Boycott American goods - everyone outside the US

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Just wondering: if Pearl Jam played a show in your country this year would you boycott them since they are an American product? (Not trying to be a dick)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    mcgruff10 said:

Just wondering: if Pearl Jam played a show in your country this year would you boycott them since they are an American product? (Not trying to be a dick)

mcgruff10 said:

I won't boycott them if they come to Canada:)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I think I'll join in and start boycotting Mexican goods as well. I can grow chili peppers in my own garden. No need to buy a vehicle at this point...think I'm good on most everything else.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    chili peppers die when the temperature gets below freezing. doesn't happen often in Mexico.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    vaggar99 said:

chili peppers die when the temperature gets below freezing. doesn't happen often in Mexico.

I am seeing the Chili Peppers next saturday
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:

I think I'll join in and start boycotting Mexican goods as well. I can grow chili peppers in my own garden. No need to buy a vehicle at this point...think I'm good on most everything else.

If you are a serious gardener or even consumer, you know that almost all of our out of season produce is from Mexico, and it is no laughing matter.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    vaggar99 said:

All good, I preserve those that I grow so I have enough year round. Now that I think about it, there's not a hell of a lot I buy from Mexico anyways!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yep I'll go PJ shows even more now believe me Ed won't be quiet nobody likes Bafoon here except a few posters !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

All good, I preserve those that I grow so I have enough year round. Now that I think about it, there's not a hell of a lot I buy from Mexico anyways!
    you're a better gardener than me then. i don't get that kind of yield. my harvest's could barely supply a family of 1...hahahah
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJPOWER said:

What did Mexico do to you?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I'm boycotting Lucky Charms. This thread is dumb.

Fuck House of Pain.
    vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

you're a better gardener than me then. i don't get that kind of yield. my harvest's could barely supply a family of 1...hahahah
    I have quite a large garden :)
    Uber app/acct deleted. Lyft app added.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    vaggar99 said:

Uber app/acct deleted. Lyft app added.

What did Uber do?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    boycott uber, use lyft instead.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    vaggar99 said:

if you want to target actual American products, you'll have to be more specific because there isnt much out there. Perhaps US manufactured automobiles?

very few if any are purely American built with all parts sourced here. Most rely on parts made elsewhere. And then final assembly is done here.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Not all American companies support Trump. Wake the hell up. That would be like boycotting all British companies because of Brexit even though not everyone agrees with it. Don't lump all of us in with the Breitbart assholes that are raping my country.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Not all American companies support Trump. Wake the hell up. That would be like boycotting all British companies because of Brexit even though not everyone agrees with it. Don't lump all of us in with the Breitbart assholes that are raping my country.

How did you feel about PJ canceling their concert this summer? Same thing, that's how boycotts work.
  • ^^^
    Good point. They should go all out and not tour until President Trump is out of office.
    That will show him.
    ^^
    good idea..now you're an activist
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    ^^^
    I'm going to organize a march to demand that PJ does not tour or make another album until President Trump is out of office.
    It will be a big march, a huge march a great march.
    I will be behind the greatest march ever, believe me.
    It starts now.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

^^^
    Good point. They should go all out and not tour until President Trump is out of office.
    That will show him.

This would explain why no new shows were announced.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    BS44325 said:

^^^
    That will show him.

This would explain why no new shows were announced.
    As much as I support the effort, if they come do another Canadian tour I'm going to see a few shows.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    um, how is boycotting american goods going to do any harm to trump? if you think he gives a sweet fuck about the economy, you are sadly mistaken.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10 said:

Yeah, only saw them 3 times and 2 of those were bad, so I wouldn't be bothered going to see them again anyway.
  • Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 519
    edited January 2017

um, how is boycotting american goods going to do any harm to trump? if you think he gives a sweet fuck about the economy, you are sadly mistaken.

In short the "Jobs for America" thing means he wants to take all the tech and pharma jobs out of Europe and put them in the rust belt. No economist thinks this is going to work.
    If he did remove all of these well established industries in Europe by heavily taxing them, the place would fall apart and there would have to be some retaliation/repercussion for these actions in the form of heavily taxing US goods or some other means. Leave well enough alone.
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on

i'm okay with the Uber boycott. unethical company.
  • Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 519
    edited January 2017
    Annafalk said:

As hard as it sounds, please stand up to this bullying by the US president- shop local, buy local, try only buy things made outside of the US

Stop embarrassing yourself, Americans are friendly and cool people, I don't want to boycott them.
    Yes, I love Donald Trump and his racism. It's very friendly.
    "Americans are cool and friendly people" What a huge generalisation.

This is not a 'friendly and cool people' issue. I have nothing against Americans themselves, just against their leader who is all set on spreading hatred, fear and economic ruin throughout the world. I'm not embarrassed at all. Educate yourself - it sounds like you have had your head in the sand for the last week!
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on