Milo Yinnoppoulos UW event riots

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
As an open minded independent myself and my girlfriend wanted to see Milo at UW in Seattle this weekend. In line I got to meet a lot of trump supporters who had traveled from all over to see Milo. People grew tired because the line was 4 hours of waiting.

They haven't seen anything until they wait in line for the rail at a PJ show I kept thinking.

Anyways, these people were all good people. I didn't meet any racists or hate filled people in this line. An hour before the event started people dressed in all black surrounded the line, pushing their way into us, trying to break everyone apart. A few hundred of these people came wearing masks.

My girlfriend and I got pushed to the front of the line where these people had formed a wall to block anyone from getting inside. The "anti-trump" people had pepper spray and were spraying Milo fans in the face. They had sharpened sticks that they jabbed into people's ribs who wore trump garb.

Eventually a massive push from behind made me knock over the "anti-trump" people. I covered my girlfriend and pleaded to a riot officer to help me get her to safety, so he let us into the building.

As we sat in the lecture hall, the rioters grew in numbers and police wouldn't allow anyone else inside, so only Half the seats were filled. The rioters, threw bricks, rocks, and paint at people, and even beat up a teen boy in a trump hat.

Half way through Milo's speech a person in attendance yelled out someone had been shot outside. Milo haulted the show and left. He returned to confirm the shooting, and decided to finish his speech. At the end, Seattle PD chief came in and put us in lock down. After about 30 minutes they evacuated us out through and underground route.

It was horrifying. These rioters are terrorists and have violent intentions and I witnessed it first hand. And in an ironic twist, all of the trump supporters were peaceful and gracious.

This was my story as an independent who voted for neither major party. I thought I would share for people who read about it.

I love peaceful protest, but hate violence.

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    So a white guy goes to see a racist speak and claims no one who came to hear him was a racist? I suppose you brought your racist detector to come to your conclusion? Seriously, why did you post this?
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128

So a white guy goes to see a racist speak and claims no one who came to hear him was a racist? I suppose you brought your racist detector to come to your conclusion? Seriously, why did you post this?

To give a first hand account of what I personally saw

I find Milo to be more aggressive satire than a racist. He is dating a black guy
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Glad you & girlfriend are safe .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425

exactly what i was thinking. Milo is naive. Or, perhaps his self hatred comes from knowing that he is being used by Steve Bannon like a cheap prostitute?
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    vaggar99 said:

exactly what i was thinking. Milo is naive. Or, perhaps his self hatred comes from knowing that he is being used by Steve Bannon like a cheap prostitute?
    And this gives people the right to violently attack attendees at an event? He is exercising first amendment rights, the rioters are breaking the law and are outside of their constitutionally protected rights when they turn violent.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The #resistance is facist
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

And this gives people the right to violently attack attendees at an event? He is exercising first amendment rights, the rioters are breaking the law and are outside of their constitutionally protected rights when they turn violent.
    it sure does not. i was just talking about Milo in a general sense. i could have written the same thing a month ago
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    edited January 2017
    So just to be clear....

You're an "open minded independent " yet you spent hours in line because you wanted to see and hear, and in doing so, support a closed minded preacher of fear, hate, and ignorance?

Got it
    riley540 said:

I find Milo to be more aggressive satire than a racist. He is dating a black guy
    I'm still wondering how you knew the people in line weren't racist.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    To hell with Uncle Milo. Any gay man who is okay with Mike Pence in charge is a freaking moron.

To hell with Uncle Milo. Any gay man who is okay with Mike Pence in charge is a freaking moron.

you can see the conflict and self loathing in his face and eyes
  • The masked protesters are idiots.

They weren't the only ones though. Why pay attention to such drivel and make people like this any more relevant than they need to be?

But the masked protesters were the bigger variety of idiot.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited January 2017

The masked protesters are idiots.

They weren't the only ones though. Why pay attention to such drivel and make people like this any more relevant than they need to be?

Agreed, do we know who was backing them yet? I've been crazy busy and haven't had time to do my diligent research. I read (rumors) that many of the arrested rioters are potentially looking at 10 years in prison + $25,000 fines though...which sets a pretty good example of how those jackasses should be dealt with.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • I feel so conflicted about this whole thing. Violence is never okay. Milo, however,has caught the eye of my teenager so I fear I can't ignore him as much as I would like to. I hate the thought of contributing to his YouTube views knowing that he is associated with Breitbart. And while I agree that those inciting violence at this event deserve to be punished, I have a problem with a 10 year sentence, while athlete rapists get off with 3 months.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes

I feel so conflicted about this whole thing. Violence is never okay. Milo, however,has caught the eye of my teenager so I fear I can't ignore him as much as I would like to. I hate the thought of contributing to his YouTube views knowing that he is associated with Breitbart. And while I agree that those inciting violence at this event deserve to be punished, I have a problem with a 10 year sentence, while athlete rapists get off with 3 months.

In my opinion, the athlete rapist should have gotten 20 years...
    PJPOWER said:

Agreed, do we know who was backing them yet? I've been crazy busy and haven't had time to do my diligent research. I read (rumors) that many of the arrested rioters are potentially looking at 10 years in prison + $25,000 fines though...which sets a pretty good example of how those jackasses should be dealt with.
    Why assume anyone was backing them?

PJPOWER said:

A lot of the rioters have been linked to people associated directly with George Soros. Some rioters are paid to go cause issues by big dog billion air monsters, like soros.
    riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

A lot of the rioters have been linked to people associated directly with George Soros. Some rioters are paid to go cause issues by big dog billion air monsters, like soros.
    There's actual evidence of being linked, or some nut job said it's so? Since you referenced Soros the monster, I'm guessing it's the latter.

riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

There's actual evidence of being linked, or some nut job said it's so? Since you referenced Soros the monster, I'm guessing it's the latter.
    Soros doesn't deny that he funds things like this. He has done it in other country's. Just read a little bit about him. Total monster
    riley540 said:

riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

Soros doesn't deny that he funds things like this. He has done it in other country's. Just read a little bit about him. Total monster
    There's some clear evidence right there. The same way you gathered facts to determine no one in line was racist.

riley540 said:

riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

There's some clear evidence right there. The same way you gathered facts to determine no one in line was racist.
    All I said was to do some reading. I just think anyone who promotes violence sucks. Just my opinion I guess. Everyone is different
    riley540 said:

riley540 said:

riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

All I said was to do some reading. I just think anyone who promotes violence sucks. Just my opinion I guess. Everyone is different
    Did the speaker you went to see promote violence?

riley540 said:

riley540 said:

riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

No, but he did a lot of offensive jokes

riley540 said:

riley540 said:

riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

I was also on edge, texting my family becasue of the shooting that took place outside. I was disengaged the latter half. I don't agree with Milo on everything, I'm just a fan of offensive comedy, Louis CK, Bill Burr, Tosh, ect. If I'm not mistaking, I believe Milo posts his college tour videos on YouTube.

edited January 2017

PJPOWER said:

I assume because they were organized. It was not a random person or two. It appeared that their mission was rioting and breaking shit...even Larry Kings car (which did make me chuckle a bit). They were obviously tied to some organization or party or???
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

I assume because they were organized. It was not a random person or two. It appeared that their mission was rioting and breaking shit...even Larry Kings car (which did make me chuckle a bit). They were obviously tied to some organization or party or???
    Hahaha, Larry Kings car... so random. But it seemed organized. The people dressed like isis members! I about shat myself when I saw several hundred of them marching towards me
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Just because they seem organized, doesn't mean they're being backed. Gathering and communicating is essentially free. I think you guys are trying to fit this into something that may not be there.
    riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Hahaha, Larry Kings car... so random. But it seemed organized. The people dressed like isis members! I about shat myself when I saw several hundred of them marching towards me
    You could have grabbed them by the p in self defense...

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Just because they seem organized, doesn't mean they're being backed. Gathering and communicating is essentially free. I think you guys are trying to fit this into something that may not be there.
    I was really just curious. "Who were these people?" is really my question.