Trump's Lies

Someone suggested in another thread that there should be a separate thread dedicated to Trump's Lies. I think that's a good idea.

Here is a start, add to it as needed (which should be a lot).

The complete list of all 42 false things Donald Trump has said as president
The Star’s running tally of the bald-faced lies, exaggerations and deceptions the president of the United States of America has said, so far.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/03/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html

Comments

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Close Guantanamo!
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    You do know these alternative facts are done on purpose just to create his much needed DRAMA! I think he enjoys the chaos because it brings more attention to President Trump, something that seems to be constantly massaged.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• unsung said:

Close Guantanamo!

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

unsung said:

Close Guantanamo!

*defense
  • **Defence is how it is spelled in England, Australia and Canada.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

**Defence is how it is spelled in England, Australia and Canada.

Yes, proper English. ;)
  • dignin said:

Yes, proper English. ;)
    It were him what did it!
    One of my favourite sentences from proper English... my wife watches Coronation Street.

• PJPOWER said:

unsung said:

Close Guantanamo!

*defense
    I am a patriot
    And I love my county
    Because my country is all I know
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

Very interesting, I was unaware! Thanks!
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    dignin said:

Someone suggested in another thread that there should be a separate thread dedicated to Trump's Lies. I think that's a good idea.

The Star’s running tally of the bald-faced lies, exaggerations and deceptions the president of the United States of America has said, so far.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/03/daniel-dales-donald-trump-fact-check-updates.html

I hadn't heard about some of those...good that the Toronto Star is clearing things up for its readers. Thanks.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Great thread....

And I have a feeling that this thread will end up bigly yuuuuggeeee.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

dignin said:

Yes, proper English. ;)
    It were him what did it!
    One of my favourite (favorite ;)) sentences from proper English... my wife watches Coronation Street.

Haha, that line is great. Oh Coronation Street, sometimes my wife and I will watch it for a few minutes for a laugh.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yes thanks for starting this , I wonder what will grow faster his nose or the list of lies ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dignin said:

dignin said:

Yes, proper English. ;)
    It were him what did it!
    One of my favourite (favorite ;)) sentences from proper English... my wife watches Coronation Street.

Haha, that line is great. Oh Coronation Street, sometimes my wife and I will watch it for a few minutes for a laugh.
    Unfortunately my wife is hooked on CS. However, I'll take a half hour of CS over Young & The Restless or any other U.S. soap. My wife asks so little of me, I could never deny her this small guilty pleasure... and as you say, it's good for a laugh every once in a while. ;)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Kat said:

dignin said:

I hadn't heard about some of those...good that the Toronto Star is clearing things up for its readers. Thanks.

jesus, he is just so inadequate in every way, he constantly needs to reassure himself and trying pathetically to convince everyone around him how great he is.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    he said murder rate is highest it has been in 47 years. wrong. sad
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    he said that obama likes him and that he can feel that obama likes him.

wrong. obama thinks he is a horribly unqualified asshole, just like most of us.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

he said nordstrom is treating ivanka unfairly by dropping her line. wrong.

her clothing line has not been selling, and it is worse since he won the election.

if the basic principle of business in a capitalistic economy is to supply a need and make a profit, why would a business waste shelf space on poorly selling merch? this is example number one of why trump is a shitty business man.

• Great thread. We should be able to add to it almost daily.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • will myself to find a home, a home within myself
  • The one thing about this thread is the following: is Trump deliberately lying? Or is Trump revealing his level of lunacy? Does he believe the things he spews?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • The one thing about this thread is the following: is Trump deliberately lying? Or is Trump revealing his level of lunacy? Does he believe the things he spews?

I think he firmly believes whatever people tell him to
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Could be a little bit of both. A lot of easily led automatons support him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APetG6zuous

The one thing about this thread is the following: is Trump deliberately lying? Or is Trump revealing his level of lunacy? Does he believe the things he spews?

He could be, but he is the president. So I have to go under the assumption he has the mental capacity to serve and is not sick. Therefore he is a liar.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    When he speaks it looks to me like he believes every word of it .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    On that note.

New bill would require Donald Trump's White House to hire a psychiatrist amid fears for President's mental health
    'If there are questions about the mental health of the president of the United States, what may be the best way to get the president treatment?'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-white-house-psychiatrist-new-bill-us-president-mental-health-democrat-house-member-a7570611.html

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    dignin said:

The one thing about this thread is the following: is Trump deliberately lying? Or is Trump revealing his level of lunacy? Does he believe the things he spews?

He could be, but he is the president. So I have to go under the assumption he has the mental capacity to serve and is not sick. Therefore he is a liar.
    I'm not sure that being the POTUS affirms either of one's truthfulness or one's mental clarity - the only thing it seems to guarantee is one's ability to manipulate and to develop strong connections with powerful people.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:

dignin said:

I'm not sure that being the POTUS affirms either of one's truthfulness or one's mental clarity
    It obviously doesn't....but you would hope that it would.

So here are our options. He is mentally ill or a liar......or both.

Since I have not seen a diagnosis that he is mentally ill, I have to assume he is a liar.