Recovering from Homelessness a woman veteran

ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
A lot of you know my story. I have ehlers-danlos, a disease that progressively affects my heart and joints and leaves me using a scooter a lot. Some of you know I am a Navy Veteran, who suffers from ptsd, and MST, which means I was sexually assaulted when in. Many of you know I was married to the opening act for Penn and teller, and how he divorced me, taking everything and leaving bills in my name, and me living in my car. A fiat... Which if you know cars, is like living in a phone booth.

What you may not know is that I moved to Detroit with the promise that the lower cost of living would make life livable. Two years later, and after selling just about anything I owned, my joint disease is worse because of the weather, and jobs just don't exist. The people who took me in after the split from the ex are asking me to come back. The healthcare is better in San Francisco, and job prospects are everywhere I look. It's just me, my service dog, and Kitty heading back.

I just need help getting there. My plan is to donate all that I was given back to another family escaping homelessness, but I still have to pay to bring the rest with me, including my animals. I'm collecting at gofundme so I can get home, where my support is stronger, where I can physically survive. Http://gofundme.com/let-me-go-home

Please pass word. I don't want to be homeless in Detroit, but that is exactly where I am heading if I can't get back to California.
When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hi, ratmando.

What a life you've led - what you still lead.

Should I be in position to contribute, I shall.

You've got to there, and you will get to your new there...to here. Your here (or there).

Good thoughts and wishes.
  • ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    Thanks Hedonist.. and lovely way to put it, too. Thanks to people here and on FB, I'm a third of the way home.. I got the gas money now and enough to put a deposit on a rental van that can tow my car. I am so humbled and floored by the people who care... thanks and thanks again.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    This is a wonderful place. Full of the most kindly
    Folks.
  • ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    absolutely agree!!!

Henry David Thoreau