion. We need a more equitable model for wealth distribution that still respects a baby's lottery win- being born to wealth- but allows for babies born unto poor circumstances the opportunity to crawl out of the gutter.
    Well said, Thirty.

Some societies do a much better job than others of making things more equitable, at least for those within their society. Not all societies share the "claw myself to the top" mentality of the USA.

Don't forget you're also a citizen of the world, not just a citizen of the USA.
    Screw that globalist BS. It isn't my burden to save the world when my own country is the one that always picks up the slack. Sorry, hard to equate anything with this coming from a Canadian. My buddy got stopped at the border on his way to a fishing trip because of a DUI a few years prior. Don't lecture me on immigration.
    yep, you're undeserving unless you were born within the confines of that magical line that does't exist in reality!
    Sorry bud, I believe in property rights. Or do you leave your front door open each night?
    well, I guess I could respond to that if I believed equating immigrants with criminals made a lick of sense.
    ????? really ?

comprehension problem?
    no, just total amazement at your lack of understanding of the real world, this country and all others have fought and maintained borders
    from the beginning even the native Americans (or so they're called) fought for and killed each other for hunting grounds and living areas
    and it was always a matter of survival...to maintain a peoples security, your free love, hippy way of thinking is what wiped-out some of the non aggressive tribes and cultures but I'm sure you don't believe that right ?
    even the hippy generation grew up and understood the means of survival, you really should put that fad away and think in terms of survival yourself...just say'n..

I live in the real world. you live in a world of deluded fear that you have bought from fox news and other right wing sources, coupled with your own experiences that have clouded your judgment into thinking all your countries' woes are the work of immigrants and other people you think wish to do you harm.

your country's economy is partially built around the powers that be maintaining that fear of its people.

no one is saying just let anyone walk anywhere on earth as they please. I NEVER, EVER SAID THAT. But closing the door on people in need goes against what your country (and mine) was founded on. how ironic, since that's all the second ammendment folks blather on about, "our founding fathers/principles" when it comes to gun rights, but forget the "bring us your tired...." when it doesn't suit them.
    you say ' in need ' these terrorist who have shot up a gay bar or a business party etc. were they granted access because they were in need ?
    I 'll bet the back ground checks where I work is more in depth than a citizenship back ground check...which is what the whole temporary ban is about it wasn't intended to be permanent only to by some time to create a better process of vetting immigrants wanting to come here...why was that a problem ? just about every president before Trump did the same thing, shit Obama did it and every democrat in the country kissed his ass.
    You are referring to the shooting in Florida in 2016 correct?
    You do realize that the guy who shot up the bar in Orlando was born in New York right?

So basing this particular incident as an example of how Trump's ban would have helped prevent this incident is completely incorrect.
    I mean you are informed with correct information when forming your opinions aren't you?
    what a shame.....what does that tell you ? maybe muslim cultures don't belong here ? that maybe all the stories and facts about muslim belief of all who don't believe in alha must die and women are to be used as sexual objects and servants for the male warriors of islam..
    but I'm sure you don't believe any of that do you ?

Sure, I believe that some Muslim men believe that woman are to be used as sexual objects and servants for men of Islam, just like I believe that some Christian men believe that woman are to be used as sexual objects. Just like I believe that some Jewish men believe that women are to be used as sexual objects. Just like I believe that some atheist men believe that women are to be used as sexual objects. The common factor there is men, not Islam.
    always seems to be countered with "Christians" this or Christians that but to be honest about it, Christians are not the ones in question and you really believe that the Christian faith is anywhere near as barbaric as the muslims then you're just making excuses' for a culture that hates you and your infidel ways, if you were to travel to a muslim country and offered them peace and understanding I'd bet you wouldn't make it longer than a few days before your head was chopped off....I hope it's a bet you would not consider, I just can't understand why people like you keep standing up a for cult that thrives on death and devastation of any country it enters.
    How about the cult of pedophila like Christianity?

The rate of little boys abused by priests is greater than the rate of idiot Muslims killing people in th name of Allah.

Don't get me wrong... I think Islam is not as beautiful as people like to make it out to be. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of your words. You shouldn't throw stones when you live in glass houses. Christianity might not lop heads off or stone women to death... but it reeks of ignorance just the same.
    Catholic priests who molest children should be in jail, not protected and covered up by the church. This was/is a problem and is actually being addressed. I'm Catholic and had to go thru FBI and child abuse background checks as well as take child molestation prevention classes just to volunteer at my son's school. It would be better to compare the pedophilia of the Catholic Church to the abuse and treatment of women by the Muslim faith. To compare it to decapitation of Christians by radical Islam extremists is just ignorant. Think you're better than that Thirty...
    I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of criticizing another religion when your own religion isn't fantastic either.
    if that's all you have Brother...run with it, everybody else does.
    It's enough, man. I'll consider this post as surrender.

By the way... I know what you were doing with that goat comment ya sly bugger.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    saw this somewhere and I like it... don't blame Mexicans because lazy white people that don't value education cant find a decent job

Roses are Red,
    Tacos are Enjoyable,
    Don't blame a Mexican,
    Just because you're Unemployable
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    my2hands said:

saw this somewhere and I like it... don't blame Mexicans because lazy white people that don't value education cant find a decent job

Roses are Red,
    Tacos are Enjoyable,
    Don't blame a Mexican,
    Just because you're Unemployable

:bow:
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    edited February 2017
    Reuters article: Mexican 'DREAMer' Nabbed in Immigrant Crackdown

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN15T307

(My take on the article) Daniel Ramirez Medina was allowed to work in the U.S. under DACA. He was arrested when ICE went to his dad's house for his dad and arrested him as well. He self admitted to gang affiliation under questioning, but he would not be a priority deportation because he was never convicted of a crime. His lawyers said his self admission was under duress.

I don't think he should be deported based on flimsy evidence. Also, I think DREAMers who do not have a criminal record should be given the opportunity to work here especially those who were given the opportunity under Obama. I would like DACA to continue.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Buh bye Daniel.

to be honest ...your using numbers like it matters, did your source count heads (no pun intended) and knew who were radical and who would radicalize, do your numbers matter to the journalist who had his head cut of while begging and gurgling through his own blood when they sliced his throat, think it matters to his family ? or the women in Germany and France who were rapped by the muslim immigrant's there ?
    you guy's use numbers like you're trying minimalize the atrocities these freaks commit, if the news and local media has shown us anything at all it's that we don't know which muslims we can trust, as someone was kind enough to point out the gay killer in Florida was born in NY ...well there ya go, I'm sure his family is proud of him. so anyway to me your numbers don't mean anything.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587

to be honest ...your using numbers like it matters, did your source count heads (no pun intended) and knew who were radical and who would radicalize, do your numbers matter to the journalist who had his head cut of while begging and gurgling through his own blood when they sliced his throat, think it matters to his family ? or the women in Germany and France who were rapped by the muslim immigrant's there ?
    you guy's use numbers like you're trying minimalize the atrocities these freaks commit, if the news and local media has shown us anything at all it's that we don't know which muslims we can trust, as someone was kind enough to point out the gay killer in Florida was born in NY ...well there ya go, I'm sure his family is proud of him. so anyway to me your numbers don't mean anything.

trust a trump supporter when they say facts don't mean anything.
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929

Godfather, including 9/11, roughly 3,000 Americans have lost their lives at the hands of terrorists between 2001 and 2014 (https://www.start.umd.edu/pubs/START_AmericanTerrorismDeaths_FactSheet_Oct2015.pdf) - about 230 people a year. Compare that to 12,000 gun-induced homicides which take place each year (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-deaths/). Between 2001 and 2014, over half a million people died at the hands of a motor vehicle in America (https://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx) - over 29,000 in 2014 alone.

You've come on here claiming your priorities are the safety of Americans, and the proper spending of government funds, but see below:

Multiples of terrorist-related fatalities annually:

Terrorist-related fatalities - 230/yr - 1x
    Gun-induced homicides - 12,000/yr - 52x
    Motor vehicle fatalities - 29,000/yr - 126x

Can Trump swear a vendetta against terrorists, and do they introduce risk to American life? Yes, of course they do! But the massive difference in impact between terrorism and motor vehicle safety certainly tells a story about which topic should be making headlines right now.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1

numbers don't matter? so the entire argument for pro-gun folks is that folks who want more regulation on guns is that we are focusing on the irresponsible gun owners, that the majority of gun owners are responsible, don't punish the responsible ones for the minor few irresponsible ones. numbers matter in this instance.

but when it comes to human beings, numbers all of a sudden don't matter. you are arguing FOR punishing the entire group because of the sins of the incredibly few.

you use opposite logic dependent on your personal biases. you don't see that?

using numbers is no way minimizes the atrocities commited. it minimizes that amount of atrocities comitted per person in that group. understand the difference.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

not to mention this fact:
    NOT ONE.
    NOT ONE.
    NOT ONE TERRORIST ATTACK HAS HAPPENED ON US SOIL AS A RESULT OF A REFUGEE.

NOT.
    FREAKING.
    ONE.

"but we gotta keep them all out!!!"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited February 2017
    Today is

#ADayWithoutImmigrants

(CNN video) http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/02/16/a-day-without-immigrants-rallies-tom-foreman-the-lead.cnn/video/playlists/cant-miss/

Some restaurants closed or covered for the staff that went on strike. Over seven million immigrants work in the food industry, and that is half of all food industry workers. Marches are a great way for people to feel engaged and to feel that they belong.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    The following is a New York Times article about Sanctuary Cities and ways some Sanctuary Cities are adding polices to remove small crimes that could be used to put immigrants in the criminal system.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/opinion/sanctuary-cities-in-name-only.html?smid=tw-share&referer=https://t.co/S9GYX8vS4Z
  • Ms. Haiku said:

Today is

#ADayWithoutImmigrants

(CNN video) http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2017/02/16/a-day-without-immigrants-rallies-tom-foreman-the-lead.cnn/video/playlists/cant-miss/

Some restaurants closed or covered for the staff that went on strike. Over seven million immigrants work in the food industry, and that is half of all food industry workers. Marches are a great way for people to feel engaged and to feel that they belong.

What part of illegal immigrants do people not understand? Were you as concerned when the previous administration removed an average of 312,500 illegal immigrants during their term? That is 2.5 million over 8 years.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587

Ms. Haiku said:

Today is

#ADayWithoutImmigrants

What part of illegal immigrants do people not understand? Were you as concerned when the previous administration removed an average of 312,500 illegal immigrants during their term? That is 2.5 million over 8 years.
    What part of immigrants contains the word illegal?

NOT ONE.
    NOT ONE.

NOT.
    FREAKING.
    ONE.

boston bombing ? San Bernardino ? ........oh wait ! they were born here and radicalized right ?
    A nasty infestation that needs to be removed.

edited February 2017

Ms. Haiku said:

Today is

#ADayWithoutImmigrants

What has to be understood is how unauthorized immigrants make the headlines, but my original question reflects the anxiety legal immigrants may feel with stricter immigration laws.

Migration Policy Institute article

The U.S. immigrant population stood at more than 42.4 million, or 13.3 percent, of the total U.S. population of 318.9 million in 2014, according to ACS data. Between 2013 and 2014, the foreign-born population increased by 1 million, or 2.5 percent.

I see the march as immigrants giving a voice to any disrespect that they are shown as highlighted in the video.

I definitely wasn't as aware the last 8 years, but I'm becoming more aware day by day. It's never a stretch for me to think about it as my grandparents were immigrants.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    This administration is running like a fine tuned machine lol he inherited a mess this country is a mess Obama left him a mess , the population has stopped believing news outlets he stated !!!
    If you can't see that he's a total nut case living in his own reality show!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

This administration is running like a fine tuned machine lol he inherited a mess this country is a mess Obama left him a mess , the population has stopped believing news outlets he stated !!!
    If you can't see that he's a total nut case living in his own reality show!!!

poor Jose....do you need a hug ?

NOT ONE.
    NOT ONE.

NOT.
    FREAKING.
    ONE.

boston bombing ? San Bernardino ? ........oh wait ! they were born here and radicalized right ?

wow.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    TRUMP ADMINISTRATION CONSIDERS MOBILISING AS MANY AS 100,000 NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS TO ROUND UP UNAUTHORISED IMMIGRANTS.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_APNEWSALERT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-02-17-10-11-22

NOT ONE.
    NOT ONE.

NOT.
    FREAKING.
    ONE.

I cannot for the life of me understand how someone can refer to a group of people as a "nasty infestion" that "needs to be removed" and still not admit to their racism.

it is just a fucking disgusting thing to say. And I know that the right are getting tired of the Hitler comparison, but that definitely falls under the category of something he would have said.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

NOT ONE.
    NOT ONE.

NOT.
    FREAKING.
    ONE.

I cannot for the life of me understand how someone can refer to a group of people as a "nasty infestion" that "needs to be removed" and still not admit to their racism.

it is just a fucking disgusting thing to say. And I know that the right are getting tired of the Hitler comparison, but that definitely falls under the category of something he would have said.
    I don't think GF has mirrors in his house. I think that explains it. :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    edited February 2017
    dignin said:

TRUMP ADMINISTRATION CONSIDERS MOBILISING AS MANY AS 100,000 NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS TO ROUND UP UNAUTHORISED IMMIGRANTS.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_APNEWSALERT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-02-17-10-11-22

YESSSSS !!!!!!!!!!

he's doing what he said he would do.....most presidents don't make good on campaign promises.

Post edited by Godfather. on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    says the fearful racist