Options

We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    edited January 2017
    chiefnjk said:

the only major festival that hasnt released a lineup yet and they always do 1 offs. GCF wasnt announced till a few months before. same thing with the last tour. was announced in january for april. also they switched to a fan run festival and pj is one of the top 5 bands people have been askin to get since firefly started
    Several major festivals haven't announced yet, including Lollapalooza, Osheaga and Outside Lands, which often have lots of crossover acts. Last year Radiohead played all 3. Lolla and Osheaga are the same weekend, although Lolla is now 4 days (Aug. 3-6). PJ hasn't played Lolla since 2007, OSL since 2009 (I think) and I'm not sure if they've ever played Osheaga.

Told myself I'm going to Lolla this year no matter what the line up is, just because I live so close and have never been. What a great surprise if they ended up playing. I don't see it happening tho.
    What if they really surprised us all and played Riot Fest. The festival seems to be getting bigger every year.
    Post edited by tylermoore on
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301

chiefnjk said:

the only major festival that hasnt released a lineup yet and they always do 1 offs. GCF wasnt announced till a few months before. same thing with the last tour. was announced in january for april. also they switched to a fan run festival and pj is one of the top 5 bands people have been askin to get since firefly started
    Several major festivals haven't announced yet, including Lollapalooza, Osheaga and Outside Lands, which often have lots of crossover acts. Last year Radiohead played all 3. Lolla and Osheaga are the same weekend, although Lolla is now 4 days (Aug. 3-6). PJ hasn't played Lolla since 2007, OSL since 2009 (I think) and I'm not sure if they've ever played Osheaga.
    Riot Fest would definitely be a surprise. I don't see it, but you never know. You're right that it does seem to get bigger every year.
  • Options
    monkeyphoenixmonkeyphoenix London Posts: 27
    Have the summer european tour rumours dried up completely then? I'm so disappointed! This is reminding me of last year too much. Come on lads, sort it out!
  • Options
    IvanRansleyIvanRansley Posts: 940
    edited January 2017
    Any chance of Fuji rock in Japan in July ?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,932
    no euro tour again is 100% confirmed by this point... :(
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    just_one said:

no euro tour again is 100% confirmed by this point... :(

Maybe September?
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I think I am going to see Radiohead in Seattle over spring break......come on PJ put something on the calendar!!!!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Sure, why not. A festival payday probably makes it easier to play Asia
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    my2hands said:

Sure, why not. A festival payday probably makes it easier to play Asia
    Never say never.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    CopperTom said:

We'll never see that many shows in a year ever again.

Yep
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    radar said:

The article was changed since yesterday

That is hilarious. Don't spill the beans on the later this year tour! Maybe there is hope they will tour over the summer and not just "late" 2017.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Probably only a couple weeks left to announce a late spring tour (similar timing to last year), May/June for Fall tour (following 2013/14 MO). ACL is on the radar. When they play they can build a mini tour around the two weekends. I think RRHOF will be a one off appearance.
  • Options
    How many times are they going to play ACL? lol
  • Options
    Outside lands is mid august? That's my guess
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    When is Joe Louis arena in Detroit actually being demolished? The Red Wings will be done in April, but I'm guessing demolition isn't scheduled until the summer sometime. Could PJ close out the Joe (maybe 2 shows?), play Lolla (Chicago) and Osheaga (Montreal) before heading out west to play OSL (San Fran) and a proper west coast leg? That would kind of match the few festivals + tour leg MO the band has had recently. Then head over to Australia in mid-November. Two continents, around 20 shows?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Da Nile ain't just a river.
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    The Little Caesars Arena (jesus christ I'm still not ok with that name) isn't opening until sometime around September, so I would assume the Joe will still be in use until close to then? I don't think there's a demolition date yet.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:

Probably only a couple weeks left to announce a late spring tour (similar timing to last year), May/June for Fall tour (following 2013/14 MO). ACL is on the radar. When they play they can build a mini tour around the two weekends. I think RRHOF will be a one off appearance.

I thought when they toured in 2010, which started May 1 or so, it wasn't announced until about 2 months prior.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    BV84003 said:

The Little Caesars Arena (jesus christ I'm still not ok with that name) isn't opening until sometime around September, so I would assume the Joe will still be in use until close to then? I don't think there's a demolition date yet.

Uggghhh is that the new home of the wings?! What an awful name. Holy shit.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    chiefnjk said:

When is Joe Louis arena in Detroit actually being demolished? The Red Wings will be done in April, but I'm guessing demolition isn't scheduled until the summer sometime. Could PJ close out the Joe (maybe 2 shows?), play Lolla (Chicago) and Osheaga (Montreal) before heading out west to play OSL (San Fran) and a proper west coast leg? That would kind of match the few festivals + tour leg MO the band has had recently. Then head over to Australia in mid-November. Two continents, around 20 shows?

Just said to my buddy today "watch them surprise everyone and headline lollapalooza. I just say that because I plan on going, I don't really see it happening.
  • Options
    Dave Mathews & Tim Reynolds just announced a US Spring tour east of the Mississippi... I assume a summer leg in western USA will eventually be announced... which could easily include The Gorge on Fri/Sat Labor Day weekend since DMB plays it every year... that would make a lot of sense
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    Am I the only one that doesn't want a new album before the next tour?? One more tour with the current catalog of songs/albums!!

Cleveland-Detroit-Indianapolis-Chicago-Des Moines- Kansas City- Denver- Albuquerque- Phoenix- Las Vegas- Los Angeles- San Francisco- Portland- Vancouver- Seattle.

^my dream tour starting in Midwest, straight West hitting a lot of states and major cities. A guy can dream!

2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73
    edited January 2017
    DSTRUB said:

Am I the only one that doesn't want a new album before the next tour?? One more tour with the current catalog of songs/albums!!

Cleveland-Detroit-Indianapolis-Chicago-Des Moines- Kansas City- Denver- Albuquerque- Phoenix- Las Vegas- Los Angeles- San Francisco- Portland- Vancouver- Seattle.

^my dream tour starting in Midwest, straight West hitting a lot of states and major cities. A guy can dream!

I am up for whatever they want but 2016's tour was great. Doing that again in 2017 would receive no complaints here.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,435
    DSTRUB said:

Youre not the only one buddy!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Don't forget about Columbus. It's been 7 years
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Don't forget about Columbus. It's been 7 years

:clap:
    We're ready for one too!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    DSTRUB said:

Dream tour is right! They would never play Denver/ABQ/PHX/AND Vegas in one tour though... but that would be amazing. I'm really hoping ABQ is the next "hasn't gotten a show in over a decade" city that Phoenx and Denver were the last couple of tours. (17 years to be exact) But I would settle for Vegas or either of the other 2. I don't see Colorado happening again this soon after Denver 14 and Ride Festival last year.

Where you from DSTRUB?

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    edited January 2017
    my2hands said:

Dave Mathews & Tim Reynolds just announced a US Spring tour east of the Mississippi... I assume a summer leg in western USA will eventually be announced... which could easily include The Gorge on Fri/Sat Labor Day weekend since DMB plays it every year... that would make a lot of sense

Could totally see that but aren't the venues on that tour somewhat small?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I could see a tour being announced with less than normal notice. Didn't Jeff say they wanted to start on the new album after the New Year and that booking tours before the album was finished hadn't worked out well for them in the past? It would make sense for them to not schedule anything until they were done, and who knows how long that would take.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Sarava said:

I could see a tour being announced with less than normal notice. Didn't Jeff say they wanted to start on the new album after the New Year and that booking tours before the album was finished hadn't worked out well for them in the past? It would make sense for them to not schedule anything until they were done, and who knows how long that would take.

Depends how much already have written heading into this year. No news of side projects or solos . . . Curious to see what they do if anything around HOF induction. It's only 3 songs, not a lot of warm up or gear needed. When did the LB release rumors start and how much notice did we get before it dropped?