We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73
    edited January 2017
    rummy said:

nicknyr15 said:

I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

You're never alone, Nick. Plus, you've got a wife that will actually go to PJ shows...no wait, travel long distances to see Pearl Jam shows with you.

In all seriousness, I get and agree with what you are saying. I would gather we up here in Canada don't get quite as many/long rants from EV as our good neighbours to the south but I've listened to the bootlegs. Plus as a U2 fan as well, I've been to a show or two that has gone a bit off the rails due to Bono's excessive speeches/preaches.
    That rant during Betterman night 2 in TO was a doozy though even though it wasn't political lol.
    Post edited by Holland on
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Holland said:

rummy said:

nicknyr15 said:

You're never alone, Nick. Plus, you've got a wife that will actually go to PJ shows...no wait, travel long distances to see Pearl Jam shows with you.

In all seriousness, I get and agree with what you are saying. I would gather we up here in Canada don't get quite as many/long rants from EV as our good neighbours to the south but I've listened to the bootlegs. Plus as a U2 fan as well, I've been to a show or two that has gone a bit off the rails due to Bono's excessive speeches/preaches.
    That rant during Betterman night 2 in TO was a doozy though even though it wasn't political lol.
    Very good point...he sure did go one for a while with that one....Somewhat odd for him to "celebrate" the fact that someone was dead (even though that cabby did indeed sound like an ass).
  • Options
    Toronto 2 was an awesome bootleg and it was a real good Betterman rendition. I love Eddie's passion but the rant really hurt a really good Betterman track.
  • Options
    i dunno i loved ed's rant on that TO betterman. it didn't hurt the song at all for me. i've heard and seen that song more than a ton of times and LOVED it and i also very much welcomed the step out of the box and be in the moment experience. real passion and fire. it's what makes them a great band. expect anything ! and don't piss off ed !. ;)
  • Options
    monkeyphoenixmonkeyphoenix London Posts: 27
    I think I'm so desperate for a pearl jam gig right now that I would take a solid 3 hours of Ed ranting!
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    edited January 2017

i dunno i loved ed's rant on that TO betterman. it didn't hurt the song at all for me. i've heard and seen that song more than a ton of times and LOVED it and i also very much welcomed the step out of the box and be in the moment experience. real passion and fire. it's what makes them a great band. expect anything ! and don't piss off ed !. ;)

It can be interesting to witness these rants in the moment or even listen to them for the first time on a bootleg. However, it get a bit tough to listen to them afterwards - especially when they're in the middle of a song.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Political Pearl Jam does thin the 10C member herd a bit. I like that PJ (to an extent).
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    rummy said:

nicknyr15 said:

I think it was Vancouver '03, where Eddie brought the George W. mask out of retirement (basically impaled it on the microphone stand). I think it had been hidden away after that event in the US where they almost got boo'd of the stage, but he brought it back in Canada, because well.... not alot of us were George W. fans... :) I think sometimes we get some good rants in Vancouver because were so close to the US, but as a country we probably lean more towards the bands points of view.
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    Really felt like this past tour Ed was very careful with his rants. In such a heated political climate (the worst and most hate-filled) in my life time, it was interesting seeing Ed not rant as much. At Fenway 1 he even apologized for bringing Trump's name up - fearing he'd divide everyone.

My take is that the band realizes how the country has become so divided with this election season/ aftermath that they don't want to help in dividing it even more.

(I'm about the regret hitting 'post comment'). Let's get a rumor so this doesn't turn into a hate-filled political forum. :)
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Zod said:

rummy said:

nicknyr15 said:

I think it was Vancouver '03, where Eddie brought the George W. mask out of retirement (basically impaled it on the microphone stand). I think it had been hidden away after that event in the US where they almost got boo'd of the stage, but he brought it back in Canada, because well.... not alot of us were George W. fans... :) I think sometimes we get some good rants in Vancouver because were so close to the US, but as a country we probably lean more towards the bands points of view.
    was at that show. I believe it was a Bill Gates mask. I think he broke out various masks that tour.
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Completely understand keeping a rock show fun

But the energy in the air at the 2004 VFC shows was awesome!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    maybe we'll hear something on 2/10/2017?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I can't remember the last time the 10th came out with anything that was fruitful tourwise. :angry:
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Tours are never announced in the newsletter anyway.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Holland said:

I can't remember the last time the 10th came out with anything that was fruitful tourwise. :angry:

CopperTom said:

Tours are never announced in the newsletter anyway.

I know....just wishful thinking
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Hey I am with ya. Hope you are right, though I doubt we hear anything until after the RRHOF.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Maybe they're waiting for the RnRHOF tickets to sell out before they announce a tour? Hopefully?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    It would be great if we could just get the standard message to make sure everyone's memberships are up to date on the 10th so we know something is in the works.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    It would be awful sneaky of them if they left a lot of space underneath of the RRHOF..
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    edited January 2017
    New updated pics on Facebook. Usually when a band does this, it means there's an announcement coming soon.
    Or maybe I'm just trying to be optimistic.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740

New updated pics on Facebook. Usually when a band does this, it means there's an announcement coming soon.

I am dissecting ever last thing they are doing these days. Do they not update their profile and pic very often and if they did when was the last time?
  • Options
    dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    Not really. The last time they updated their profile pic was more than year ago..
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 67

January 19, 2016 was last picture update, day that tour announcement went public. I guess we can all hope and pray...
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • Options
    BRWilly said:

January 19, 2016 was last picture update, day that tour announcement went public. I guess we can all hope and pray...

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    More rumors
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630

More rumors

Not even...lol
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    Fingers crossed!! Summer tour please!!!!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    PJNB said:

BRWilly said:

Don't get my hopes up!!!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    edited January 2017

PJNB said:

BRWilly said:

Don't get my hopes up!!!
    Haha sorry I got a little excited and may have jumped the gun on that one. I have no regrets!
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    The Gorge this summer would be nice. Good reason to get outta town for awhile.