Trump's Lies

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

The one thing about this thread is the following: is Trump deliberately lying? Or is Trump revealing his level of lunacy? Does he believe the things he spews?

I think he firmly believes whatever people tell him to
    this. I think he surrounds himself with yes people who tell him what he wants to hear so they can get the most out of him they possibly can.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120

The one thing about this thread is the following: is Trump deliberately lying? Or is Trump revealing his level of lunacy? Does he believe the things he spews?

I think he firmly believes whatever people tell him to
    this. I think he surrounds himself with yes people who tell him what he wants to hear so they can get the most out of him they possibly can.
    Basically, those *do men & women* are going along for the ride while trying to make some money. In any adminstration one MUST have people that are willing to stand up and can say NO you can't do this or this might not be a good idea..... If not it's a recipe for disaster.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Serious ??? Does anyone think that in the future if President Trump makes an out right mistake will be be willing to admit that mistake?
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    g under p said:

Serious ??? Does anyone think that in the future if President Trump makes an out right mistake will be be willing to admit that mistake?

Nope
    But I'm happy to be wrong

g under p said:

Nope
    But I'm happy to be wrong
    If that ever comes to be I'm sure he will have someone cover for.....It seems admitting a mistake or defeat is a sign of weakness something that is not in President Trump DNA.

Peace

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    dignin said:

benjs said:

dignin said:

He could be, but he is the president. So I have to go under the assumption he has the mental capacity to serve and is not sick. Therefore he is a liar.
    I'm not sure that being the POTUS affirms either of one's truthfulness or one's mental clarity
    It obviously doesn't....but you would hope that it would.

So here are our options. He is mentally ill or a liar......or both.

Since I have not seen a diagnosis that he is mentally ill, I have to assume he is a liar.

you would know if he released his medical records like everybody else. we just got a note from his quack doctor saying he is the healthiest person to ever run for president.

you do not need a medical record to diagnose his narcissism. if you have a psychology textbook, he has presented enough evidence of that the last 20 months.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    So Xi puts tough guy trump in his place and suddenly he'll now respect the one China policy. trump also hasn't followed through with accusations that China is a currency manipulator. It's like he's the new intern in a real life global relations program.
    PJPOWER said:

**Defence is how it is spelled in England, Australia and Canada.

Very interesting, I was unaware! Thanks!
    I always cock my head like a confused dog when I see it spelled the American way. :dog:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:

I always cock my head like a confused dog when I see it spelled the American way. :dog:
    The worst english word not used in the US (and I don't think it's used in Canada much either) is learnt. It's even more jarring to my brain when I hear it with a beautiful British accent.

PJPOWER said:

The worst english word not used in the US (and I don't think it's used in Canada much either) is learnt. It's even more jarring to my brain when I hear it with a beautiful British accent.
    learnt? I thought that was bad slang!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWER said:

http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/learned_learnt.htm

PJPOWER said:

http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/learned_learnt.htm
    fuck participles.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "learnt." In the US, we says learned. In the few instances I've heard Brits pronounce it, they do so with two syllables: "learn-ed."
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:

benjs said:

dignin said:

He could be, but he is the president. So I have to go under the assumption he has the mental capacity to serve and is not sick. Therefore he is a liar.
    I'm not sure that being the POTUS affirms either of one's truthfulness or one's mental clarity
    It obviously doesn't....but you would hope that it would.

So here are our options. He is mentally ill or a liar......or both.

Since I have not seen a diagnosis that he is mentally ill, I have to assume he is a liar.

I haven't seen an actual clinical diagnosis either, but I'm guessing (as have many others) that he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, so I'm going with mentally ill. And I don't mean that as a joke, or with any humor, unfortunately.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "learnt." In the US, we says learned. In the few instances I've heard Brits pronounce it, they do so with two syllables: "learn-ed."

The most recent time I heard was from Ricky Gervais when he was on a late night show. I was like 'wait, what?...oh British guy'.

learn-ed has a different meaning. learned is past tense of learn, whereas learn-ed speaks to the person's knowledge. "hescalleddyer is a very learn-ed fellow".
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

learn-ed has a different meaning. learned is past tense of learn, whereas learn-ed speaks to the person's knowledge. "hescalleddyer is a very learn-ed fellow".
    Come to think of it, that has always been the context in which I've heard it.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

That's just a rumour
  • I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "learnt." In the US, we says learned. In the few instances I've heard Brits pronounce it, they do so with two syllables: "learn-ed."

I hear it all the time in the south.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Looks like we may have gotten through a day without an outright lie.

But it looks like he is going to break a promise, one I am glad he is breaking.

Trump Administration Committed to Upholding Iran Deal, EU Official Says

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-europe-in-agreement-on-russia-sanctions-eu-official-says-1486755982
    There's still time. Friday night is party night.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    He's saving up for Saturday. He's notorious during the weekend.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    I can picture him now: it's 1:40 am and he's wandering around the White House in his robe with his little schwanz hanging out. Tweet, tweet, must tweet.
  • I can picture him now: it's 1:40 am and he's wandering around the White House in his robe with his little schwanz hanging out. Tweet, tweet, must tweet.

If these are the types of visuals kicking around your head it might help for you to talk to someone.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

I can picture him now: it's 1:40 am and he's wandering around the White House in his robe with his little schwanz hanging out. Tweet, tweet, must tweet.

If these are the types of visuals kicking around your head it might help for you to talk to someone.
    Maybe the first time I've agreed with you.

Go Beavers, where you're going is over the edge ;)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Maybe the first time I've agreed with you.

Go Beavers, where you're going is over the edge ;)
    It was that naked statue of him in New York combined with talk of him in a robe that has forever scarred me.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Donald Trump wrongly says CNN cut off Bernie Sanders for calling network 'fake news'

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/feb/12/donald-trump/donald-trump-wrongly-says-cnn-cut-bernie-sanders-c/
  • ^^^

"What does he mean when he says words?"

Hahahahahahaha

All kidding aside... the guy is a fantastic liar.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    trump tweeted today that Fox and Friends is great. Blatant lie.