Steve Bannon

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

Great guy right , I'm sure his religion is the only one he considers legit !
    The one true race as well.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/05/steve-bannon-in-his-own-words-eight-clues-into-what-he-believes.html
    Ultimate political goal
    To destroy the modern Republican party. He wants it transformed into a nationalist-economic populist party like Europe’s right-wing movements. Bannon was raised in a Democratic household, became a Republican, and eventually turned on mainstream politicians in general.
    He told the Vatican event: “I could see this when I worked at Goldman Sachs — people in New York that feel closer to people in London and in Berlin than they do to people in Kansas and in Colorado, and they have more of this elite mentality that they’re going to dictate to everybody how the world’s going to be run. . . . The Tea party in the United States’ biggest fight is with the Republican establishment, which is really a collection of crony capitalists . . . And, quite frankly, we’re winning many, many victories.”
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Kat said:
    Well that kind of public reaction is sure to piss off president bannon.
    And some people on here as well..
  • I just came here to post that very thing, @kat. That's absolutely horrifying.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Kat said:
    no ... despite the rumblings ... the gov't under trump is still largely controlled by corporations ... a global war or any war between major superpowers is not good for business ...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Kat said:
    Here is the danger of Bannon and his radical thought process. I'm loathe to create "Hitler" comparisons, but there are very real comparisons that are appropriate that have nothing to do with the Holocaust or fascism itself. When a person or gov't believes that a war is inevitable, they stop trying to de-escalate a war and begin preparing for the war. And eventually they do something to precipitate the war. Bannon believes a reckoning is coming. There is a political and cultural re-orientation happening here and around the world. It's a common thought among the radical right that has grown ever since Ruby Ridge and Waco. This is a war against leftist elitists, Chinese, the Muslims, globalists. This war is coming and we must prepared and then we have to take the fight to them.

This is exactly the mindset that Hitler brought to Germany in the 1930s. The Soviets were the enemy, the Untermensch. Hitler had no interest in avoiding the war, he wanted to prepare and then take the war to the Soviets and Communism. The result, obviously, was that 15 years later the Soviets were camped in Berlin. The same mindset permeated the Austro-Hungrarians and in Paris in 1914. When you stop avoiding and negotiating and begin preparing, that's when the risk rises immensely.

This is what really worries me about Bannon's influence in the Oval Office.
    Trump says he calls his own shots...hates this type of cartoon. Tweet it often and maybe Bannon will be gone.

http://theoutfront.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/C3bV6qLUoAEgLrb-1024x1024.jpg

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

I just came here to post that very thing, @kat. That's absolutely horrifying.

yes it is.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mrussel1 said:

Kat said:
    Here is the danger of Bannon and his radical thought process. I'm loathe to create "Hitler" comparisons, but there are very real comparisons that are appropriate that have nothing to do with the Holocaust or fascism itself. When a person or gov't believes that a war is inevitable, they stop trying to de-escalate a war and begin preparing for the war. And eventually they do something to precipitate the war. Bannon believes a reckoning is coming. There is a political and cultural re-orientation happening here and around the world. It's a common thought among the radical right that has grown ever since Ruby Ridge and Waco. This is a war against leftist elitists, Chinese, the Muslims, globalists. This war is coming and we must prepared and then we have to take the fight to them.

This is exactly the mindset that Hitler brought to Germany in the 1930s. The Soviets were the enemy, the Untermensch. Hitler had no interest in avoiding the war, he wanted to prepare and then take the war to the Soviets and Communism. The result, obviously, was that 15 years later the Soviets were camped in Berlin. The same mindset permeated the Austro-Hungrarians and in Paris in 1914. When you stop avoiding and negotiating and begin preparing, that's when the risk rises immensely.

I think we have to learn from history and not ignore the similarities here. There *are* very real comparisons and it's important to call them out. After all, most people living now weren't here for WWII...and many don't really study history so they don't know. It's important to talk about it so people will know.
    Kat said:

mrussel1 said:

Kat said:

I think we have to learn from history and not ignore the similarities here. There *are* very real comparisons and it's important to call them out. After all, most people living now weren't here for WWII...and many don't really study history so they don't know. It's important to talk about it so people will know.
    And I think the public mocking the Bannon influence is really good. Trump is so thin skinned that cartoons like the one you posted might just be effective. Perhaps they will cause a rift and force the exile of Bannon. We can only hope.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Kat said:

Trump says he calls his own shots...hates this type of cartoon. Tweet it often and maybe Bannon will be gone.

I love this. And if he's calling all of his own shots as he says he is, why did Prebus have to create a 10 point checklist for executive orders to make sure Trump was properly briefed earlier in the process so he wouldn't be surprised by things like giving Bannon a seat on the National Security Council?

I have reposted this cartoon in a couple of places now. I think it is right on point.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    jeffbr said:

Kat said:

I love this. And if he's calling all of his own shots as he says he is, why did Prebus have to create a 10 point checklist for executive orders to make sure Trump was properly briefed earlier in the process so he wouldn't be surprised by things like giving Bannon a seat on the National Security Council?

I have reposted this cartoon in a couple of places now. I think it is right on point.
    Aside from the fact that the slob is in a suit rather than rumpled khakis and sweaters...
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    mfc2006 said:

yes it is.
    A little dramatic. Horrifying?

And speaking to the cartoon there would be outrage on here from many if it was Monica Lewinsky with Hillary Clinton depicted instead and the word boy substituted with girl.
    jeffbr said:

Kat said:

I looked for your post but couldn't remember who posted the link....and you'd think he'd un-executive order his order, wouldn't you?

mfc2006 said:

yes it is.

And speaking to the cartoon there would be outrage on here from many if it was Monica Lewinsky with Hillary Clinton depicted instead and the word boy substituted with girl.
    Wait...what does this even mean?
  • mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

yes it is.

That's what I'm trying to figure out as well.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

yes it is.

That's what I'm trying to figure out as well.
    same here. haha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Kat said:

jeffbr said:

Kat said:

I looked for your post but couldn't remember who posted the link....and you'd think he'd un-executive order his order, wouldn't you?
    Sorry, I meant I have posted this in a couple of other places (other than this site). I agree that if Trump was so troubled by what his executive order actually did he certainly has every opportunity to rescind it.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    jeffbr said:

Kat said:

jeffbr said:

Kat said:

Sorry, I meant I have posted this in a couple of other places (other than this site). I agree that if Trump was so troubled by what his executive order actually did he certainly has every opportunity to rescind it.
    He is in a pickle because if he rescinds it, it will be proof that he is a puppet with tiny hands.
    Jason P said:

jeffbr said:

Kat said:

jeffbr said:

Kat said:

He is in a pickle because if he rescinds it, it will be proof that he is a puppet with tiny hands.
    Right.. he can't rescind the order since it would be admitting either defeat on the issue or that it wasn't his decision. Neither is acceptable. He'll play this out but hopefully the whole team learned a swift but painful lesson.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

mfc2006 said:

yes it is.

The circumstances are not even remotely comparable. As someone who voted for Bill Clinton and knew dozens if not hundreds of Clinton supporters, I can tell you that none of us were pleased with his affair.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    polaris_x said:

Kat said:
    no ... despite the rumblings ... the gov't under trump is still largely controlled by corporations ... a global war or any war between major superpowers is not good for business ...
    seems like bannon believes it's destiny though. whether it happens or not, don't you think it's scarey AF to have THIS GUY at the right hand of the president?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    This is an important article. Will be both loved and hated. Pretty good insight into philosophy either way.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/steve-bannon-books-reading-list-214745
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    BS44325 said:

This is an important article. Will be both loved and hated. Pretty good insight into philosophy either way.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/02/steve-bannon-books-reading-list-214745

You know what is also an interesting read the police report from the day he beat his wife its out there take a look , he's a really nice guy !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Spicer stated Trump has the authority to remove Bannon if he chooses to do so. Seems like the writing is on the wall. New guy must be trying to axe him.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Jason P said:

Spicer stated Trump has the authority to remove Bannon if he chooses to do so. Seems like the writing is on the wall. New guy must be trying to axe him.

After tonight I'm not so sure

https://youtu.be/w0Q3hNcvhb4

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Wife beater , homophobic, racist runs our country and nobody will even say anything about , this peice of turd is actually an influencing American policy welcome to 1950 America great again !!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....