Aren't liberals supposed to be pro-gay? Terrorists at Milo event...

Comments

• cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    MayDay10 said:

If the shoe was currently on the other foot... Im sure the protests and rhetoric that would exist would represent a kumbaya jamboree. There was a close race, for a hotly contested presidency... Trump won.... but not a huge mandate to light the world on fire. He put Steve Bannon at the helm, who makes Dick Cheney look like JFK. I cant even imagine what the opposite of that is? Ben Affleck winning the POTUS and empowering Michael Moore behind the scenes.... with no resistance or checks/balances? I think people are rightfully freaked out right now... and I also think there are people actively searching to cause trouble/anarchy no matter the cause.

Violence and sillyness such as destruction and pepper-spraying a human for no reason are not cool, and hurts whatever cause

This.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2017
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's funny reading the reactions of this thread. These aren't liberals. These are anarchists.

And?
    I figure now's the time for liberals to turn into anarchists, given the fact that the US government seems to be aiming for a dictatorship and possible war. Isn't that basically the one of the few instances where anarchists are useful? And what the Constitution suggests in such times?
    So protest the government then.

Don't pepper spray women and destroy private property.
    Well of course not. I wouldn't call someone who does that an anarchist though. In a general sense, if liberals (or anyone - why zero in on liberals? There are plenty of more conservative people who are freaked out too) turn anarchist against a government that is going rogue with Russia and is basically showing us a step-by-step process towards an autocracy, that seems like exactly what Americans are supposed to do, according to the constitution.
    Interesting. Two years ago this kind of talk would get you called a racist around these parts. Oh, and tin foil hats, can't forget the tin foil hats.
    That makes no sense.
    What is so hard to understand?
    There was nothing racist or anything that could have been construed as such at any point by anyone in what I said.
    FYI, just to clarify for you, nobody here calls someone racist unless they are making racist comments or expressing racist views, or support racists.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

It's funny reading the reactions of this thread. These aren't liberals. These are anarchists.

And?
    I figure now's the time for liberals to turn into anarchists, given the fact that the US government seems to be aiming for a dictatorship and possible war. Isn't that basically the one of the few instances where anarchists are useful? And what the Constitution suggests in such times?

Well of course not. I wouldn't call someone who does that an anarchist though. In a general sense, if liberals (or anyone - why zero in on liberals? There are plenty of more conservative people who are freaked out too) turn anarchist against a government that is going rogue with Russia and is basically showing us a step-by-step process towards an autocracy, that seems like exactly what Americans are supposed to do, according to the constitution.
    I would call that rebelling, not "turning anarchist". Anarchy is a lack of govt, lack of possessions, lack of anything. I don't think that's what liberals want. Liberals have been protesting, do you remember the women's march? That was liberal. It was also safe and free of rioting..
    True, good point. Although in that case, I don't think someone protesting who decides to get destructive is necessarily an anarchist either. They're just pissed off and not controlling their emotions very well.
    They went there dressed in black, faces hidden and carrying weapons. They were not there to protest peacefully.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?

Interesting. Two years ago this kind of talk would get you called a racist around these parts. Oh, and tin foil hats, can't forget the tin foil hats.
    False parallel. Foil hat refers to a conspiracy. There's no conspiracy at work here, our president is putting it all out there in tweets.

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?

False parallel. Foil hat refers to a conspiracy. There's no conspiracy at work here, our president is putting it all out there in tweets.
    Yeah, that too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Well well well, it seems everyone here agrees on one thing; These people that are going around beating the shit out of everyone are collectively a bunch of asshats. :smiley:
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Im getting the sense these protestors dont think too highly of women. Is this love trumping hate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSMKGRyWKas

"Were not the enemy, were not the enemy"

These are not protesters, these are violent terrorist hate groups and should be treated as such...
    So the definition of terrorism is now people in a group destroying property and assaulting others? I need to know the correct label to use on the fans of the next team that wins the championship.
    ter·ror·ism
    ˈterəˌrizəm/
    noun
    the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    Seems fitting to me...
    What if the fans are demanding a new stadium be built?
    I don't even know wtf you are talking about? Aren't you one of the ones around here that cries when I point out double standards though?
    I'm talking about how people define terrorism. It seems like the word is often used if there's a group of people doing something that oerson doesn't like.
    I am not for rioting or violent protesting in any manner or form...but the definition of terrorism includes violence with the motive of influencing a political outcome. The people in some of these riots in the videos above meet that definition, do they not?
    I'm uncomfortable with a broad definition of terrorism, which is what the patriot act has done. I also don't have to accept the definition for my own use, because as you can see, my dumb example of rioting fans demanding a new stadium fits the definition:
    " A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act ""dangerous to human life"" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping. "

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JC29856 said:

Im getting the sense these protestors dont think too highly of women. Is this love trumping hate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSMKGRyWKas

"Were not the enemy, were not the enemy"

These are not protesters, these are violent terrorist hate groups and should be treated as such...
    So the definition of terrorism is now people in a group destroying property and assaulting others? I need to know the correct label to use on the fans of the next team that wins the championship.
    ter·ror·ism
    ˈterəˌrizəm/
    noun
    the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
    Seems fitting to me...
    What if the fans are demanding a new stadium be built?
    I don't even know wtf you are talking about? Aren't you one of the ones around here that cries when I point out double standards though?
    I'm talking about how people define terrorism. It seems like the word is often used if there's a group of people doing something that oerson doesn't like.
    I am not for rioting or violent protesting in any manner or form...but the definition of terrorism includes violence with the motive of influencing a political outcome. The people in some of these riots in the videos above meet that definition, do they not?
    I'm uncomfortable with a broad definition of terrorism, which is what the patriot act has done. I also don't have to accept the definition for my own use, because as you can see, my dumb example of rioting fans demanding a new stadium fits the definition:
    " A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act ""dangerous to human life"" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping. "
    I agree with you, the way that is stated, both groups fit into the definition.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PJPOWER said:

Well well well, it seems everyone here agrees on one thing; These people that are going around beating the shit out of everyone are collectively a bunch of asshats. :smiley:

Totally I'm all for protesting in peace violence should not be acceptable !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

Totally I'm all for protesting in peace violence should not be acceptable !
    Definitely not. All it does is create a target for their opponents, hurting their own cause. It's fucking stupid as well as evil..... in almost all cases. I can't say I was upset when that neo-nazi got punched TBH.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    This is just ignorant.

You have idiotically reduced the man to his sexuality alone and then idiotically twisted that into being the reason some dumb shits got violent.
    I understand you were trying for sarcasm, but it was a sophomoric attempt at best, and trolling would be a much more appropriate description.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?

That makes no sense.
    What is so hard to understand?

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    PJPOWER said:

unsung said:
    I'm vegetarian and are pro-veg. Hitler was a vegetarian. I don't need to like Hitler.
    That explains a lot about your Hitleresque temper tantrums. I'm going to eat a ribeye steak in your name tonight!
    That comment made me laugh hard it hurt.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited February 2017
    unsung said:
    the gay guy hates gay guys.

While Yiannopoulos is gay, he has stated that gay rights are detrimental to humanity, and that gay men should "get back in the closet".[100] He has described being gay as "aberrant" and "a lifestyle choice guaranteed to bring [gay people] pain and unhappiness".[101] He has said that he would love to experiment with conversion therapy, but not because he thinks it will work.[102]

In September 2015, Yiannopoulos guest-starred on Joe Rogan's YouTube show, The Joe Rogan Experience. During the show, Yiannopoulos claimed to have lost his virginity at age 13 "in an interracial fivesome with a drag queen".[103] Some have accused Yiannopoulos of exaggerating his homosexuality for comic effect, and falling back on homophobic tropes in doing so.[18]
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    When I think about liberal anarchy, I picture a lot ill-equipped crybabies getting their asses handed to them and a lot of confusion about the lack of participation ribbons.
    I wish the right would decide on what liberals are: pussies or violent anarchists. you can't have both (baseless) insults.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    When I think about liberal anarchy, I picture a lot ill-equipped crybabies getting their asses handed to them and a lot of confusion about the lack of participation ribbons.
    I wish the right would decide on what liberals are: pussies or violent anarchists. you can't have both (baseless) insults.
    someone described it this way, they are first and foremost Pssys 99% of the time, but when they get in a group, large group, mob mentality overcomes them and they turn into raging women hating, sucker punching, skull cracking anarchists.
    JC29856 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    someone described it this way, they are first and foremost Pssys 99% of the time, but when they get in a group, mob mentality overcomes them and they turn into raging women hating, sucker punching, skull cracking anarchists.
    women hating? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Comments like the thread title is one of the reasons it's impossible to have a civil discussion with conservatives. Just because a dude is gay and just because a dude likes black guys doesn't mean he's not a complete tool. This milo fuck incites more bull shit and hate rhetoric than any BLM march.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    You are the one that called them "pussies"...Freudian slip? I just said they are ill equipped crybabies and eluded that a mass anarchist movement by them would fail patheticly and miserably. Does that make them "pussies"? I don't think so, just naive.
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    You are the one that called them "pussies"...Freudian slip? I just said they are ill equipped crybabies and eluded that a mass anarchist movement by them would fail patheticly and miserably. Does that make them "pussies"? I don't think so, just naive.
    Not a slip. I hear conservatives use that word all the time when referring to liberals.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I'm not sure he is gay. I think he is pulling a Cranston like in the Seinfeld episode where he converts to Judism so he can make Jewish jokes.
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    Not a slip. I hear conservatives use that word all the time when referring to liberals.

Right on, I cannot speak for other conservative. Ironically, there is another active thread here on AMT where a couple people are calling conservatives "wussies"...that word just doesn't carry the same weight, lol. I wouldn't even know how to make a "wussie" hat. Wait, maybe that is why they are calling liberals "pussies"...it's because they literally wear the hat!!!!! Wat waaaaa
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

unsung said:
    the gay guy hates gay guys.

While Yiannopoulos is gay, he has stated that gay rights are detrimental to humanity, and that gay men should "get back in the closet".[100] He has described being gay as "aberrant" and "a lifestyle choice guaranteed to bring [gay people] pain and unhappiness".[101] He has said that he would love to experiment with conversion therapy, but not because he thinks it will work.[102]

In September 2015, Yiannopoulos guest-starred on Joe Rogan's YouTube show, The Joe Rogan Experience. During the show, Yiannopoulos claimed to have lost his virginity at age 13 "in an interracial fivesome with a drag queen".[103] Some have accused Yiannopoulos of exaggerating his homosexuality for comic effect, and falling back on homophobic tropes in doing so.[18]
    He's a joke. He hates himself. I find it sad that a teacher I know likes his facebook page and likes his post.
    A teacher!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    cheap hooker
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    Please substitute communists for anarchists.
    unsung said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    Please substitute communists for anarchists.
    Oh, how you do go on!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    There are extremes from both the left and right who are out of control. We shouldn't let those few represent the majorities. As a liberal myself, Milo is a troll who spreads hate. I don't care whether he is gay or straight.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    unsung said:
    im sorry what???? are you seriously asking us if we 'hate' the gay guy cause he likes interracial relationships???

# 1: i dont hate anybody. i may despise the actions and opinions of certain people but hate is an empty emotion that takes u valauble energy needed elsewhere.

and

#2 milo yiannopolous says the things he says because he has some delusion that hes some sort of oscar wilde... when all he really is, is a divisive catty petty man who plays for laughs. he is the worst product of the look-at-me-arent-i-clever generation.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    You have a really fucked up idea of what and who liberals are man. I mean REALLY fucked up.
    edited February 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

And?
    You have a really fucked up idea of what and who liberals are man. I mean REALLY fucked up.
    That is entirely possible...but from what I've seen, not so much. Maybe it's a it's a situation of "those that speak the loudest"... Care to enlighten me? Everyone's perception is different based on experience. Maybe you can teach me what and who they really are.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on