How hard is it to get tickets?

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    It depends where you try to see them play. The Eastern part of the US (especially the Northern part) is pretty densley populated. Lots of big cities, all within driving distance of each other. Those are the hardest shows to get tickets for (and Seattle because everyone tries to go to Seattle). If you're going to New York and there's 10 million+ people in the area and they're only playing an Arena sized venue. Good luck. On the other hand if they're playing cities like Vancouver, Calgary, Portland, etc... with much smaller populations (and without too many big cities in driving distance) it's much easier to get tickets.

In the NorthEast US you've got two things going against you. The big populations, and the fact PJ tours aren't very thorough. Thus people from nearby population centres come to your city to see them play.
  • glennb2112glennb2112 memphis Posts: 247
    I was lucky enough to score Wrigley night two for face from another 10c member. 2 rows from the field. Great bunch of people here willing to help.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    I agree bigger cities are harder to get. It helped this year that you could only win tickets to one show for Philly and NYC, giving more fans the opportunity to at least score tix to one show via 10C
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    edited January 2017

I agree bigger cities are harder to get. It helped this year that you could only win tickets to one show for Philly and NYC, giving more fans the opportunity to at least score tix to one show via 10C

Plus they played Stadiums in Chicago and Boston, both of which I don't think use TM, so not only did they play 40k+ seat venues, but they probably got access to a higher percentage of the venue for 10c seats than they would had the venue been controlled by TM. I'm not sure about the Boston show's, but I didn't hear of too many people that got shut out of both Chicago shows. The 2nd show was in less demand (as lots of people put in for the weekend show). Friend of mine got Night 2 tickets but he had night 1 as his first choice (meaning the demand was low enough, that people got night 2 tickets even if it was 3rd/4th choice). That's pretty good for a show taking place in an area that has about 11 million people (plus everyone I met in the pit didn't seem to be from Chicago.. lol).
    Post edited by Zod on
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    I have never not got tickets to a PJ show that I wanted to attend, and I've never paid over face value. Don't sweat it.
  • KartsKarts Posts: 115
    Just don't have my luck...

That's real... cursed by living in NY though haven't had luck when wanting to travel either.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    GA or bust sometimes results in bust.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    Ya I'm also 0 for 17 on the new system since 2013. Not a fan.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Win or lose, I love the lottery. It beats taking a day off of work to F5 all day. 10 of 13 with lottery. I was 19 of 20 with F5.
    I did not miss a single show in 15 years with F5.

Those who tried longest got in. Way better in my opinion.
    RS65573 said:

Ya I'm also 0 for 17 on the new system since 2013. Not a fan.

That's rough but your post needs more context.. There's some people who put in for 10 shows even though the tickets for most shows are gone after the first few rounds. They'll say their 0/10 but really your 0/1 or for 0/2 because you weren't really ever going to get the tickets past the first few choices (unless you pick an out of the way show).

I'm ok with the new system. I'm 2/3 under my own membership. Vancouver '13 (which anyone could have gotten tickets for, it didn't sell out) and Wrigley I '13. The show I missed on was Seattle '13, but that was because I chose Vancouver first. Rookie lotto mistake on that one :)
    I live in NJ and go for shows from Virginia, to Boston. Yes, the most wanted shows, still stinks.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    I was 100% before the new system (F5 champion), but 50% since for midwest and northeast US shows. Not a big deal, since the forums usually have something available if you put the effort in.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Don't worry about notifications. PJ gives us plenty of time to enter the lotteries and you'll see/read chatter about it on all the social media outlets. Heck, on this site alone, there will be about 200 different threads on the Porch and Lost Dogs discussing tickets, looking for tickets, looking to sell tickets (at face value).
    I haven't lost a lottery yet. Some haven't won a lottery yet. You'll have better odds, as many have said, choosing smaller market cities, requesting reserved seats, and getting more family members to join the Ten Club. :giggle: But it really is completely random on who gets selected once you sign up, no matter the odds.
    The issue I have with the new system is it really screws up tickets for everyone. Now instead of getting my F5 pair from the fanclub I...

buy an additional membership for my wife to increase odds
    stalk ticketmaster, buying every ticket i can.
    stalk every show even cities I will not attend for trades.
    try to trade or sell these for what I want.

I always get in, but now I end up touching 6 pairs per show instead of 1 and its a cluster F. I mean, I have spreadsheets!!!
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    tschav said:

I was 100% before the new system (F5 champion), but 50% since for midwest and northeast US shows. Not a big deal, since the forums usually have something available if you put the effort in.

Exactly..
    I got my first choice for the last three US tours.. but I didn't get crazy:
    2013 - Charlottesville GA
    2014 - St Louis GA
    2016 - Hampton GA
    For Wrigley, I went night 2 GA. I knew the chances of Sat night were slim so I didn't try.

I went to probably 11 more shows purely by picking up tickets on the show day from 10C members. With the exception of NY (which I didn't try), there are just about always 10C tickets on the day of the show.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    Zod said:

Plus they played Stadiums in Chicago and Boston, both of which I don't think use TM, so not only did they play 40k+ seat venues, but they probably got access to a higher percentage of the venue for 10c seats than they would had the venue been controlled by TM. I'm not sure about the Boston show's, but I didn't hear of too many people that got shut out of both Chicago shows. The 2nd show was in less demand (as lots of people put in for the weekend show). Friend of mine got Night 2 tickets but he had night 1 as his first choice (meaning the demand was low enough, that people got night 2 tickets even if it was 3rd/4th choice). That's pretty good for a show taking place in an area that has about 11 million people (plus everyone I met in the pit didn't seem to be from Chicago.. lol).
    Yeah. I put in four options for the Wrigleyville shows and won Wrigley 2 reserved as my last choice.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,061

I've been a fan of Pearl Jam for years, but just recently joined the club and really wanted to see a show for the first time. By the sounds of it, I'm scared shitless that I may never get to see one! It sounds like it is incredibly difficult to get tickets. As far as news and keeping up to date, I receive a notification for any post on FB, the website, and twitter, so I will definitely be aware when the go on sale. I have just read that tickets sell out sometimes in 1 second and boom its all over. Im in Pennsylvania, USA, so my main venues would probably be NYC, Philly, or possibly Chicago. Can anyone please shed light on this and maybe help me feel better about it.

Look at the number of shows fan club members have seen over the years. Clearly, its possible to get tickets. Sometimes you win the lottery, sometimes you buy from the people who won the lottery, sometimes you go through ticketmaster, sometimes you scalp, but the tockets are available.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Just curious, how is it that you can buy/sell 10C tix to each other. You pick them up on or before the show with CC or ID??? Or is that not he case.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    Is there really this much discussion? I've never not been granted tickets, but i only go for 2 shows max per tour. You'll be fine.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Jbarker said:

Just curious, how is it that you can buy/sell 10C tix to each other. You pick them up on or before the show with CC or ID??? Or is that not he case.

Yes that's the case. It's usually that someone has one available and you meet them somewhere. Sometimes it's two tickets.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Jbarker said:

For Wrigley, I had two friends get 10c tix. They only needed one pair. They kept the better seniority, sold me the second best seniority and told me to sell mine. I found someone in need on LD, he sent me payment, I picked up the tickets at will call and we met out in front of a restaurant to pass the tix on to him and his friend. Everyone was happy. :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    I live in NJ and drove 11 hours down to S. Carolina for the Greenville show. They played Vs. front to back. Nice city. Nice people. Oh and it was Record Store Day too. Your 10 Club tix will always be better in out of the way venues.
    mrussel1 said:

Jbarker said:

Yes that's the case. It's usually that someone has one available and you meet them somewhere. Sometimes it's two tickets.
    deadendp said:

Jbarker said:

For Wrigley, I had two friends get 10c tix. They only needed one pair. They kept the better seniority, sold me the second best seniority and told me to sell mine. I found someone in need on LD, he sent me payment, I picked up the tickets at will call and we met out in front of a restaurant to pass the tix on to him and his friend. Everyone was happy. :smile:
    Thx.
    So I should be wary of someone selling 10C tix because they can't travel to the show anymore...???
    Jbarker said:

mrussel1 said:

Jbarker said:

deadendp said:

Jbarker said:

Thx.
    So I should be wary of someone selling 10C tix because they can't travel to the show anymore...???
    Yes. They would have to go there, pick them up with ID, then trade with you.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Jbarker said:

mrussel1 said:

Jbarker said:

deadendp said:

Jbarker said:

Thx.
    That, because as RS#'s stated, it just isn't possible to pick up 10c tix without the member present and matching photo ID handed over. They also have you sign for the tickets at the will call pick-up, too.

Just be careful. I offered Wrigley Randy (as he was known in my phone) references to people who know me here and could say that I was indeed a trustworthy person who wouldn't stiff him on the tickets. He didn't take them, but I wanted to assure him that I would absolutely not leave him without tickets. He was driving from Washington state and personally, I felt it important to reassure him. I would have never been offended if he did want them. While few and very far between, there have been some unsavory ticket deals that have happened here. Again, it is a very small exception and definitely not the rule.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    edited January 2017
    10-4
    Now all we need is a tour announcement!
  • Dellis3290Dellis3290 Charlotte, NC Posts: 64

I've been a fan of Pearl Jam for years, but just recently joined the club and really wanted to see a show for the first time. By the sounds of it, I'm scared shitless that I may never get to see one! It sounds like it is incredibly difficult to get tickets. As far as news and keeping up to date, I receive a notification for any post on FB, the website, and twitter, so I will definitely be aware when the go on sale. I have just read that tickets sell out sometimes in 1 second and boom its all over. Im in Pennsylvania, USA, so my main venues would probably be NYC, Philly, or possibly Chicago. Can anyone please shed light on this and maybe help me feel better about it.

I did my first ticket lottery in 2016. I won General Admin (The Pit in front of the stage) for Columbia, SC and Raleigh, NC. I also won tickets to Wrigley 1 and Wrigley 2 in Chicago. I feel incredibly lucky to get those but I also have faith you'll score some too. Good luck and WELCOME!!!

Charlotte 2013
    Raleigh 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Chicago #1 2016
    Chicago #2 2016
    Seattle #1 2018
    Seattle #2 2018

• Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    RS65573 said:

F5 started sometime after 2004. The 2003 tour was the 3x5 card via mail.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    RS65573 said:

Not in '05. That Canadian tour killed it. It got so bad no orders went through and they resorted to letting TM handle the 10c tickets. That's pretty much the major reason it's done by lotto now. Every subsequent tour they had more and more members trying for tickets. The website completely collapsed at the end. They couldn't keep doing F5 if they wanted too.