Springsteen at Australia Concert: 'We Stand Before You Embarrassed Americans'

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Ship em my way homie!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Bibliography: The Book of Duh. Common Knowledge Press (Time Immemorial).

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    PP193448 said:

You better get ready to delete your Lady Gaga music from your iPhone after the halftime show on Sunday...

Btw. My niece told me an interesting thing about Lady Gaga awhile back. How do you wake her up from sleeping... poker face.

gaga claims she wont do anything political on SB sunday, says she all about love and peace, not politic
    truthfully yours
    little monster
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

mace1229 said:

I prefer Bob Seger over Bruce anyway.

Me too
    Hey, don't forget that there's always 3 Doors Down and Toby Keith if all else fails.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JC29856 said:

Wait a second! Bruce is liberal??? BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN!?!?! Christ. I thought I knew him. I guess I'll just go back over his 40 year catalog and see if there's any sign of this before him touring in Australia! Certainly not Nebraska, Born in the USA or Devil's and Dust. Definitely not the Magic record or Wrecking Ball. Man, I bet that prick would even write a song about innocent life being taken by a police officer.

I can see why you're so angry. You had no idea this was coming. Who could have seen this coming.

curious, where does youngstown fall on the liberal conservative spectrum? depending on the answer I might have to start not liking it
    I've always taken Youngstown to be almost like another chapter to the Born in the USA song. Good, hardworking people who served their country for generations being unable to get ahead after coming back.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

Wait a second! Bruce is liberal??? BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN!?!?! Christ. I thought I knew him. I guess I'll just go back over his 40 year catalog and see if there's any sign of this before him touring in Australia! Certainly not Nebraska, Born in the USA or Devil's and Dust. Definitely not the Magic record or Wrecking Ball. Man, I bet that prick would even write a song about innocent life being taken by a police officer.

I can see why you're so angry. You had no idea this was coming. Who could have seen this coming.

curious, where does youngstown fall on the liberal conservative spectrum? depending on the answer I might have to start not liking it
    I've always taken Youngstown to be almost like another chapter to the Born in the USA song. Good, hardworking people who served their country for generations being unable to get ahead after coming back.
    Always liked this lyric... "Once I made you rich enough/Rich enough to forget my name."
    Today I would apply it to the relationship between us citizens and our representatives, top to bottom.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

It is a shock to us all man. You are not alone.
  • OP
    You've joined AMT...ah,ah,ah
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Bruce: American Hero
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    dankind said:

Bibliography: The Book of Duh. Common Knowledge Press (Time Immemorial).

Ha! You made me laugh.
  • I cant wait for the next tour so I can laugh about all the Trumpsters upset that Eddie spoke his mind and exercised his freedom of speech. I don't think he'll be silent the next time out. Heck, maybe my membership number will get me really close because the Trumpsters will stay home?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    There is nothing any of you could say that would hurt MY feelings. I am an adult with MY own opinions. I like that the United States is supposedly a land where free speech is allowed/encouraged. I would never say I was embarrassed to be an American. That is down-right un-patriotic. Bruce can go piss up a rope....
  • There is nothing any of you could say that would hurt MY feelings. I am an adult with MY own opinions. I like that the United States is supposedly a land where free speech is allowed/encouraged. I would never say I was embarrassed to be an American. That is down-right un-patriotic. Bruce can go piss up a rope....

And your thoughts and beliefs are why President Trump governs you now.

There is nothing any of you could say that would hurt MY feelings. I am an adult with MY own opinions. I like that the United States is supposedly a land where free speech is allowed/encouraged. I would never say I was embarrassed to be an American. That is down-right un-patriotic. Bruce can go piss up a rope....

And your thoughts and beliefs are why President Trump governs you now.
    Let me guess, you are one of those #notmypresident people?
  • ^^^
    Wow,
    You are actually new here and not a lurker w/ alternate names.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586

So since trump doesn't encouraged free speech, what do you think about that?
  • There is nothing any of you could say that would hurt MY feelings. I am an adult with MY own opinions. I like that the United States is supposedly a land where free speech is allowed/encouraged. I would never say I was embarrassed to be an American. That is down-right un-patriotic. Bruce can go piss up a rope....

And Bruce, an American as well, has HIS own opinion 'in a land where free speech is encouraged'.

I think you meant to say free speech that echoes your values is encouraged.

He couldn't give two shits what you think about him.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

Hey man, I'll say it. I'm embarrassed by this president and I don't give a damn if that makes you question my patriotism. I know that I love my country deeply and that I'm fortunate to been born here. But part of being patriotic is calling out bullshit when you see it. Sorry that you're so in love with America that you don't see the flaws.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess you weren't always behind President Obama 100%... but I'm sure you were still a patriot in your eyes.

Hey man, I'll say it. I'm embarrassed by this president and I don't give a damn if that makes you question my patriotism. I know that I love my country deeply and that I'm fortunate to been born here. But part of being patriotic is calling out bullshit when you see it. Sorry that you're so in love with America that you don't see the flaws.

I'm just going to go out on a limb and guess you weren't always behind President Obama 100%... but I'm sure you were still a patriot in your eyes.
    I moved to Europe for the last 2 years of Obamas term. I didn't agree with much of what he did, but I kept my thoughts to myself and definitely didn't bash others when stated they supported him. I suggest Trump dissenters try some civility as well....
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586

I moved to Europe for the last 2 years of Obamas term. I didn't agree with much of what he did, but I kept my thoughts to myself and definitely didn't bash others when stated they supported him. I suggest Trump dissenters try some civility as well....
    Because we all know Obama is to the right what trump is to the left!! trump gets heat, not just because he act like a entitled 13 year old bully, but because we love our country and the values it embodies. trump is taking a dump on these values.
  • Just because you chose one form of freedom of speech, don't bash those who choose to voice theirs in another manner.
    I can assure you Bruce Springsteen loves this country and would not speak up if he were not fearful for what he sees happening now.

Because we all know Obama is to the right what trump is to the left!! trump gets heat, not just because he act like a entitled 13 year old bully, but because we love our country and the values it embodies. trump is taking a dump on these values.
    The people spoke...

The people spoke...
    ... and betrayed their ignorance.

Just because you chose one form of freedom of speech, don't bash those who choose to voice theirs in another manner.
    I can assure you Bruce Springsteen loves this country and would not speak up if he were not fearful for what he sees happening now.

Bruce just should have said he was upset that Trump was elected - I would never say he was an embarrassed American.
  • Just because you chose one form of freedom of speech, don't bash those who choose to voice theirs in another manner.

Bruce just should have said he was upset that Trump was elected - I would never say he was an embarrassed American.
    Bruce is embarrassed. Are you saying 'don't speak freely'?

Just because you chose one form of freedom of speech, don't bash those who choose to voice theirs in another manner.

Nope - just that he should use different words.

Obviously you're not grasping the "free" part of "free speech".

Free =\= your perception of an issue
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I know I'm embarrassed...

Obviously you're not grasping the "free" part of "free speech".

Free =\= your perception of an issue
    Just wasn't smart on his part - just alienated a large part of his fanbase....