Feed The Fuzzies

whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
This is something I started a while back. Feed the fuzzies offers food and vaccine vouchers for homeless people's pets. I see these people and their pets everywhere.. and when I was doing well financially, I always carried bags of cat and dog food in my car to offer. Then I started working with a local veterinary practice that held Paws in the Park two weekends a month, where they gave out vaccines, and I gave out food... that all ended when my good fortune fell away.. but now as the cold of winter settles upon us here in Colorado, I want to get this going again!

I would also like to start offering care supplies, like collapsible bowls, and leash sets, maybe even some toys??
Wanna make a homeless pet's life a little better this winter?? Help me help them out. I have reset this account up in a separate account just for this program. So if you would like to help out, please PayPal any donations to K9Mafia97@hotmail.com. Please add a note as to what you wish your donation to go towards, ( I.e. Food, toys, care supplies, etc). Thank you, and the homeless pets of Colorado Springs thank you too!
God bless you all, and have a wonderful day!

Comments

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    :clap:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    This so makes me smile, Tree. Well done, my friend.

As I don't do PayPal, can I send a check to you (and if so, payable to whom)?

Love the email address, by the way.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    I just donated. A lot of times, homeless people take better care of their animals than they take care of themselves. Hopefully, with food and supplies for their pets, the homeless people might be able to feed themselves.

You're doing a great thing, Tree! :hug:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    hedonist said:

This so makes me smile, Tree. Well done, my friend.

As I don't do PayPal, can I send a check to you (and if so, payable to whom)?

Love the email address, by the way.

Yes, you surely may!
    Send it to me as Theresa Tomsen. And write "Feed the Fuzzies" in the memo.
    You
    Guys make my heart smile!!
    Wobbie said:

I just donated. A lot of times, homeless people take better care of their animals than they take care of themselves. Hopefully, with food and supplies for their pets, the homeless people might be able to feed themselves.

You're doing a great thing, Tree! :hug:

Thank you. Having been homeless with one of my Wolf-dogs I know this to be true!

Just waiting for the Petco rep to get back to me on how I can use the PayPal there for our supplies.!
    Thank you all very much!
    bump
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I wanna donate but I don't think I have money in PayPal or my bank account. Can I just send you cash?
    lol I will accept that. :-)
    As soon as things get rolling, I'll have it set up to where checks etc. are made out to Feed the Fuzzies.

Going shopping Sunday! Pics to come.
    You all are so amazing! 125.00 for food and vaccines!
    Our logo.
    :dog:
  • joberto1217joberto1217 Asbury Park, NJ Posts: 9
    Great cause. I will do what I can to help.
    Aww thank you! We are almost out of the first round of dog food, and about half way through the first round of cat food. We were also able to "donate" two spay or nueter vouchers. One for a kitty named Max.. and one for a doggie named Delta.

Snow again, come next week, so time to start passing out food again!
    Just had a guy come into the store where I
    Work part time, and ask the store owner, "Hey, I heard that the Feed the Fuzzies lady works here, is she here?"
    ( my poor boss was a little confused).
    I came out hauling six boxes of small animal foods and supplies to put out in our pet section.. and my boss asks me..
    "Tree, do you know about something called Feed the Fuzzies?"
    I told him yes, that I had started that a couple years ago. So this guy realizes it's me he's looking for, and he says
    "I have something for you."
    Now, in the back of my mind something seems oddly familiar about him.. so I follow him out to his truck.. and there in the bed of his truck is 200 lbs of dog food! He donated it to the cause. Then he tells me that the first year I did this he had received food from me for his giant Mastiff Greyley. Then it clicked! This was the guy whose dog used to run up to me as I pulled into the park to hand out food!!
    Mark, the owner, now works at COS utilities company, is back on his feet, and Greyley looks great, he is greying and slower, but happy and healthy.
    This just made my day!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That just made MY day, Tree. So beautiful when giving makes full-circle, especially when unintended.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    I love your stories. (even the good ones :wink: )
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Just had a guy come into the store where I
    Work part time, and ask the store owner, "Hey, I heard that the Feed the Fuzzies lady works here, is she here?"
    ( my poor boss was a little confused).
    I came out hauling six boxes of small animal foods and supplies to put out in our pet section.. and my boss asks me..
    "Tree, do you know about something called Feed the Fuzzies?"
    I told him yes, that I had started that a couple years ago. So this guy realizes it's me he's looking for, and he says
    "I have something for you."
    Now, in the back of my mind something seems oddly familiar about him.. so I follow him out to his truck.. and there in the bed of his truck is 200 lbs of dog food! He donated it to the cause. Then he tells me that the first year I did this he had received food from me for his giant Mastiff Greyley. Then it clicked! This was the guy whose dog used to run up to me as I pulled into the park to hand out food!!
    Mark, the owner, now works at COS utilities company, is back on his feet, and Greyley looks great, he is greying and slower, but happy and healthy.
    This just made my day!!

This is just awesome! :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
    And before I even needed to ask for more donations.. some just came in! Thank you
    Guys soooo much for helping
    Me help the animals that can't help themselves! Love, love, LOVE you guys!