Dem Party

Comments

• FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    “Bernie Sanders was right. The party is in a shambles. For the people who were at the helm to pretend like that isn’t the case is just whistling past the graveyard."

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/317770-sanders-reopens-dem-primary-wounds

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Free said:

“Bernie Sanders was right. The party is in a shambles. For the people who were at the helm to pretend like that isn’t the case is just whistling past the graveyard."

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/317770-sanders-reopens-dem-primary-wounds

You're listening to the wrong BS
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Free said:
    It's exactly what I wrote several days ago. The Democrats belief in federal gov't has caused them to neglect state and local races. I thank you Free, for agreeing with my point. Looks like we might be on the same page on a few issues.
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:
    It's exactly what I wrote several days ago. The Democrats belief in federal gov't has caused them to neglect state and local races. I thank you Free, for agreeing with my point. Looks like we might be on the same page on a few issues.
    That's a great article and is one of the reasons Walker was my number 1 choice in the GOP primaries. His quick exit also made me realize that Trump was going to win.

The one problem the article doesn't get into is the current Democratic Party philosophical problem. When as a party you believe in a big federal government that overtime usurps and/or forces compliance upon state/local governments then naturally you ignore state level issues. It then becomes harder to win state/local elections on a platform which gives up authority to the federal govenment. The philosophy will always be at odds with state/local election outcomes. GOP success especially in a state like Wisconsin is not an accident.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:
    That's a great article and is one of the reasons Walker was my number 1 choice in the GOP primaries. His quick exit also made me realize that Trump was going to win.

The one problem the article doesn't get into is the current Democratic Party philosophical problem. When as a party you believe in a big federal government that overtime usurps and/or forces compliance upon state/local governments then naturally you ignore state level issues. It then becomes harder to win state/local elections on a platform which gives up authority to the federal govenment. The philosophy will always be at odds with state/local election outcomes. GOP success especially in a state like Wisconsin is not an accident.
    Precisely my point. Republicans believe in local government so they invest in the process.
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Precisely my point. Republicans believe in local government so they invest in the process.
    Exactly. So how does the democratic party fix that philosophy to win at the local level. Free linked the article but I highly doubt he believes in anything other then a big and burdensome federal government.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Exactly. So how does the democratic party fix that philosophy to win at the local level. Free linked the article but I highly doubt he believes in anything other then a big and burdensome federal government.
    Democrats need to come to terms with the fact that mid terms and local races matter. Until then, the bleeding will continue.
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

You can assume anything you want about me, big guy. Doesn't mean you're right. Interesting to see you two agree with me and The articles that I posted. People are starting to come around to the let downs of the Democratic Party.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

You can assume anything you want about me, big guy. Doesn't mean you're right. Interesting to see you two agree with me and The articles that I posted. People are starting to come around to the let downs of the Democratic Party.
    Nobody ever tried to claim the Dem party was without flaws and letdowns, some of us just prefer it over the Republican party.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

You are a piece of work.. Last week I made the point several times that we're not focusing on local races because Democrats inherently are focusing on federal elections when the important work can be done locally. Then you post an article making the same point and say we're coming around to you. Bigly douchy. Be nice if we could extract an original thought from your once in a while.
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

You are a piece of work.. Last week I made the point several times that we're not focusing on local races because Democrats inherently are focusing on federal elections when the important work can be done locally. Then you post an article making the same point and say we're coming around to you. Bigly douchy. Be nice if we could extract an original thought from your once in a while.
    You wonder why I ignore you. I have been stating since the beginning Bernie's message of getting progressive people in at a local and state level, that we need more leaders in communities first.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:
    Belief! like its a grade schoolers belief in Bigfoot.
    lmfao
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

You wonder why I ignore you. I have been stating since the beginning Bernie's message of getting progressive people in at a local and state level, that we need more leaders in communities first.
    Bernie's message is at odds with what people want at the state and local level. Vermont just elected a Republican Governor for f sakes.
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Bernie's message is at odds with what people want at the state and local level. Vermont just elected a Republican Governor for f sakes.
    You are forgetting that Bernie is not a Democrat he was only running on the ticket. And neither am I. You are speaking for all the Democrats.

But it's so interesting that Russell is now thinking like Bernie. After dissing him like there was no tomorrow.
    Post edited by Free on
    Free said:

BS44325 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

You are forgetting that Bernie is not a Democrat he was only running on the ticket. And neither am I. You are speaking for all the Democrats.
    And you're speaking for no one evidently. You have no horse. No candidate. No elected officials. No organization. No infrastructure. No money. Shockingly your opinion won't materialize into meaningful action.
    What party do I belong to again Russell?
    Free said:

If not the Democratic or Republican, then an inconsequential one.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    They want to get under his skin? Why?
    President Trump would never do that to others.
    Wow.
    Protest “gets under his skin,” said Michael Skolnik, a filmmaker and prominent liberal organizer in New York, who supports this sort of protest. He hoped that, somehow, getting under the president’s skin might turn out to be a good long-term political strategy.
    “What if Trump can’t come out of bed for four days? That could happen,” Skolnik said

edit - link https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-protesters-plan-to-get-under-trumps-skin-wherever-he-goes/2017/02/04/32059b9c-ea45-11e6-b82f-687d6e6a3e7c_story.html?utm_term=.c93e7a034b6f
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

Wow.
    Protest “gets under his skin,” said Michael Skolnik, a filmmaker and prominent liberal organizer in New York, who supports this sort of protest. He hoped that, somehow, getting under the president’s skin might turn out to be a good long-term political strategy.
    “What if Trump can’t come out of bed for four days? That could happen,” Skolnik said

edit - link https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-protesters-plan-to-get-under-trumps-skin-wherever-he-goes/2017/02/04/32059b9c-ea45-11e6-b82f-687d6e6a3e7c_story.html?utm_term=.c93e7a034b6f

Stop being a troll. You say things you must know to be false just to start an argument. It's stupid.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

I spent the morning collecting ballot petition signatures from identified "strong or leaning Democrats" in my precinct for two candidates running for state office in November. Even though we have no doubt we could have easily gotten the signatures otherwise, we used the petition as a reason to knock on people's doors and remind them there is an election in Virginia every year. Our goal is to increase voter turnout in off-year elections, and we are canvassing every single weekend this month to get started on the effort. Today, everyone I spoke to was friendly toward having me knock on their door on a Saturday morning and expressed gratitude toward my effort. Two people extended a desire to volunteer in the future.

Also today, two of our local Democratic state delegates had a town hall meeting and packed the house. I couldn't attend because I was out in the damned cold talking to neighbors, but reports indicate that citizens are concerned about state issues, or they would not have attended the town hall.

I think it would be foolish to assume that going forward, Democrats are going to make the same mistakes. It's not going to be a perfect about-face, but at the grassroots level, people know what is at stake, and I personally am witnessing in the flesh movement in a positive direction.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

Wow.

Stop being a troll. You say things you must know to be false just to start an argument. It's stupid.
    I just posted an article, is it false?
    No sir, I am not a troll.
    Can you please explain how anything this Michael guy says is acceptable?

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

I spent the morning collecting ballot petition signatures from identified "strong or leaning Democrats" in my precinct for two candidates running for state office in November. Even though we have no doubt we could have easily gotten the signatures otherwise, we used the petition as a reason to knock on people's doors and remind them there is an election in Virginia every year. Our goal is to increase voter turnout in off-year elections, and we are canvassing every single weekend this month to get started on the effort. Today, everyone I spoke to was friendly toward having me knock on their door on a Saturday morning and expressed gratitude toward my effort. Two people extended a desire to volunteer in the future.

Also today, two of our local Democratic state delegates had a town hall meeting and packed the house. I couldn't attend because I was out in the damned cold talking to neighbors, but reports indicate that citizens are concerned about state issues, or they would not have attended the town hall.

I think it would be foolish to assume that going forward, Democrats are going to make the same mistakes. It's not going to be a perfect about-face, but at the grassroots level, people know what is at stake, and I personally am witnessing in the flesh movement in a positive direction.
    Thank you. I spent last week laying into Dave Brat because he's a cretin and can't put together a coherent sentence in public. That was my community service. Then my daughter's friend's mother gave him an earful about healthcare and he complained later in the day about how a woman "got in his grill" and he thinks she was a paid protester. He's such a dipshit. Fortunately the Times-Dispatch picked up on the whole thing and laid into him.

mrussel1 said:

Wow.

I have not interest in reading your article, but your preamble was the trolling. "President Trump would never do this to others"... okay right because he is the personification of Jesus's Golden Rule.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

Thank you. I spent last week laying into Dave Brat because he's a cretin and can't put together a coherent sentence in public. That was my community service. Then my daughter's friend's mother gave him an earful about healthcare and he complained later in the day about how a woman "got in his grill" and he thinks she was a paid protester. He's such a dipshit. Fortunately the Times-Dispatch picked up on the whole thing and laid into him.
    I saw that "women in my grill" report. Let's continue to unnerve them all.
  • mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Wow.

I have not interest in reading your article, but your preamble was the trolling. "President Trump would never do this to others"... okay right because he is the personification of Jesus's Golden Rule.
    No interest in reading an article?
    Which ones do you prefer?, maybe ones about how Hillary could have won?
    edited February 2017
    mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

... because your party is doing SOOOO well. LMFAO
    Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

... because your party is doing SOOOO well. LMFAO
    In my voting life, Democrats have held the Oval Office 16 out 24 years. Can you say the same.. can you say one year? More than one Federal office? Can you say anything that has any merit or that you didn't just read 5 minutes ago on Reddit? Prolly not. Carry on.

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

Wow.

No interest in reading an article?
    Which ones do you prefer?, maybe ones about how Hillary could have won?
    No, just things that you don't post.

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

Free said:

I saw that "women in my grill" report. Let's continue to unnerve them all.
    And he is such a fucking liar. He knows damn well she was a constituent. We were all judging a "We the People" contest at Glen Allen HS, in the middle of the district. There were no protesters. We didn't even know that he was going to show up.