Syria and the US's Motive

same old US foreign policy ... killing in the name of ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8JppJyVxYU&feature=youtu.be&t=1633

Comments

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Senate armed services committee
    Q: how do we control all the airspace over Syria to stop the bombing
    A: We would have to go to war with Syria and Russia
    JC29856 said:

Senate armed services committee
    Q: how do we control all the airspace over Syria to stop the bombing
    A: We would have to go to war with Syria and Russia

Q: did Russia bomb the convoy
    A: that hasn't been concluded, but they are responsible....by association for working with the Syrians
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    "the US policy on Syria, regime change, is not wrong in its details, it is wrong in its fundamentals ... it is wrong root and branch ... it violates the UN charter ... it violates International law ... the US is bombing parts of Syria without the consent of legitimate gov't ... the sanctions violate International law"

i find it utterly sad that so many clinton supporters continue to ignore the massive elephant in the room ... the US has been at war every day of Obama's administration ... the US continues to enact a foreign policy that serves big multi national interests while all the while BREEDING terrorism all around the world ... the US is the father of terrorism ... so, while everyone fights about the honour of a song or a flag ... know that the truth shows there is no honour in either of them ... only suffering and greed ...
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    polaris_x said:

"the US policy on Syria, regime change, is not wrong in its details, it is wrong in its fundamentals ... it is wrong root and branch ... it violates the UN charter ... it violates International law ... the US is bombing parts of Syria without the consent of legitimate gov't ... the sanctions violate International law"

i find it utterly sad that so many clinton supporters continue to ignore the massive elephant in the room ... the US has been at war every day of Obama's administration ... the US continues to enact a foreign policy that serves big multi national interests while all the while BREEDING terrorism all around the world ... the US is the father of terrorism ... so, while everyone fights about the honour of a song or a flag ... know that the truth shows there is no honour in either of them ... only suffering and greed ...

The US is not the father of terrorism. Not under this President or any other. The truth shows that.
    BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

The US is not the father of terrorism. Not under this President or any other. The truth shows that.
    Engine that drives terrorism, unquestionably
    JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

No. Sorry. American and/or western foreign policy does not drive today's terrorism. No. Radical Islamic ideology drives terrorism. The ideology existed before the United States of America was ever a country. The difference now is that the ideology has global reach and 21st century technology at it's disposal. You are terribly wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong. Unquestionably terribly wrong.
    Ouch! That had to hurt

https://youtu.be/Sb0eOcWreH8
    BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

No. Sorry. American and/or western foreign policy does not drive today's terrorism. No. Radical Islamic ideology drives terrorism. The ideology existed before the United States of America was ever a country. The difference now is that the ideology has global reach and 21st century technology at it's disposal. You are terribly wrong. Terribly, terribly wrong. Unquestionably terribly wrong.
    repeating words doesn't actually make your position any stronger ... all it indicates to me is that the words you type are really aimed at convincing your ownself from the bitter reality ... this notion that you live in the greatest country in the world that spreads freedom and democracy is about as mythical as santa clause ...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

repeating words doesn't actually make your position any stronger ... all it indicates to me is that the words you type are really aimed at convincing your ownself from the bitter reality ... this notion that you live in the greatest country in the world that spreads freedom and democracy is about as mythical as santa clause ...
    BS appears to be an American right-winger, but he's actually Canadian.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

BS appears to be an American right-winger, but he's actually Canadian.
    ahhhh ... maybe that is why he is even questioning it ... haha ... if he was american - he'd do what most do ... turn a blind eye ...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

of course it does. the whole idea behind attacking the west and its allies all began with the west bombing the shit out of them and their children in the name of "peace" and "liberation". that's where modern terrorism was born.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    polaris_x said:
    I'm just going to point out that you are making a huge fuss in the thread about Russia's influence on the election that news outlets shouldn't be trusted because they are trying to profit. And then you post something by "21stcenturywire.com".... Uhhh

polaris_x said:
    I'm just going to point out that you are making a huge fuss in the thread about Russia's influence on the election that news outlets shouldn't be trusted because they are trying to profit. And then you post something by "21stcenturywire.com".... Uhhh
    ok ... so, if I say you can't trust everything from the mainstream media ... then how else am I supposed to post things? ... i also stated in those threads that I think critically about subjects ... i just don't subscribe to a thinking that is fed to me ...

so, feel free to read the article in the link and try to dispute any of it ... seriously, just try ... you're gonna end up like the norwegian journalist in the youtube video above ...
  • cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:
    ok ... so, if I say you can't trust everything from the mainstream media ... then how else am I supposed to post things? ... i also stated in those threads that I think critically about subjects ... i just don't subscribe to a thinking that is fed to me ...

so, feel free to read the article in the link and try to dispute any of it ... seriously, just try ... you're gonna end up like the norwegian journalist in the youtube video above ...
    I started reading through it but couldn't finish. It is poorly written, it is not a slight bias, but full on attack article. And what are they attacking? People that help save others. What is that article trying to prove? That the "other" Syria civil defense is better? Aren't they both doing good? I applaud you for critically thinking, and I try to do the same. But posting a opinion blog that is covered in ads and begging for donations is not critical thinking...

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

I started reading through it but couldn't finish. It is poorly written, it is not a slight bias, but full on attack article. And what are they attacking? People that help save others. What is that article trying to prove? That the "other" Syria civil defense is better? Aren't they both doing good? I applaud you for critically thinking, and I try to do the same. But posting a opinion blog that is covered in ads and begging for donations is not critical thinking...
    haha ... ok ... it is not poorly written ... there are a few ads for other links and it asks for donations ... that pretty much discounts all websites from being a source of information ...

the article proves that the WhiteHelmets are really a black ops group funded by the US ... but if you don't want to read it ... it's cool ... but you aren't actually going to be able to critically disprove the content ...

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

try this

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/11/04/just-how-gray-are-the-white-helmets-of-syria/
    JC29856 said:

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

try this

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/11/04/just-how-gray-are-the-white-helmets-of-syria/
    or this

http://www.globalresearch.ca/syria-and-the-white-helmets-fake-humanitarian-entity-supported-by-us-nato-a-politically-motivated-hoax/5552246
    interesting. I had not heard of the white helmets until yesterday, when i was watching CNN. Brooke Baldwin was doing a piece on the broken ceasefire in Syria, and then transitions to a trailer for the film on the white helmets. it seemed like she was almost doing an advertisement for the film.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

You can't trust everything from anyone. Of course every news story needs to be read with critical thinking and a grain of salt. In reality, 'MSM' is probably 75-90% delivery of factual news. The other 10-25% is dedicated to spin, discussion, debate, and other things that might be called 'bias'.

It becomes an issue when people use your logic to discredit everything the 'MSM' media says as lies. They are to be trusted 0%. Everything they say is propaganda. Then you logoff from 21stcenturywire.com and go put your laundry in the GE washer humming away reliably in your musty basement for the last 8 years.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

You can't trust everything from anyone. Of course every news story needs to be read with critical thinking and a grain of salt. In reality, 'MSM' is probably 75-90% delivery of factual news. The other 10-25% is dedicated to spin, discussion, debate, and other things that might be called 'bias'.

It becomes an issue when people use your logic to discredit everything the 'MSM' media says as lies. They are to be trusted 0%. Everything they say is propaganda. Then you logoff from 21stcenturywire.com and go put your laundry in the GE washer humming away reliably in your musty basement for the last 8 years.
    there are too many independent journalists on the planet to even bother with MSM. the only reason why I tune into MSM is to see what they aren't talking about.
    CM189191 said:

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

dude ... i said it at least 2 times in the other thread that I didn't say the msm lied all the time ... I also said that sometimes they don't even realize they are part of the propaganda machine ... they just report what's given to them ...

interesting. I had not heard of the white helmets until yesterday, when i was watching CNN. Brooke Baldwin was doing a piece on the broken ceasefire in Syria, and then transitions to a trailer for the film on the white helmets. it seemed like she was almost doing an advertisement for the film.

think critically, be objective and come to your own conclusions ...
    polaris_x said:

and most of all stay anti-American
    BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

Triggered!!!
    BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

feel free to post thoughtful points or facts to go against anything I've written ... or continue to troll ... all cool with me ... i can ignore people like yourself easily ...
    polaris_x said:

BS44325 said:

polaris_x said:

feel free to post thoughtful points or facts to go against anything I've written ... or continue to troll ... all cool with me ... i can ignore people like yourself easily ...
    I would be happy too. I read your 21st century link and correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding you are currently blaming the US and NATO for the destruction in Syria. Combine this with your past statements and it seems that you have a pro-Assad view of things. Am I wrong? Other then a general adherence to the belief that Western actions are the root of all evil I am not exactly sure what type of Syria policy you are advocating for? Or just ignore me... all cool with me...
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

there are too many independent journalists on the planet to even bother with MSM. the only reason why I tune into MSM is to see what they aren't talking about.
    that's hipster talk!
    I only listen to independent journalists, you wouldn't have heard of them.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:

JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

polaris_x said:

polaris_x said:

that's hipster talk!
    I only listen to independent journalists, you wouldn't have heard of them.
    GERN-BERN!!!!!!
    polaris_x said:

I do my best. I honestly don't know how some of you folks find the time to have so much insight into world affairs. I spend a lot of time on AMT trying to play catch up.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD