Steve Bannon

Comments

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

I can see this dude just disappearing off the face of the earth one day.

I wish it were today. Seriously, he deserves the same treatment Richard Spencer deserves. Both are domestic terrorists.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

JC29856 said:

Because I see the word Nazi thrown around on here so often, I wonder what do those that use the term really mean? Anyone? What do modern day Nazis here on the homeland stand for and believe in? Are Nazis and Nazi sympathizers so prelivant that they tipped the election to Trump?

Here is something I found
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/12/14/sure-call-trump-a-nazi-just-make-sure-you-know-what-youre-talking-about/

I also see reference made to fear, you voted based on fear, your controlled by fear, fear fear fear. Do those that refer to fear believe that voters chose trump not because they fear their immediate future, their jobs (if they have one) their costs to live, food clothing shelter, healthcare, their retirement, and etc but instead they fear Mexicans and Muslims? Is that what the fear point is based on, Mexicans and Muslims, not living pay check to pay check and not having a dime saved for an emergency.

The election wasn't about people's economic situation. The economy was ranked pretty low on people's list of concerns, but that reason has been thrown out there post-election as a way to come to terms with the fact that people voted an authoritarian bigot as president.
    when Im asked about the economy, my paycheck and my monthly bills don't come to mind. Maybe thats just me but if someone asked you how is the economy, would you based your answer on your personal economic situation, your personal income and expenses? i wouldn't
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601
    People ranking the economy low on the list of concerns is a sure sign we are in a bull market.

And JC, I do think most average people judge the economy based on their personal situation and those people they are close to. Most are not reading unemployment #'s and GDP growth.
    He reminds me of Rasputin.

And I'm surprised no one has commented on this information (that I can see after scanning...)

Trump removes the DIA and Joint Chiefs chairman from the National Security Counsel and adds in Bannon... To call that unusual would be overly generous. I call it dangerous.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/susan-rice-steve-bannon/index.html
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:

And I'm surprised no one has commented on this information (that I can see after scanning...)

Trump removes the DIA and Joint Chiefs chairman from the National Security Counsel and adds in Bannon... To call that unusual would be overly generous. I call it dangerous.

Pretty sure it is being talked about in the Trump thread. I'm with Rice on this, sounds nuts.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

Because I see the word Nazi thrown around on here so often, I wonder what do those that use the term really mean? Anyone? What do modern day Nazis here on the homeland stand for and believe in? Are Nazis and Nazi sympathizers so prelivant that they tipped the election to Trump?

Here is something I found
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/12/14/sure-call-trump-a-nazi-just-make-sure-you-know-what-youre-talking-about/

I also see reference made to fear, you voted based on fear, your controlled by fear, fear fear fear. Do those that refer to fear believe that voters chose trump not because they fear their immediate future, their jobs (if they have one) their costs to live, food clothing shelter, healthcare, their retirement, and etc but instead they fear Mexicans and Muslims? Is that what the fear point is based on, Mexicans and Muslims, not living pay check to pay check and not having a dime saved for an emergency.

The election wasn't about people's economic situation. The economy was ranked pretty low on people's list of concerns, but that reason has been thrown out there post-election as a way to come to terms with the fact that people voted an authoritarian bigot as president.
    when Im asked about the economy, my paycheck and my monthly bills don't come to mind. Maybe thats just me but if someone asked you how is the economy, would you based your answer on your personal economic situation, your personal income and expenses? i wouldn't
    The question is asked open ended. Point is, trump winning wasn't because of people's economic concerns.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mrussel1 said:

I think this is the scariest thing Trump has done to date, and we're less than a dozen days in. NSC deals with some heavy shit, like approving assassinations of "enemies of the state", including US citizens. So removing experienced intelligence and military voices from the counsel and replacing them with a white nationalist who I'm sure sees most people of color as enemies of the state seems extremely reckless.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

I think this is the scariest thing Trump has done to date, and we're less than a dozen days in. NSC deals with some heavy shit, like approving assassinations of "enemies of the state", including US citizens. So removing experienced intelligence and military voices from the counsel and replacing them with a white nationalist who I'm sure sees most people of color as enemies of the state seems extremely reckless.
    Don't worry though, Rex Tillerson will be in the meetings, he was an Eagle Scout, so it's all good!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    jeffbr said:

mrussel1 said:

When does Madonna mysteriously die from natural causes. She's an enemy of the state and so is half of the American people according to Trump's tweet a few weeks back.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    mrussel1 said:

People ranking the economy low on the list of concerns is a sure sign we are in a bull market.

And JC, I do think most average people judge the economy based on their personal situation and those people they are close to. Most are not reading unemployment #'s and GDP growth.

Okay, we are of differing opinions, althou I probably wouldnt look to GPD either if asked about the economy. I wouldn't judge the economy on my personal situation or others around me thou either. Ask me how the economy is doing, I say shitty, too many people un and under-employed, americans have very little discretionary income and an abundance of debt, few own their homes and cars, and cant afford healthcare and education (college specifically) which may be in stark contrast to me personally.
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

Okay, we are of differing opinions, althou I probably wouldnt look to GPD either if asked about the economy. I wouldn't judge the economy on my personal situation or others around me thou either. Ask me how the economy is doing, I say shitty, too many people un and under-employed, americans have very little discretionary income and an abundance of debt, few own their homes and cars, and cant afford healthcare and education (college specifically) which may be in stark contrast to me personally.
    But how have you acquired the information that too many people are unemployed or under-employed? Is that from discussion with your peers and family or is it looking at statistical information?
  • 25 hedge fund managers earn more than all the kindergarten teachers in the US combined. Trump's cabinet of millionaires and billionaires will surely understand this dynamic and work to fix it. For the hedge fund managers.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

25 hedge fund managers earn more than all the kindergarten teachers in the US combined. Trump's cabinet of millionaires and billionaires will surely understand this dynamic and work to fix it. For the hedge fund managers.

Yes.. they won't sleep until the it's down to 15 hedge managers OR Kindergarten and 1st grade combined. Either would be acceptable.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

But how have you acquired the information that too many people are unemployed or under-employed? Is that from discussion with your peers and family or is it looking at statistical information?
    Are you asking if I specifically look up statistical information to formulate an opinion on the economy, no and I doubt anyone else does either. To answer your question likely both, of course people look around. I believe that most dont grade the economy on their personal situations, at least I don't. Interesting discussion thou, I would like to hear from others.

25 hedge fund managers earn more than all the kindergarten teachers in the US combined. Trump's cabinet of millionaires and billionaires will surely understand this dynamic and work to fix it. For the hedge fund managers.

Carried interest loophole was discussed between Hilliary and Trump, I guess we will wait and see if this is ever addressed.
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

Are you asking if I specifically look up statistical information to formulate an opinion on the economy, no and I doubt anyone else does either. To answer your question likely both, of course people look around. I believe that most dont grade the economy on their personal situations, at least I don't. Interesting discussion thou, I would like to hear from others.
    I read the stats so I understand the macro conditions. I watch (and play) the market. My job is heavily tied to employment numbers and to the housing market (last two years have been fantastic). I also talk to people, friends and family. It's all of those things that inform me.
    I can tell you I have a hard time finding people with college educations in their 20's to fill roles. We start at about 45k and I have my team recruit from the local state university. It's difficult to get people in. There is a fair amount of competition for jobs if you have a college degree today.
    mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

I read the stats so I understand the macro conditions. I watch (and play) the market. My job is heavily tied to employment numbers and to the housing market (last two years have been fantastic). I also talk to people, friends and family. It's all of those things that inform me.
    I can tell you I have a hard time finding people with college educations in their 20's to fill roles. We start at about 45k and I have my team recruit from the local state university. It's difficult to get people in. There is a fair amount of competition for jobs if you have a college degree today.
    and your grade on the "economy" on scale of 1 to 10, 1 being real shitty and 10 be absolutely fantastic? I'm sitting 4 bordering 3.
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

and your grade on the "economy" on scale of 1 to 10, 1 being real shitty and 10 be absolutely fantastic? I'm sitting 4 bordering 3.
    No way.. 1 is the Great Depression. 3-4 was probably the Recession of 08. I don't know what fantastic is, but we are just about at full employment right now. If the mid 90's was an 9, then we are 7+ right now. Humming along... except for today when Trump's erratic weekend is giving everyone jitters, especially tech stocks.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

Gallup tracks individuals and their take on the economy over time, both with their personal situation and perception of the larger economy. It's really interesting info and I encourage you to check it out.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    edited January 2017
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

Seriously???

Too many GMO's and too much populist alt-media.
    4 bordering 3, that's ludicrous.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    rgambs said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

JC29856 said:

mrussel1 said:

Seriously???

Too many GMO's and too much populist alt-media.
    4 bordering 3, that's ludicrous.
    That would mean it was a -4 in '08. He must have a different bell curve.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    the manipulation without cocaine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf_Yj5XxUE0
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-01-31/steve-bannon-on-national-security-council-may-require-senate-confirmation

Just need all democrats to vote no and 3 republicans to agree. Too bad the latter is so in love with him especially Ryan and turtle Nazi.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-01-31/steve-bannon-on-national-security-council-may-require-senate-confirmation

Just need all democrats to vote no and 3 republicans to agree. Too bad the latter is so in love with him especially Ryan and turtle Nazi.

Great names for both of those two spineless humans specially Ryan and McConnell they are cowards !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769

Is this image being tweeted and retweeted? I sure hope so.
    Falling down,...not staying down

• fb.jpg 143.5K
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Great guy right , I'm sure his religion is the only one he considers legit !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....