How hard is it to get tickets?

dmbowers98dmbowers98 Pennsylvania, USA Posts: 24
I've been a fan of Pearl Jam for years, but just recently joined the club and really wanted to see a show for the first time. By the sounds of it, I'm scared shitless that I may never get to see one! It sounds like it is incredibly difficult to get tickets. As far as news and keeping up to date, I receive a notification for any post on FB, the website, and twitter, so I will definitely be aware when the go on sale. I have just read that tickets sell out sometimes in 1 second and boom its all over. Im in Pennsylvania, USA, so my main venues would probably be NYC, Philly, or possibly Chicago. Can anyone please shed light on this and maybe help me feel better about it.

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    It's not terribly difficult. Being a new member doesn't change your odds. You have the same odds as someone here since 94. The last tour I won tickets for two shows, 2014, one show and in 2013 four shows. If you are all in for MSG or Philly, that will make it harder. If you try for smaller metro shows, your odds are better
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    With those 3 cities ya you are going to have a hard time getting tickets but it is not impossible. You will get a chance with 10club first. If you strikeout there then you have the public sale. If you strikeout again then you have to go to the either the Stubhub route or find someone here that is selling. If that fails there usually is a ticket drop a day or 2 before the show. Also don't avoid the smaller shows in other markets as well if you can travel.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Through the 10C, most shows are fairly easy. Key word being "most".
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Different shows have different odds, but it all has to do with what you choose, how you choose it and your priority listing.

I've been lucky enough so far to get tickets to all shows I've tried for but I also have a great friend who understands these odds far better than me and tells me when to flip my choices for the best odds.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    And if your wife, gf, husband, spouse, best friend or whatever is already set as your ticket partner, get them a membership too. Definitely worth it to double your odds. But remember whoever wins the tickets must be present to pick up the tickets.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited January 2017
    First of all...let me say welcome to 10 Club!!
    NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, Toronto & Seattle are the hardest markets to score tickets,
    but with the lottery, you have the same odds as everyone else to get tickets to these shows.
    I'll also tell you that if you are willing to travel outside of your region, it is easier to score tickets to smaller markets.
    In the past few years it's been pretty easy for me to score tickets to show in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln (this was my 7th choice,) Memphis, Greenville, Columbia, Lexington and Ottawa
    If you're willing to pick shows that are not in a huge population center,
    you should be able to score tickets pretty easily!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• dmbowers98dmbowers98 Pennsylvania, USA Posts: 24
    edited January 2017
    And about the presale tickets for members. Do you get a shot at the drawing and also a shot at just normal presale tickets in general? Or do you only get a shot at the drawing?

Also, when the tour announcements come out, do you have a choice at which ones you would like to enter for and also buy presale tickets for? or is it just random? They do not specify very well.

Thank you all for the warm welcome as well!!
    Post edited by dmbowers98 on
    derbydave said:

NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, Toronto & Seattle are the hardest markets to score tickets,
    but with the lottery, you have the same odds as everyone else to get tickets to these shows.
    I'll also tell you that if you are willing to travel outside of your region, it is easier to score tickets to smaller markets.
    In the past few years it's been pretty easy for me to score tickets to show in Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln (this was my 7th choice,) Memphis, Greenville, Columbia, Lexington and Ottawa

What's funny is that in 2013 I won Philly 2 reserve with my 7th choice... and Charlotte with my 10th. It was all very odd.

And about the presale tickets for members. Do you get a shot at the drawing and also a shot at just normal presale tickets in general? Or do you only get a shot at the drawing?

The 10 Club lottery is held before tickets go on sale to the general public...
    You're fighting with everyone else for the general public tickets!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

derbydave said:

In the past few years it's been pretty easy for me to score tickets to show in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln (this was my 7th choice,) Memphis, Greenville, Columbia, Lexington and Ottawa

Well Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo are also well within my travel range, I was just going off the past couple years of tour locations for my example. These shows are much easier to get tickets to?

derbydave said:

Well Columbus, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo are also well within my travel range, I was just going off the past couple years of tour locations for my example. These shows are much easier to get tickets to?
    Yes. Throw in a Charlottesville, Moline, Lincoln, Hampton, Greenville and you are good. The band always seems to choose some cool, somewhat obscure location to drop a gem on us.
    edited January 2017
    derbydave said:

The 10 Club lottery is held before tickets go on sale to the general public...
    You're fighting with everyone else for the general public tickets!!
    But what I meant was, do you get an announcement that the lottery is coming up, and then get to choose the shows that you want to enter for? and also along with that lottery, is there also just a normal presale event for being a member? Or is that lottery their version of a presale event to make it more fair to everyone.

Also, when the tour announcements come out, do you have a choice at which ones you would like to enter for and also buy presale tickets for? or is it just random? They do not specify very well.

Thank you all for the warm welcome as well!!

You can choose one show or all of the shows on an upcoming tour. Just be forewarned that you buy every one that you win with no refund so only put in for shows you are sure to go to. This is the presale there is no other presale when it comes to 10club. The venue may have their own separate one like Fenway did with season ticket holders. Also it is weighted on priority so the show you want to see most should probably be #1.
    mrussel1 said:

derbydave said:

Yes. Throw in a Charlottesville, Moline, Lincoln, Hampton, Greenville and you are good. The band always seems to choose some cool, somewhat obscure location to drop a gem on us.
    Awesome! Thank you! Im just stressed out hoping that I can score at least one pair of tickets to a show this year that isn't 500+ miles away.
    We usually get a week to make our show selections...
    Once the lottery closes, they start drawing for the tickets.
    We usually find out that day if we won or lost.
    The general sale is usually the next weekend,
    and that's open to everyone.

Also you get to choose between GA and reserved. Since you just joined your seats are going to be the worse that 10club has to offer if you go with reserved but they will still be good seats imo. You also have the option for GA which will get you up close to the band but is harder odds to win.
    Sorry...
    Lincoln was my 8th choice
    Memphis was 7th!!

PJNB said:

Also you get to choose between GA and reserved. Since you just joined your seats are going to be the worse that 10club has to offer if you go with reserved but they will still be good seats imo. You also have the option for GA which will get you up close to the band but is harder odds to win.

What do you think is better for position/odds? Would I be better off to go for one with better odds and still good positioning? or what is your opinion on that? And wont they probably be announcing their tour soon?
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    you'll get tickets.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    It's not hard to score a show! The people you hear complaints from either got shut out of getting multiple shows or missed the entry dates and had to go TM.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
    When the lottery period begins...
    They'll post odds for each show / ticket selection (GA & Reserved)
    This allows you to see which shows will be more difficult to score tickets.
    You can change your entry until the lottery period closes.

you'll get tickets.

You have no idea how much better those simple words make me feel. Thanks!
    derbydave said:

Thank you for the info! Im assuming that we will be notified via email when the lottery is about to begin.

derbydave said:

Thank you for the info! Im assuming that we will be notified via email when the lottery is about to begin.
    You should get an email announcing the tour and information on how the lottery will work!!
    Being on Facebook & twitter are good too,
    you'll DEFINITELY see lottery info posted there!!

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    edited January 2017

PJNB said:

What do you think is better for position/odds? Would I be better off to go for one with better odds and still good positioning? or what is your opinion on that? And wont they probably be announcing their tour soon?
    There will be a long thread with lottery questions when the next tour is released. Hang tight and when a tour gets announced you'll get all the info you could possibly want from people on here. Some is right, some is wrong. It basically comes down though to NY, Seattle, Chicago, Philly and sometimes Boston being highly sought after, and smaller markets being easier to get if you put them near the front of your list.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
    Derby Dave is good. Derby Dave is wise. :bow:
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just cancel your membership, tix are near impossible to get.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Just cancel your membership, tix are near impossible to get.

Ouch, that's cold.
    :rofl:
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    welcome to the club!

you'll be fine getting tickets. if not, people here tend to help each other out.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 said:

welcome to the club!

you'll be fine getting tickets. if not, people here tend to help each other out.

Agreed! So very many people here are happy to help out. 10c tix on the forum only sell for face, so that is also helpful for you to know.