A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Yeah, I get GoT feeds on my Google News page that I read every morning. Damn if I both dislike and like the leaks at the same time.
    Would be awesome to be shocked at everything but I read all of the books and loved watching them so I know I will love it as it continues.
    Just dont want to have the end confirmed. Next year I may have to remove from my feed and keep my head in the sand.

Dan -- that poster is beautiful in person. I love Cooper.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    I'm watching the Game of Thrones marathon on HBO this week. This is the third time I've done the marathon, and I still learn new information that helps later parts make sense. I love it when a story is this complex.

I'm also more put off by the violence this time than other times. It seemed like season 2 was just one blood bath after another. I had a hard time watching it.

I hate being sick while on vacation but relish the excuse to curl up on the couch all week! The last two times there was no excuse ....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

I'm watching the Game of Thrones marathon on HBO this week. This is the third time I've done the marathon, and I still learn new information that helps later parts make sense. I love it when a story is this complex.

I'm also more put off by the violence this time than other times. It seemed like season 2 was just one blood bath after another. I had a hard time watching it.

I hate being sick while on vacation but relish the excuse to curl up on the couch all week! The last two times there was no excuse ....

just started watching it again myself. can't wait for the new season!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmnnn!
    July seems like such a long way away...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Do we know who that guy is?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    JK_Livin said:
    Lord Beric Dondarrion, leader of the Brotherhood without Banners and loyal to House Stark.  He has been resurrected by a Red Priest several times ... and now has a flaming sword ... so odds are he may be the Lord of Light.  The Hound killed him a few seasons ago when they captured The Hound and Arya.  
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    edited June 2017
    Jason P said:
    FIRE SWORDS!!!

Awesome! Dondarrion is pretty badass!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Jason P said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Lord Beric Dondarrion, leader of the Brotherhood without Banners and loyal to House Stark.  He has been resurrected by a Red Priest several times ... and now has a flaming sword ... so odds are he may be the Lord of Light.  The Hound killed him a few seasons ago when they captured The Hound and Arya.  
    Ha, thanks for the tremendous descriptive answer. I know who he is though. Haven't seen the lad in a while.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Oh yeah!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    Jason P said:
    JK_Livin said:

At the risk of nit-picking, I think he had the flaming sword back when he took part in the Trial by Combat with the Hound.

I can't wait for the new season.

• RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Can't wait till it's Sunday night. 
    No leaks yet  =)
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
    Watched some of the last episode again today.
    As Queen Cersei closes the door, leaving Zombie Clegane to have his way with the sister. 
    "Shame.  Shame."

Can't wait!
    Tonights the Night.....
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited July 2017
    Jason P said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Dondarrion the Lord of Light?
    Naw, no way.
    That has to be Jon Snow or Bran, otherwise it won't have enough impact.

Dondarrion is less of a character even than Thoros, not in terms of importance to the story, but in terms of effort spent in investing us in the character.  If he was going to be the big guy, we'd have been seeing more of him and better exposition around his ark.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,386
    rgambs said:
    Jason P said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Naw, no way.

Dondarrion is less of a character even than Thoros, not in terms of importance to the story, but in terms of effort spent in investing us in the character.  If he was going to be the big guy, we'd have been seeing more of him and better exposition around his ark.

IDK about the Lord of Light, but there was definitely some heavy foreshadowing  going on when the Hound was asking Dondarrion what makes him so special to be brought back so many times. I think he will come to play a pretty large role down the stretch.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    downloading now to watch
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Solid episode to start the season.....that opening scene was great!  Not a whole lot happened, but good setup for the rest of the season.

rgambs said:
    Jason P said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Naw, no way.

IDK about the Lord of Light, but there was definitely some heavy foreshadowing  going on when the Hound was asking Dondarrion what makes him so special to be brought back so many times. I think he will come to play a pretty large role down the stretch.
    I took that (and this is influenced by my take on the books as well) to be an evidencing of the resurgence of magic in the world, without much further import.
    I could be wrong, but it seems unlikely to me that a character with so few scenes (and who is upstaged by Thoros and the archer) would be the Lord of Light when it comes to pass.
    Martin's work is full of such dead ends, characters with foreshadowing events that turn out to be dead ends.
    edited July 2017
    After all, Lady Catelyn was resurrected by Thoros as well, so if the Lord of Light is coming from the BWB, it's more likely to be Thoros!

I'm going to have to exit this thread soon, spoilers be coming and I won't see it until it arrives on Blu-ray.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Awesome seeing Dany arrive at Dragonstone. Been waiting so long for her to be at Westeros.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Solid episode to start the season.....that opening scene was great!  Not a whole lot happened, but good setup for the rest of the season.

Thought the same. But then I thought nothing really happened, it was all back story or set up, and with a short season I thought they'd pack more in. I'm guessing the minor scenes will become important later that I didn't even realize
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Also- what the hell was with that Ed Sheeran cameo?  Was that necessary?  This isn't a show on the CW!
    Also- what the hell was with that Ed Sheeran cameo?  Was that necessary?  This isn't a show on the CW!
    Apparently the actress who plays Arya loves him and they worked in a scene for her.  There have been other cameos by musicians but this was so over the top. 
    [during the viewing Sunday night]
    Me:  Is that Ed Fucking Sheeran?
    Wife:  No
    [finishes singing]
    Me:  I think it was.  That is pretty heavy handed, having him sing.
    Wife: Huh.
    [Scene finishes.  I look him up on IMDB]
    Me:  That was Ed Fucking Sheeran.  That just took me out of the show for a bit.  Dumb.
    Wife:  You take this show far too seriously.

Perfect cameo for Friends not this. Can't blame him for doing it though. I'd do it.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I noticed it was him right away.  Didn't bother me as it was a short scene and he didn't say much.