Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    MedozK said:

That is what makes art great. If we all liked the same stuff, life would be extremely boring.

Kinda like how many people enjoy Neil Young.. I think his voice is incredibly bad, but I try to appreciate his work.

So damn true. I'm not a country fan at all - but I do like Margo's debut album. I got the PJ TMR Vault item and I loved it. I'm really considering getting this one too, mainly for that live vinyl.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    If anybody's considering signing up for this, I'd be willing to trade/sell the package for a bit less than what you'd pay to subscribe once it arrives in March/April.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Give me something I can use JW!
    New Racontuers album
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    FR181798 said:

It used to be that you could buy a Vault, if it wasn't your thing you could shift it eBay but prices are only decent on a select few Vaults.

That's true, although it seems like you can at least get your money back if you sell any of them. You just won't usually make a profit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    I have to catch up because I finally just spun The Racontuers live from the last vault.

I didn't realize that The Muldoons were the cutest band ever. Thanks for letting me know JW.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    kasedoug said:

If anybody's considering signing up for this, I'd be willing to trade/sell the package for a bit less than what you'd pay to subscribe once it arrives in March/April.

PM sent
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Incredibly stoked when I received this earlier today. I was one of six winners in Third Man's Tin Man scavenger hunt contest back in December and won a signed Jack White Acoustic Recordings vinyl!!!

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    kasedoug said:

Incredibly stoked when I received this earlier today. I was one of six winners in Third Man's Tin Man scavenger hunt contest back in December and won a signed Jack White Acoustic Recordings vinyl!!!

Nice
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    kasedoug said:

Friggin' sweet. What's the background behind the album? Also, is it the blue or black vinyl?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    mrussel1 said:

Friggin' sweet. What's the background behind the album? Also, is it the blue or black vinyl?

It's a poster from the 2014 Fonda Hollywood show. Just added it for effect when I posted the pic online to thank TMR. Vinyl's likely black. I want to get framing it all figured out before break the label and remove the vinyl. Was fortunate enough to pick up the blue vinyl when it was posted in Vault Novelties.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Probably best to keep it sealed if you already have a blue or email TMR and ask about the color.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

It used to be that you could buy a Vault, if it wasn't your thing you could shift it eBay but prices are only decent on a select few Vaults.

That's true, although it seems like you can at least get your money back if you sell any of them. You just won't usually make a profit.
    Maybe if you live in the US but I pay an extra $20 to the UK then you have all the fees. Ends up not being worth it.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    FR181798 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

Maybe if you live in the US but I pay an extra $20 to the UK then you have all the fees. Ends up not being worth it.
    I pay for international shipping too. Not sure why it would be different in Europe than it is in Canada. Isn't it just one international rate for the TMR Vault? I think if you sell your vaults on ebay for international face value you're pretty likely to sell it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    The New TMR pressing plant looks great.
    https://thirdmanrecords.com/news
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    kasedoug said:

WOW. That's awesome!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

Looks great. Any Detroit members want to pick me up a White Stripes and De Stijl pressing on 2/25. Would make my day! :blush:
  • Options
    MedozK said:

Looks great. Any Detroit members want to pick me up a White Stripes and De Stijl pressing on 2/25. Would make my day! :blush:
    Is there a fresh pressing happening? What's the word?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

Half way down the news article that's linked, it says those two White Stripes records will be pressed to red vinyl (with some other non WS records), with on-site screen printed jackets, only available at TMR Detroit.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    mrussel1 said:

kasedoug said:

Half way down the news article that's linked, it says those two White Stripes records will be pressed to red vinyl (with some other non WS records), with on-site screen printed jackets, only available at TMR Detroit.

We need some fellow Detriot 10Cs to help a few brothas out. :smiley:
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

kasedoug said:

Yes please! I have family near Detroit, but they're almost 90, too much to ask I think...?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

kasedoug said:

Yes please! I have family near Detroit, but they're almost 90, too much to ask I think...?
    Do they have something better to do in February-Detroit then line up at 6 AM for a record? I think not... Murder She Wrote doesn't start until noon I'm sure.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

scurtis said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

kasedoug said:

Do they have something better to do in February-Detroit then line up at 6 AM for a record? I think not... Murder She Wrote doesn't start until noon I'm sure.
    :)
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    mrussel1 said:

scurtis said:

MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

kasedoug said:

Haha worth a try I guess. I will let you know.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I opted out this quarter.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Just got around to listening to the Jack White acoustic vault...Were there know pressing issues? I'm getting a lot of noise on the first side.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    DewieCox said:

Just got around to listening to the Jack White acoustic vault...Were there know pressing issues? I'm getting a lot of noise on the first side.

Pressed at United..... so you kinda get that United sound..lol Clean it, clean it and clean it again... and maybe the noise will go away.
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    As long as my wife isn't in labor, I'll run to the TMR Detroit store that day and pick up what I can.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    MedozK said:

DewieCox said:

Pressed at United..... so you kinda get that United sound..lol Clean it, clean it and clean it again... and maybe the noise will go away.
    Ah shit....I didn't even think of their bad rep. Hopefully a good cleaning will clear it up some. It's pretty unlistenable since it's such an intimate recording.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    grabbed 2 copies of the Jack White, one blue & one black. The black is my spinning copy, but I'm going to keep the blue sealed for now, which I rarely do. I did notice some noise on the first side, but I cleaned it a few times & it sounds better just like @MedozK suggested.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

MedozK said:

DewieCox said:

Ah shit....I didn't even think of their bad rep. Hopefully a good cleaning will clear it up some. It's pretty unlistenable since it's such an intimate recording.
    Mine is clean. Sounds very good although a little quiet but I think that's because they just played into microphones.