WTF Podcast with Marc Maron

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    mickeyrat said:

Couric was great.

"Well I could tell you about my heroin addiction"

She seems like good people.

Yes, very much the same as on the today show. A what you see is what you get kinda person.
    That Schumer story to finish was great!!!!
    Maybe it was the mood that I was in, but I didn't really enjoy this interview. I found it kind of boring at times. I wanted her to open up more.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    LukinFan said:

mickeyrat said:

Couric was great.

Yes, very much the same as on the today show. A what you see is what you get kinda person.
    Maybe it was the mood that I was in, but I didn't really enjoy this interview. I found it kind of boring at times. I wanted her to open up more.
    Aw, man. I guess I didn't know much about her, so I guess I found her pretty open and the whole thing pretty interesting
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422

LukinFan said:

mickeyrat said:

Couric was great.

Aw, man. I guess I didn't know much about her, so I guess I found her pretty open and the whole thing pretty interesting
    to be fair though Marc stayed primarily on her work. to the point she said something like " oh more about my career, thats kinda boring".
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

LukinFan said:

mickeyrat said:

Couric was great.

to be fair though Marc stayed primarily on her work. to the point she said something like " oh more about my career, thats kinda boring".
    That's fair and she didn't seem terribly interested in talking about her career. That said, I had no clue about her first husband and found it incredibly impressive she has been so successful while/after going through something so tragic
    The Margo Price conversation was great. I've never heard of her, but I think I'll check out her new album.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
    enjoyed him and bobby kelly - puking up soup ;)
    David Crosby...

"Who's the idiot that Kanye West married?" hahaha

David Crosby...

"Who's the idiot that Kanye West married?" hahaha

I'm starting that one tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I bet he has some great stories.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Good stuff from Casey affleck. Expected him to be a dick for some reason
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    LukinFan said:

The Margo Price conversation was great. I've never heard of her, but I think I'll check out her new album.

This was an awesome interview. Midwest Farmer's Daughter kicks ass.
    The Derek Trucks interview from last week was awesome.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:

This was an awesome interview. Midwest Farmer's Daughter kicks ass.
    Great album - I agree!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Good stuff from Casey affleck. Expected him to be a dick for some reason

I did too - and it sounded like Maron did as well. Great interview though.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• funk2funkyfunk2funky Posts: 66
    edited December 2016
    I listened to the one with Gene Ween a few months back. I think it was right before he originally left Ween. Good stuff.
    This will only take a while
    LukinFan said:

The Derek Trucks interview from last week was awesome.

Got a bit backed up with the holiday. Listened to this today and thought it was great. Have seen trucks a few times with his band and the allmans, but have never heard him speak at length until this
    Solid interview; listening to the David Bromberg one now, and he said he'll have Springsteen on Monday.

Solid interview; listening to the David Bromberg one now, and he said he'll have Springsteen on Monday.

Nice! He really needs to get someone in from PJ. I think Mike would make a great conversation.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:

Nice! He really needs to get someone in from PJ. I think Mike would make a great conversation.
    when he said he had business in Jersey I figured he was sitting down with The Boss.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    The last half of the Bruce interview is definitely worth it.

Half way through. So many daddy issues so far...

Yeah, I kind of had enough of Bruce and his "Daddy said for me to get a job; didn't love me" shtick. But conversation about mental illness, and of course Fuck Face taking office, I think are the good parts.

Yeah, I kind of had enough of Bruce and his "Daddy said for me to get a job; didn't love me" shtick. But conversation about mental illness, and of course Fuck Face taking office, I think are the good parts.
    Yeah, good stuff. And if maron gets a daddy issue opening, you know he's running with it. Good stuff overall.
    James Hetfield on today - come on, he can get Vedder in there too! Maybe when they have a new album to promote?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Yeah, good stuff. And if maron gets a daddy issue opening, you know he's running with it. Good stuff overall.
    Hetfield gave him the answer too today.

mickeyrat said:

I'm behind, but plan on getting caught up this week. I still have the last 30-40 min left of the Springsteen episode. I'm looking forward to this one though.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Anyone going to see Maron on this tour? Saw him in a small club a few years ago and was great. Not sure if I am going to be able to catch the show in Philly as the date isn't great for me, but we'll see.
    LukinFan said:

mickeyrat said:

I'm behind, but plan on getting caught up this week. I still have the last 30-40 min left of the Springsteen episode. I'm looking forward to this one though.
    James was certainly open, but my take away was this wasnt one of Marcs better talks from his end. Maybe I was just tired.

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    mickeyrat said:

LukinFan said:

mickeyrat said:

James was certainly open, but my take away was this wasnt one of Marcs better talks from his end. Maybe I was just tired.
    I agree, and maybe it had to do with Marc not being familiar with the complete catalog/history of Metallica. I really enjoyed Hetfield though.

Anyone going to see Maron on this tour? Saw him in a small club a few years ago and was great. Not sure if I am going to be able to catch the show in Philly as the date isn't great for me, but we'll see.

I'm seeing him to two weeks - pretty damn stoked
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

I saw Maron do standup this past Tuesday - he was hilarious. You could tell he was trying out a few jokes with the crowd- mainly toward the end. He was great though. Talked for about 1:30-1:45.

If he's coming near you on his current tour, I highly recommend.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com