The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    JK_Livin said:

No big deal but you really don't know the Big 5?

Not sure I knew what the Big 5 was before I moved to this area. Maybe...
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

JK_Livin said:

Not sure I knew what the Big 5 was before I moved to this area. Maybe...
    You just thought it was McNabb
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited December 2016
    Cliff you're a Syracuse fan and they played Nova twice a year forever. You really don't think you knew what the Big 5 was prior to moving here? They mention it on every telecast...
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_Livin said:

Well I do now and it makes sense but no, down here you don't hear much about the Big 5.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Cliff you're a Syracuse fan and they played Nova twice a year forever. You really don't think you knew what the Big 5 was prior to moving here? They mention it on every telecast...

Yeah, I assume you're probably right. Probably just didn't give it too much thought. Don't think I notice how much they talk about it but yeah..
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    thought the Nova game was on later and totally missed it. They were bound to lose soon anyway.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Cool commentary by Scott Van Pelt on ESPN regarding the Palestra. Penn State is playing Michigan State there tomorrow in a home game.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18417372&sf49702901=1
    i am shocked that Nova won that game. I only caught part of it at a bar and they looked bad.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

i am shocked that Nova won that game. I only caught part of it at a bar and they looked bad.

After that first half, so am I. That was a great test for the tourney.
    chinese-happy.jpg

After that first half, so am I. That was a great test for the tourney.
    going back to the Marquette game Jenkins at one point missed 15 straight shots. that's pretty amazing for a guy with such a good stroke. Virginia's offense just isn't good enough in crunch time, Virginia had to knock Nova out in the first half when they only shot 18%. You have to be up more than 9 points at half when your opponent shoots 18%.
    LaSalle's coach is so bad. 0-4 in the big 5 is disgraceful when you have more talent than everyone but Nova.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

LaSalle's coach is so bad. 0-4 in the big 5 is disgraceful when you have more talent than everyone but Nova.

Losing to my Hawks is bad enough but they lost to Penn. that can't happen with the talent on that team. LaSalle is a very difficult job though. I get why they go the transfer route but can be hard to have chemistry when you are bringing in so many guys like that.

It's going to be interesting at Temple to. Dunph isn't getting it done there. they aren't very good this year. I don't think they make any moves this year but if he has another bad year next year who knows. gotta suck for the fans though playing teams like Tulsa and South Florida. Even Uconn stinks this year.
    ho hum

another nova win
    chinese-happy.jpg

ho hum

another nova win

they aren't losing again in the regular season. the 2 other best teams in the Big East lost their best players to knee injuries. Nova's next loss is to the 8-9 seed in the NCAAs
    edited February 2017
    pjhawks said:

ho hum

another nova win

they aren't losing again in the regular season. the 2 other best teams in the Big East lost their best players to knee injuries. Nova's next loss is to the 8-9 seed in the NCAAs
    haha....okay

They'll probably lose a game in the Big East tourney
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Take a Tour of College Basketball Mecca The Palestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULi42N9Epw8&feature=youtu.be
    cutz said:

awesome!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Triple headers were the best
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    cutz said:

so many great memories of being in the Palestra. there is a spirit to the place. when you walk in, it just feels like basketball. i've been in a lot of arenas and it's still one that gives me a little chill each time i walk in. Sucks that my Hawks pretty much only play 1 game a year there now. Wish they would take their Big 5 games back there.
    Boy this season has taken a turn for the worse. The hawk may never die but the Explorer is on it's last leg.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:

Boy this season has taken a turn for the worse. The hawk may never die but the Explorer is on it's last leg.

Villanova is having an okay season....
    chinese-happy.jpg

JK_Livin said:

Never heard of them.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer

JK_Livin said:

I just hope for their sake the guy who gave the money for the Pavillion upgrade doesn't turn out to be another gay murderer.
    pjhawks said:

JK_Livin said:

I just hope for their sake the guy who gave the money for the Pavillion upgrade doesn't turn out to be another gay murderer.
    Yeah. That would suck.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    YOUR national champions will be playing in front of the largest crowd ever up in Newark today. Seton Hall is opening up the upper bowl for only the second time. Probably will be full of Nova fans.
    chinese-happy.jpg

YOUR national champions will be playing in front of the largest crowd ever up in Newark today. Seton Hall is opening up the upper bowl for only the second time. Probably will be full of Nova fans.

looking pretty dominant today
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD

Yup....so short handed right now too.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

Yup....so short handed right now too.
    Yeah, imagine if they had Phil Boothe & 5-Star/McDonalds All American BIG man Omari Spellman?

Gotta think that Phil Boothe will be Red-shirted?

How long will Reynolds be out for?
    As long as Nova doesn't play Butler in the tourny they should do pretty well (least final 4). I guess with Gonzaga's loss they move back to #1?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Love seeing the article where all the Nova people including Jay said how shitty the Pavilion is now that they are going to refurbish it. nova people defended that dump for years. only arena i ever sat in and had a seat where i could only see about 5 rows of the student section. whoever signed off on that roof configuration should never be allowed to design anything ever again.

now less than two weeks to selection Sunday. can't recall a season where there is no real favorite to win it all going into the tournament. i think there are about 20 teams that could win it this year.