Options

Limited Edition Screen Printed Art Print "Waiting on a Friend" by Brian Methe 2017

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,743
https://www.etsy.com/listing/512465831/limited-edition-screen-printed-art-print?ref=shop_home_active_1

This is a limited edition three-color screen printed art print entitled "Waiting on a Friend". A friend of mine asked me to draw this image of Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam sharing a libation with the Godfather of Grunge, Neil Young. I liked how the drawing turned out and decided to turn it into a limited edition print.

The image was drawn by hand and screen printed, three-colors with a split fountain layer and a transparent layer.

The print measures 16X20 and is signed and numbered by the artist in an AP run of 30.

Prints will begin shipping next week and will be rolled in craft paper inside a sturdy tube.

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I dont want to be that guy... but how is this different than the guy wanting to sell custom cornhole sets?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

I dont want to be that guy... but how is this different than the guy wanting to sell custom cornhole sets?

If I'm the photographer of above picture, I wouldn't be too thrilled.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380

If I'm the photographer of above picture, I wouldn't be too thrilled.
    same here
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    edited February 2017
    Why is this guys art allowed to be promoted for sale on the boards? Something special about him? And it isn't the first time either because he did the Eddie for President prints too if im not mistaken.
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,599

Why is this guys art allowed to be promoted for sale on the boards? Something special about him?

The boards promote alot of art. I do t think it's a big deal. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:

Why is this guys art allowed to be promoted for sale on the boards? Something special about him?

The boards promote alot of art. I do t think it's a big deal. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
    I do like it. Im just curious why people like the cornhole guy got their threads closed but this sale is promoted?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

This photo makes the picture kinda cheap.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I remember my first beer....
  • Options

I remember my first beer....

I do too. It was an Oland's Export Ale. One of the best Canadian brewed beers.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    I can't believe these are still available! Such a great poster and only 30 s/n APs made!
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346

kramer73 said:

I do like it. Im just curious why people like the cornhole guy got their threads closed but this sale is promoted?
    Pearl Jam related?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    demetrios said:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/512465831/limited-edition-screen-printed-art-print?ref=shop_home_active_1

This is a limited edition three-color screen printed art print entitled "Waiting on a Friend". A friend of mine asked me to draw this image of Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam sharing a libation with the Godfather of Grunge, Neil Young. I liked how the drawing turned out and decided to turn it into a limited edition print.

The image was drawn by hand and screen printed, three-colors with a split fountain layer and a transparent layer.

The print measures 16X20 and is signed and numbered by the artist in an AP run of 30.

Prints will begin shipping next week and will be rolled in craft paper inside a sturdy tube.

Can we not share this on the pit?
    slh
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Wouldnt buy it.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited February 2017
    Is it just me or does Neil's hand look really bad drawn. Sticks out bad to me. Wonder if he can't draw hands and that's why he hid Eddie's hand behind Neil's bottle. Or maybe its supposed to look like that... I'm no artist.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Is it just me or does Neil's hand look really bad drawn. Sticks out bad to me. Wonder if he can't draw hands and that's why he hid Eddie's hand behind Neil's bottle. Or maybe ts supposed to look like that... I'm no artist.

It's a badly drawn hand.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    shecky said:

I can't believe these are still available! Such a great poster and only 30 s/n APs made!

I only collect official merch. Fan made stuff doesn't really interest me even if it looks good.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,507
    Why any bootleg/unauthorized crap is allowed to be promoted here is strange. Methe knows he's skirting copyright but doesn't seem to care.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

Why any bootleg/unauthorized crap is allowed to be promoted here is strange. Methe knows he's skirting copyright but doesn't seem to care.

It makes no sense. Has he ever done an official print? Or how did his stuff become popular?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    edited February 2017

100 Pacer said:

It makes no sense. Has he ever done an official print? Or how did his stuff become popular?
    He's done many non official PJ related prints. http://expressobeans.com/public/search.php?text=pearl+jam+methe&ipp=15&page=1

Here's an official one ..

Post edited by demetrios on