How hard is it to get tickets?

13»

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Zod said:

RS65573 said:

I did not miss a single show in 15 years with F5.

Those who tried longest got in. Way better in my opinion.

Not in '05. That Canadian tour killed it. It got so bad no orders went through and they resorted to letting TM handle the 10c tickets. That's pretty much the major reason it's done by lotto now. Every subsequent tour they had more and more members trying for tickets. The website completely collapsed at the end. They couldn't keep doing F5 if they wanted too.
    That was 2011 when Ticketmaster handled the Canadian tour.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    mcgruff10 said:

Zod said:

RS65573 said:

Not in '05. That Canadian tour killed it. It got so bad no orders went through and they resorted to letting TM handle the 10c tickets. That's pretty much the major reason it's done by lotto now. Every subsequent tour they had more and more members trying for tickets. The website completely collapsed at the end. They couldn't keep doing F5 if they wanted too.
    Blame Canada.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mcgruff10 said:

Zod said:

RS65573 said:

SABOTAGE!!!!! :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:

mcgruff10 said:

Zod said:

RS65573 said:

SABOTAGE!!!!! :rofl:
    Lol. That was ridiculous.
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    If you go reserved, your chances increase tremendously.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • jerseyjammer1jerseyjammer1 Posts: 245
    edited April 2017
    I have one now. Can I buy another?
    Post edited by jerseyjammer1 on
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Is it possible for one person to buy two 10c memberships for themselves? I have one now. Can I buy another that's in my name but I'll include my middle name on it, so its slightly different. Has anyone tried this? Is this allowed?

Pretty sure that is not allowed by 10c, besides being a pretty shitty thing to do
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

Is it possible for one person to buy two 10c memberships for themselves? I have one now. Can I buy another that's in my name but I'll include my middle name on it, so its slightly different. Has anyone tried this? Is this allowed?

Yeah that won't fly. Sign up your spouse or significant other.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    mcgruff10 said:

Zod said:

RS65573 said:

Right! Sorry right idea, wrong tour. It was the 2011 Canadian tour that ended F5 :)
    edited January 2017
    mrussel1 said:

Yeah that won't fly. Sign up your spouse or significant other.
    This is kind of a weird phenomena. We all had 1 membership, and it became harder and harder to get 10c tickets. To increase our odds many of us had our spouses sign up too (why not, they all go to shows with us, and love pearl jam too). The scaceness of tickets seems to result in more membership sales. When you think about it, it seems counter intuitive. They sell us way more memberships while having less tickets to sell.. lol... :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    mrussel1 said:

derbydave said:

First of all...let me say welcome to 10 Club!!
    NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, Toronto & Seattle are the hardest markets to score tickets,
    but with the lottery, you have the same odds as everyone else to get tickets to these shows.
    I'll also tell you that if you are willing to travel outside of your region, it is easier to score tickets to smaller markets.
    In the past few years it's been pretty easy for me to score tickets to show in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln (this was my 7th choice,) Memphis, Greenville, Columbia, Lexington and Ottawa
    If you're willing to pick shows that are not in a huge population center,
    you should be able to score tickets pretty easily!!

Well Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo are also well within my travel range, I was just going off the past couple years of tour locations for my example. These shows are much easier to get tickets to?
    Yes. Throw in a Charlottesville, Moline, Lincoln, Hampton, Greenville and you are good. The band always seems to choose some cool, somewhat obscure location to drop a gem on us.
    Yes..smaller cities are the way to go..easier parking, ticket lines, merch lines and the crowds are into it.I would never wait in a line for hours ( not even for a Philly show)..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

mrussel1 said:

derbydave said:

NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, Toronto & Seattle are the hardest markets to score tickets,
    but with the lottery, you have the same odds as everyone else to get tickets to these shows.
    I'll also tell you that if you are willing to travel outside of your region, it is easier to score tickets to smaller markets.
    In the past few years it's been pretty easy for me to score tickets to show in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln (this was my 7th choice,) Memphis, Greenville, Columbia, Lexington and Ottawa

Well Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo are also well within my travel range, I was just going off the past couple years of tour locations for my example. These shows are much easier to get tickets to?
    Yes. Throw in a Charlottesville, Moline, Lincoln, Hampton, Greenville and you are good. The band always seems to choose some cool, somewhat obscure location to drop a gem on us.
    Yes..smaller cities are the way to go..easier parking, ticket lines, merch lines and the crowds are into it.I would never wait in a line for hours ( not even for a Philly show)..
    BTW - of this current generation of shows, C'ville is still my favorite. There was something really special and intimate there. Even Hampton, Greenville and others that are small that I've been to couldn't top it.
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    " this is one of those places where it could be cozy enough to play for a long time and just make ourselves at home.."
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

Zod said:

mcgruff10 said:

Zod said:

RS65573 said:

Right! Sorry right idea, wrong tour. It was the 2011 Canadian tour that ended F5 :)
    I forgive you. ;)

mrussel1 said:

derbydave said:

Yah the difference between Vancouver '13 and Seattle '13 was night and day. Vancouver had a small lineup (barely anything) to get tickets. The merch line even after people picked up their tickets was only 30 or 40 minutes. The Seattle show, only two days later, and equal sized venue, had a merch lineup that went for blocks, days on end.. it was crazy.

Sometimes I feel lucky living where I live. I always have to travel, but it's always to Vancouver and Seattle. I get the sanity and ease of the Vancouver shows, but also get to see the unadulterated PJ fandom craziness in Seattle.

" this is one of those places where it could be cozy enough to play for a long time and just make ourselves at home.."

He certainly said that... And the acoustics there are dynamite. I've seen DMB there a number of times, Bruce and many more. Love that place. My daughter and her friends are going Sunday for Twenty-One Pilots.
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

derbydave said:

BTW - of this current generation of shows, C'ville is still my favorite. There was something really special and intimate there. Even Hampton, Greenville and others that are small that I've been to couldn't top it.
    Man Charlottesville was so special. I dont know..the venue around that campus in the fall and then an amazing setlist was just phenomenal. One of my best memories over my 23 years of shows.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    Karts said:

Just don't have my luck...

That's real... cursed by living in NY though haven't had luck when wanting to travel either.

Oh wow, that's brutal. I lucked out in 2013 scoring GA to SD and LA (caught a pick...thanks Mike!) and I lost LA2, but got TM tix.

But then I was shut out for TOTD by 10C but luckily got TM tix for LA. Can't wait for the next tour...it's been way too long for me and I want to start bringing my kids!

Karts said:

That's real... cursed by living in NY though haven't had luck when wanting to travel either.

I don't know if it helps or not, but choosing GA #1, and Reservered #2 in a megatropolis doesn't give you the best odds. The # of GA tickets is much less, and the demand for a show like NY means the reserved tickets also won't make it past the first round. I've thought about this when it comes to Seattle (the show I didn't get tickets for). The demand is so insanely high, that whatever you choose as #2 is pretty much moot. I think I'm going to go for reserved in Seattle next time. It's hard though GA's so awesome. You know the odds are way less, but the gambling part of ones brain still wants to go for it :)
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    In 2013 I went all in on the GA for the 3 closest shows, with Reserved being my 4th-6th choices. I won 1st and 2nd picks. I got in the venue early enough to be close enough to catch a well flung pick from Mike, but I'm still hoping to top that someday and get rail. Come Back out West PJ! TOTD was a nice holdover, but I'm getting serious PJ withdrawls as since my first show in '98 I've never had to wait so long to see them.

That's quite the difference in the West eh? In the East you'd be pretty hard pressed to get GA as a 2nd pick :)
    Zod said:

That's quite the difference in the West eh? In the East you'd be pretty hard pressed to get GA as a 2nd pick :)

it's hard pressed to get ga as a first pick in the north east.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Tips and tricks:

Get "ticket buddies" to team up with. Make your picks against theirs so that you have different priorities. If you choose Jacksonville GA, Tampa Reserved, Jacksonville Reserved, Jacksonville Pit, then your ticket buddy should choose Tampa Reserved, Jacksonville Pit, Jacksonville GA, Tampa Pit. Use your extras to barter for ones that you don't already have.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Zod said:

Karts said:

I don't know if it helps or not, but choosing GA #1, and Reservered #2 in a megatropolis doesn't give you the best odds. The # of GA tickets is much less, and the demand for a show like NY means the reserved tickets also won't make it past the first round. I've thought about this when it comes to Seattle (the show I didn't get tickets for). The demand is so insanely high, that whatever you choose as #2 is pretty much moot. I think I'm going to go for reserved in Seattle next time. It's hard though GA's so awesome. You know the odds are way less, but the gambling part of ones brain still wants to go for it :)

A lot of people used their first 6-7 picks for various Philly and NYC shows in 2016. When their 8th pick of a southern city came up, they lost those as well.

If you want Philly or NYC, you're best to use two picks max there with a ticket buddy and then use picks three and higher on other cities.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"