Mike McCready w/Kim Virant - Gleason 7" White & Blue Vinyl

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Nothing yet. Just received the Stag vinyl which is weird as that was shipped out 2 weeks after the Gleason copies.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    demetrios said:

Nothing yet. Just received the Stag vinyl which is weird as that was shipped out 2 weeks after the Gleason copies.

Yeah doesn't seem like anyone in Canada has gotten there's, who Nader if there was a mix up like the PJ/EODM 7"?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Im still waiting too
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I couldn't decide so I used a random choice generator, best of 7. Blue won 4-2 so blue it is. Decisions are tough sometimes lol.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I ordered the Blue one... still waiting in Western Canada....
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Mine arrived in Sydney this afternoon (sorry Canadians!).
    I got both colours, but the sleeves are super tight on both of them. I don't think i'll be playing these very often as I struggled getting them back into the outer sleeves
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    goldrush said:

I got both colours, but the sleeves are super tight on both of them. I don't think i'll be playing these very often as I struggled getting them back into the outer sleeves

Turn the sleeve sideways, fits much easier.
    goldrush said:

Could buy new sleeves? :) I've been finding all the hockeytalkter (or however you spell it sleeves) are really tight. I've been replacing them from my own pile of 7" sleeves :(
    Zod said:

goldrush said:

Could buy new sleeves? :) I've been finding all the hockeytalkter (or however you spell it sleeves) are really tight. I've been replacing them from my own pile of 7" sleeves :(
    I replace all my 7" sleeves with Made in Japan Mylar sleeves.
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

goldrush said:

I have no idea what my sleeves are made of it. I buy them from the local record store. Hopefully it's made of a proper plastic that doesn't eat away at the artwork :)
    Zod said:

demetrios said:

Zod said:

goldrush said:

I have no idea what my sleeves are made of it. I buy them from the local record store. Hopefully it's made of a proper plastic that doesn't eat away at the artwork :)
    The quality is much clearer. Not as thick. It doesn't eat away the artwork.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:

It doesn't eat away the artwork.

What kind of sleeves eat away the artwork? I have never seen this?
  • MedozK said:

demetrios said:

It doesn't eat away the artwork.

What kind of sleeves eat away the artwork? I have never seen this?
    The rare and elusive vinyl mite. It's only found in hipster homes so anyone not a millennial is safe, for now....

Bwahahahahahaha!
    http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/warning-to-all-record-collectors-outer-bag-inner-sleeve-concerns.387179/

You see all those vinyl records with the white ring on the outside of the front and back covers? You get that with certain branded sleeves. With quality Mylar sleeves, you don't get that.
    edited February 2017
    demetrios said:

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/warning-to-all-record-collectors-outer-bag-inner-sleeve-concerns.387179/

You see all those vinyl records with the white ring on the outside of the front and back covers? You get that with certain branded sleeves. With quality Mylar sleeves, you don't get that.

Thats hilarious. That's called ring wear. Has nothing to do with sleeves. Vintage records that have never been in a sleeve has that. It from contact with other records, but if people want to blame sleeves.. thats ok I guess.

Only thing I have every thought is maybe those heavy PVC style inner sleeve, could discolor or haze the vinyl. This could be true especially with those 45s that are just in the thick PVC sleeve. But I really haven't heard about damage to art with outer sleeves.

Good thing that never happened to any of the vintage records I have. It's amazing records have lasted as long as they have with all these inferior sleeves...lol
    Post edited by MedozK on
    MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Thats hilarious. That's called ring wear. Has nothing to do with sleeves. Vintage records that have never been in a sleeve has that. It from contact with other records, but if people want to blame sleeves.. thats ok I guess.

Only thing I have every thought is maybe those heavy PVC style inner sleeve, could discolor or haze the vinyl. This could be true especially with those 45s that are just in the thick PVC sleeve. But I really haven't heard about damage to art with outer sleeves.

Good thing that never happened to any of the vintage records I have. It's amazing records have lasted as long as they have with all these inferior sleeves...lol
    With quality Mylar sleeves you won't have those ring wears on the front and back of your albums artwork. Those cheap outside bags leave a mark on the artwork. It's the same when storing posters. If you bag them in clear sleeves you don't want to use inferior heavy non Mylar sleeves on top on one another cause it will leave marks on your prints.
    Agree to disagree. Depending on how tight your records are against each other. Ring wear will occur no matter the sleeve.
    Any Canadians receive theirs yet?
    scurtis said:

nope.
    Zod said:

scurtis said:

nope.
    Nothing yet. Remember when we used to order HockeyTalkter singles over @ http://hockeytalkter.com/ ? Shipped by USPS to Canada. Arriving in 2 weeks?

I'm guessing like the PJ/EODM single something has happened at the border, seems odd that not a single Canadian has received there's and the Europeans received theirs weeks ago.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    And I just ordered mine Weds of last week and got it Monday.

And I just ordered mine Weds of last week and got it Monday.

scurtis said:

nope.
    demetrios said:

Zod said:

scurtis said:

nope.
    Nothing yet. Remember when we used to order HockeyTalkter singles over @ http://hockeytalkter.com/ ? Shipped by USPS to Canada. Arriving in 2 weeks?

I do, but I also ordered the new one from hockeytalkter via the 10c website and it showed up in two weeks (allthough I ordered well after it came out). Sort of feels like the old old days. When I first joined the 10c anything like shirts or stuff sold on the website was usps and would show in two weeks (just like anything else you order from a US retailer). Anything big released that they shipped in bulk (like fan club singles) would take an eternity. The Last Kiss Christmas single was so late, that after 3 months I emailed the 10c and they sent me another one. I got that one after two weeks, but the original showed up 2 weeks after that. No idea where it was sitting for four months (I ended up selling it a fan for the cost of shipping it).
    Got mine today. Crisis averted. ;)
    edited February 2017
    scurtis said:

Got mine today. Crisis averted. ;)

Whoa!! Same here. :)
    Post edited by demetrios on
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by demetrios on
    I'm still waiting in Ontario along with my bugs order from December...ugh!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    BLACK35 said:

Bugs order?
    demetrios said:

BLACK35 said:

Bugs order?
    Damm auto correct, it's a Nugs order that I'm waiting on
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2