Indian Style Demos (Eddie's First Band)

iVEDDERiVEDDER Posts: 71
edited February 2015 in The Porch
Recently surfaced demos from Eddie's pre-Bad Radio band called Indian Summer that featured Brad Wilk of Rage Against The Machine on drums.

01. Smooth Talkin'
02. Time
2005 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose December 4th 2011 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose November 6th 2013 São Paulo, Brazil | Lollapalooza March 31st
Post edited by iVEDDER on

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Sweet!! Songs any good?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:

Sweet!! Songs any good?

Exactly what you would expect from a recorded demo from the 80s. Cool groove.
    2005 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose December 4th 2011 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose November 6th 2013 São Paulo, Brazil | Lollapalooza March 31st
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    no
    link?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    there was some mention of this on Facebook.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    pjradio said:

no
    link?

I pm'd them to warn them that linking the songs might get them in trouble here. I can't say for sure, but I thought it might. Just didn't want anyone to get in trouble.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

there was some mention of this on Facebook.

yes, and the review I read was NOT kind. :whistle:

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Another rare pic of Eddie's firts bands.. Don't know if this is from Surf and Destroy or The Butts.

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Was the band called Indian Style or Indian Summer? The FB post and Wikipedia say 'Style' but Ed's profile blurb on here says 'Summer'...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:

Was the band called Indian Style or Indian Summer? The FB post and Wikipedia say 'Style' but Ed's profile blurb on here says 'Summer'...

I'll ask Eddie when he gets to Rio :)

iVEDDER said:

mcgruff10 said:

Sweet!! Songs any good?

that bad huh? worse than reggae woman?

• mcgruff10 said:

iVEDDER said:

mcgruff10 said:

Sweet!! Songs any good?

that bad huh? worse than reggae woman?

Haha nah man. For what is worth consider my personal taste:
    Reggae woman is a 1/10
    Homeless (Acoustic) is a 10/10

I would give Smooth Talkin' and Time 6/10
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    figure the band was Bad Radio and the tracks were from the indian summer recordings.,....

I saw a box for that release once and it blew my mind, but it clearly displayed the band name as Bad Radio
  • pdalowsky said:

figure the band was Bad Radio and the tracks were from the indian summer recordings.,....

I saw a box for that release once and it blew my mind, but it clearly displayed the band name as Bad Radio

When was that? I don't know exactly how bootlegging happened back in the day but I've heard stories of mislabels.
    I don't think this was a bootleg, fairly sure it was made by bad radio as all their releases tended to be home made. I have a photo I will try to upload
  • pdalowsky said:

Awesome. Any songs named Smooth Talkin and Time?

I don't think Brad Wilk ever played drums with Bad Radio, and wikipedia has a reference for Indian Style as a band. I'm confused.
    iVEDDER said:

pdalowsky said:

Awesome. Any songs named Smooth Talkin and Time?

I don't think Brad Wilk ever played drums with Bad Radio, and wikipedia has a reference for Indian Style as a band. I'm confused.
    me too!!
    oh no idea what was on this, was offered it to buy but the price had me running to the mountains
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Just to add to the confusion... the version of 'Time' on this is exactly the same as the song 'Plenty of Time' that surfaced a while ago by The Butts. This sounds like a lesser sound quality version of the same recording (same vocal, guitar solo, Ed singing behind the solo etc) So, is this Indian Style/Summer, The Butts, or Bad Radio?

Either way, I think it would be fun to hear PJ cover this at a show :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush said:

Just to add to the confusion... the version of 'Time' on this is exactly the same as the song 'Plenty of Time' that surfaced a while ago by The Butts. This sounds like a lesser sound quality version of the same recording (same vocal, guitar solo, Ed singing behind the solo etc) So, is this Indian Style/Summer, The Butts, or Bad Radio?

Either way, I think it would be fun to hear PJ cover this at a show :)

I would love to hear the acoustic version of Homeless live!!!
  • soldier.of.lovesoldier.of.love Posts: 204
    edited February 2015
    pdalowsky said:

Here's a pic of the songs from this tape:

So I guess that tapes features songs from Bad Radio and Indian Style.

Post edited by soldier.of.love on
    One hand will wash the other!
  • pdalowsky said:

Here's a pic of the songs from this tape:

So I guess that tapes features songs from Bad Radio and Indian Style.

Good job buddy! Do you have a pic of the cover?

• iVEDDERiVEDDER Posts: 71
    edited February 2015
    I love the Homeless acoustic version; from the picture posted by soldier of love it was from before Bad Radio. Interesting to know.
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Google "Eddie Vedder Indian Style" and the newspaper clipping the top picture comes from calls the band Indian Style and lists their names from left to right as Style, Homeboy Eddie, Mattie Tabasco and Brad.
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Homeboy Eddie :triumph:
  • TyTy Posts: 1,007
    OK, so last weekend I was the dedicated Driver for the Smashing Pumpkins at Sydney's Soundwave festival. I got chatting to Brad Wilk about these songs popping up and he was blown away! He was like "Fuck, man... I haven't thought of that in 20 years!" Said he still has the original Tascam tape somewhere that it was recorded on! Such a cool and down-to-Earth guy. Billy and the rest of the band were great too! Heard all kinds of stories too (that out of respect for professionalism and future work, will remain private, haha).
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
    Ty said:

OK, so last weekend I was the dedicated Driver for the Smashing Pumpkins at Sydney's Soundwave festival. I got chatting to Brad Wilk about these songs popping up and he was blown away! He was like "Fuck, man... I haven't thought of that in 20 years!" Said he still has the original Tascam tape somewhere that it was recorded on! Such a cool and down-to-Earth guy. Billy and the rest of the band were great too! Heard all kinds of stories too (that out of respect for professionalism and future work, will remain private, haha).

that is one amazing story!!!
  • iVEDDERiVEDDER Posts: 71
    Ty said:

Way to go Ty! Some quality time you had there!
    Ty said:

wicked!

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335