Ryan Adams News/Info

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Album is out there. It's kinda good.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    goldrush said:

Barnes & Noble exclusive vinyl with different artwork is up for preorder:

Has anyone outside of the US ever had a good experience ordering a B&N exclusive.

All of the ones I've ordered in the past into the UK have taken about 2 to 3 months after the release date to even ship, seems pointless preordering especially since the discount they seem to offer on a weekly basis offer is not applicable to preorders.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Album is out there. It's kinda good.

Yup
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • It's not in immediate love. I know I will eventually though. After a couple listens, a lot sounds very similar to everything else on the record.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    edited December 2016
    This album is AMAZING

edited December 2016
    Eh. It's amazing when compared to anything he's done in the past decade. It's mediocre compared to his 97-05 output.

Eh. It's amazing when compared to anything he's done in the past decade. It's mediocre compared to his 97-05 output.

I mean I think that goes without saying. But why can't something be really great on its own.

I'm really loving Shiver and Shake and Breakdown.
  • rattzeyrattzey Posts: 875
    Watching a taped ACL , man it is sweet
    Walkin on a slippery sidewalk listening to P.J
    In terms of the last decade, I really liked Ashes & Fire and the European acoustic shows around that time were probably the best Ive ever seen Ryan. S/T had some great moments on it but I wasn't blown away. The singles series was enjoyable and 1989 was everything I would want in a covers album project. Looking forward to the new album. I especially like Prisoner and Haunted House live but just not sure of Do you still love me? As a lead single I prefer Gimme Something Good.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 630
    Man, I'm usually pretty good about "happening upon" albums on the internet, but striking out on this haha
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    This thing just gets better and better the more I listen. There's so much heartbreak in the songs. It has to be his most personal record by far.

After Heartbreaker, sure.
    New single is really good. Musically it reminds me of Everybody knows which I never liked that much but " To be without you" seems to strike a chord with me.
    edited December 2016

Not sure why it didn't post but if you follow that Instagram post check out Ryan's comment on the record
    Post edited by Daron Oshay on
  • So happy he announced a show in my hometown (Columbia) after an 8 year absence! Also announced a Charleston show.
    I'm through with screaming
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

So happy he announced a show in my hometown (Columbia) after an 8 year absence! Also announced a Charleston show.

That handful of shows can't be it......
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

So happy he announced a show in my hometown (Columbia) after an 8 year absence! Also announced a Charleston show.

i questioned him coming all the way to sydney early december last year thinking why would anyone in their right mind come that far just for one gig.... then i remembered i did exactly the same thing when i flew to LA in august to see him play the greek. a 14 hour flight... not a unreasonable thing for me when it comes to ryan adams. :)

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • So happy he announced a show in my hometown (Columbia) after an 8 year absence! Also announced a Charleston show.

Maybe not. He does tend to announce shows like that. Surprised to see Charleston again, though, since he just played there May 2015.

i questioned him coming all the way to sydney early december last year thinking why would anyone in their right mind come that far just for one gig.... then i remembered i did exactly the same thing when i flew to LA in august to see him play the greek. a 14 hour flight... not a unreasonable thing for me when it comes to ryan adams. :)

Nice!

that Greek show was well worth it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    mfc2006 said:

that Greek show was well worth it!
    oh fuck yeah. :) he so disorientated me that i found myself walking down hillhurst instead of vermont. lol

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    150 large for the 7" box set. Ouch
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati

going to have to pass....that's damn pricey. I hope he releases those bsides another way.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • joberschlakejoberschlake Columbus, OH Posts: 1,179
    mfc2006 said:

going to have to pass....that's damn pricey. I hope he releases those bsides another way.
    Same here. No need for all the extra stuff. Maybe he'll release a 12 of the b sides.

1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
    I got it. Have to keep the collection going.

Can't wait to hear the extra songs

29 total is pretty badass
    mfc2006 said:

They are getting a digital release, so I imagine they'll be out in the world when this drops.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Most likely on the sidelines for this one. Must. Resist. The collector in me (read: hoarder) wants it but it'd probably wind up sitting right next to my copy of Sevens that's never been played. Plus I need the 150 to help get to Chicago in June to see TP play Wrigley :smile:
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    jjflash said:

Most likely on the sidelines for this one. Must. Resist. The collector in me (read: hoarder) wants it but it'd probably wind up sitting right next to my copy of Sevens that's never been played. Plus I need the 150 to help get to Chicago in June to see TP play Wrigley :smile:

I haven't heard the new album yet.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    "12 randomly selected box sets will contain a one-of-a-kind solo acoustic 7" of one of Prisoner's 12 tracks recorded direct-to-vinyl in the vintage Voice-O-Graph booth at Electric Lady studios. Only one single of each song exists and only one run of Prisoner: End of World Edition will ever be pressed"

Is it weird that it's the extras that are putting me off going for this? I've paid more for vinyl in the past - and 12 records with 29 tracks (with an outside chance of a 30th track) is pretty good - but all the action figures and stage stuff is making it look cheaper to me. If it was just the vinyl I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Definitely weird. Not sure how it devalues it. Throw it away if you think the 12x7" are with the $170.