Twenty One Pilots Not Good

Comments

• a lot of people love adele and taylor swift
    who cares if they don't like lenny kravitz?
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

a lot of people love adele and taylor swift
    who cares if they don't like lenny kravitz?

I like Taylor and Lenny, don't really care for Adele, but I'm not going to bash her or her fans.
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    edited December 2015
    exactly silent bob! adele's tour massively sold out. so a lot of people are right and i'm totally wrong ;)
    oh well
  • Haha, some dumb comments in here for sure. Music has more great bands now than it has in a long time. Just actually, you know.... work a little to find what you like. Thankfully we have so many options and avenues to find new stuff but I can see why older people miss it. There are some of the most prolific artists in their prime right now and if you are missing out, then hurry up and come along for the ride!
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Haha, some dumb comments in here for sure. Music has more great bands now than it has in a long time. Just actually, you know.... work a little to find what you like. Thankfully we have so many options and avenues to find new stuff but I can see why older people miss it. There are some of the most prolific artists in their prime right now and if you are missing out, then hurry up and come along for the ride!

so very true.
  • I am resurrecting this old post. I think these guys are great. I don't listen to house music or electronic but the way they combine rap, pop, rock, and dance music is genius. Can't wait till I see them live in January.

I am resurrecting this old post. I think these guys are great. I don't listen to house music or electronic but the way they combine rap, pop, rock, and dance music is genius. Can't wait till I see them live in January.

Agree. Great stuff, I have had their two albums on a regular rotation at my house... and the plus is that my daughters love them too... so we have that.. :lol:
  • Come Back in BlackCome Back in Black Posts: 659
    edited September 2016
    MedozK said:

I am resurrecting this old post. I think these guys are great. I don't listen to house music or electronic but the way they combine rap, pop, rock, and dance music is genius. Can't wait till I see them live in January.

Agree. Great stuff, I have had their two albums on a regular rotation at my house... and the plus is that my daughters love them too... so we have that.. :lol:
    Yes they have been hitting it realy big on pop radio recently so my girls know them too. I really like the little things they do to go all out like stage diving, the crowd surfing drum kit, Tyler climbing the rafters, etc. And I like the creative vids they do like the Elvis cover, and the toy piano version of Migraine.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Excellent band, excellent live shows
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    For anyone that says they hate them: have you checked out and listened through the entire self-titled album (2009)?

I think it is one of the best albums ever in music. Implicit Demand for Proof, Oh Ms. Believer and Air Catcher are some highlights.

Seeing them in February. Will definitely leave my thoughts on the live performance.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Heathens is a good tune.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

That is whats great about art, specifically music. Some really like something, while others think its garbage.

Whats really funny is reading through threads on other music related forums, and how Beatles fans think 'modern' music is horrendous and awful. Or how there hasn't been a good band since Led Zeppelin.

To each their own.

What's really funny is the hyperbolic stereotype in your post. Unlike today's Radio Disney pop, top 50 had SOME substance to it to appeal to more than just swagtards and teen girls like Prince, MJ and George Michael.
    Like I said, to each their own. Enjoy they music you like. I just don't understand why people enjoy hating on music they don't enjoy... I just wouldn't listen to it.
    He speaks the truth!
    You are to truth what Charlize Theron is to ugly. You can't believe the crap I'm forced against my will to listen to around certain people I know. The rate it's going, there's gonna be nothing but crap whether it's Radio Disney crap or minimalist indie hipster junk because the majority doesn't know any better. I don't care what anyone thinks. If you're a grown ass adult and you listen to Justin,Miley et al you need to seek mental help. There's nearly NOTHING that appeals to 20 and 30 somethings now. Music has to have a new Nirvana or Beatles now to get ride of this Pat Boone and Fabian esque junk. Cliched, but it's true.
    Cage The Elephant.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
    saw them live last year - going in a couple weeks - love the music and the vibe at the live show - even if i'm old enough to be half the crowds dad :confounded:
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I like them.... come on, they're fun...and those high vocals.. I'd love to see them live sometime.
  • Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761

For anyone that says they hate them: have you checked out and listened through the entire self-titled album (2009)?
    I think it is one of the best albums ever in music. Implicit Demand for Proof, Oh Ms. Believer and Air Catcher are some highlights.
    Seeing them in February. Will definitely leave my thoughts on the live performance.

My Kids (especially my son) absolutely loves these guys. I know all their stuff just because it's listened to around the house so much. We only have the two albums (Vessel and Blurryface). Is there one before Vessel?

I also really liked what they did with Mutemath on the 5 song remix EP. I've enjoyed Mutemath for quite some time now so it was interesting to hear the spin they put on Twenty One Pilot's songs.

I was going to try and pick up tickets to see them in a few weeks for my son, but the closest they are playing is about 5 hours away and it's a Wednesday night. With the uncertainty of winter weather (From Toronto to Albany) and it being a weeknight that would essentially affect two school days, It got shot down by my wife. Hopefully they come back around this summer before any sort of hiatus or break for a new album.

My Kids (especially my son) absolutely loves these guys. I know all their stuff just because it's listened to around the house so much. We only have the two albums (Vessel and Blurryface). Is there one before Vessel?

I also really liked what they did with Mutemath on the 5 song remix EP. I've enjoyed Mutemath for quite some time now so it was interesting to hear the spin they put on Twenty One Pilot's songs.
    Indeed, their first album is the self-titled one I mentioned (the CD is impossible to find and last one sold for like $450) and it has my favorite songs by them. And then they also have a release after that called Regional At Best (also impossible to find CD without shelling out some serious cash).

These two albums were Tyler with another guy in the band, and the ones that blew up are Vessel and Blurryface which has the guy you see with him now, Josh.

I agree, I like Mutemath remixed songs.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • For anyone that says they hate them: have you checked out and listened through the entire self-titled album (2009)?

Indeed, their first album is the self-titled one I mentioned (the CD is impossible to find and last one sold for like $450) and it has my favorite songs by them. And then they also have a release after that called Regional At Best (also impossible to find CD without shelling out some serious cash).

These two albums were Tyler with another guy in the band, and the ones that blew up are Vessel and Blurryface which has the guy you see with him now, Josh.

That is all right except just your favorite album is with the two other guys. Josh played on Regional at Best and is credited as one of the producers on the album. It makes sense as a bunch of the songs on that ended up on Vessel.

That is all right except just your favorite album is with the two other guys. Josh played on Regional at Best and is credited as one of the producers on the album. It makes sense as a bunch of the songs on that ended up on Vessel.
    I was going on word of mouth, sorry for any inaccurate statements!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Tonight is the night. Sad to see they dont change up sets much, but should still be good.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

Tonight is the night. Sad to see they dont change up sets much, but should still be good.

Awesome, Enjoy!
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    MedozK said:

Tonight is the night. Sad to see they dont change up sets much, but should still be good.

Awesome, Enjoy!
    X2
  • That was an amazing performance last night. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole show. Closing the show out with Trees was probably the highlight for me. Highly suggest you see you them if you have not.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

That was an amazing performance last night. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole show. Closing the show out with Trees was probably the highlight for me. Highly suggest you see you them if you have not.

Awesome! Sounds like you had a great time.
  • AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455

I was going to try and pick up tickets to see them in a few weeks for my son, but the closest they are playing is about 5 hours away and it's a Wednesday night. With the uncertainty of winter weather (From Toronto to Albany) and it being a weeknight that would essentially affect two school days, It got shot down by my wife. Hopefully they come back around this summer before any sort of hiatus or break for a new album.
    The shit we are willing to do for our kids is pretty amazing. My 10 yo son absolutely loves these guys. I can't fucking stand them. Yet, there I was a few weeks back looking them up online to find out if they are performing anywhere near me so I could take him to see them. Unfortunately for him there's nothing close at the current time but I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe I'll get my wife to take him if they come.
    Brilliant band
    MedozK said:

Brilliant band

And their lyrics (for majority of the songs) have some serious depth, which is always nice.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

MedozK said:

Brilliant band

And their lyrics (for majority of the songs) have some serious depth, which is always nice.
    That is actually what drew me to them. The lyrics are great and then when you put their variations of music with them.. Great Stuff.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204
    Tour de Columbus this summer. Entered.
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    @lolobugg here is the thread I was telling you about. Have fun.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
This discussion has been closed.