Russia's Influence On The American Election

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    You have to follow the trail that leads directly to Putin just start with the top choice for Secretary of State Rex Tillerson who received the highest medal given out by Russia , its easy just connect the dots !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    CH156378 said:

Is this about hacking, propaganda, or actually vote tallies? unless Russia actually hacked and changed vote totals in real time, I say shame on us. All the propaganda and Russian hacking in the world couldn't get me to vote for the man with a golden toilet.

i know, i know
  • Watch this thread fall as fast as this Russian conspiracy out of the headlines.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    CH156378 said:

Is this about hacking, propaganda, or actually vote tallies? unless Russia actually hacked and changed vote totals in real time, I say shame on us. All the propaganda and Russian hacking in the world couldn't get me to vote for the man with a golden toilet.

Hacking and propaganda. As far as I know there is no evidence of vote rigging.
  • I've not come across one liberal person who has said the hacking cost the Dems the election. I also haven't seen anyone saying that this should be investigated because it could magically change the results of the election. A foreign nation hacked our election system. I don't care if that country is Russia, Tanzania or England, if you hack us, we should look into it so that we find out what went wrong, what type of information was compromised and how we make sure that it doesn't happen again. This isn't fucking rocket science. It shouldn't be that hard to see why it needs to be looked into.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

I've not come across one liberal person who has said the hacking cost the Dems the election. I also haven't seen anyone saying that this should be investigated because it could magically change the results of the election. A foreign nation hacked our election system. I don't care if that country is Russia, Tanzania or England, if you hack us, we should look into it so that we find out what went wrong, what type of information was compromised and how we make sure that it doesn't happen again. This isn't fucking rocket science. It shouldn't be that hard to see why it needs to be looked into.

I don't think there is evidence they hacked your election system. There is some evidence that they hacked the RNC, DNC and possibly John Podesta. That is different.
  • I work for a state election board that was hacked. Is that evidence enough for you?
  • I work for a state election board that was hacked. Is that evidence enough for you?

And you voted for President-elect Trump.

Ha! Sorry, my man. That isn't something I was willing to do.
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425

I work for a state election board that was hacked. Is that evidence enough for you?

you can't say something like that and not elaborate. please give us more!

Ha! Sorry, my man. That isn't something I was willing to do.
    I was just making a point that just because a person says things doesn't always mean it's the truth.
    So you happen to work for a state election board that was hacked?
    Explain.
  • One of the top choices for SOS:

"As CEO of the world's largest publicly traded company, Tillerson has brokered deals with Russia for drilling rights, which had been imperiled by U.S. sanctions against Moscow after Russia's invasion of Crimea and its actions in Ukraine."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-exxon-ceo-secretary-of-state-candidate-20161209-story,amp.html?client=safari

There's nothing to see here folks.
  • There isn't too much that I can elaborate without the fear of losing my job. We haven't released any sort of official statement or release since the initial hacking took place around August, but when the first batch of states came out in the media as being hacked, we were one of them.
    Sorry there's not much to say. Well, that I CAN say. But the hacking from Russia is very real. I don't work in IT where the attack obviously happened, so I'm not aware of specifics as to how they got in, what they saw, how long they were in, etc.
    I don't believe it determined the election though.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    "I don't see any fire here."

"I don't either. I can't see anything through all this damn smoke!"

"...I changed by not changing at all..."

There isn't too much that I can elaborate without the fear of losing my job. We haven't released any sort of official statement or release since the initial hacking took place around August, but when the first batch of states came out in the media as being hacked, we were one of them.
    Sorry there's not much to say. Well, that I CAN say. But the hacking from Russia is very real. I don't work in IT where the attack obviously happened, so I'm not aware of specifics as to how they got in, what they saw, how long they were in, etc.

Well in that case it isn't enough evidence for me.
  • BS44325 said:

There isn't too much that I can elaborate without the fear of losing my job. We haven't released any sort of official statement or release since the initial hacking took place around August, but when the first batch of states came out in the media as being hacked, we were one of them.

Yup. First hand factual, professional experience offered as evidence and it not being enough. Welcome to the post-fact world.
  • Watch this thread fall as fast as this Russian conspiracy out of the headlines.

So you are denying that russia has the capability to hack into electronic voting machines?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • ^^^
    How can I deny an alleged capability?

BS44325 said:

Yup. First hand factual, professional experience offered as evidence and it not being enough. Welcome to the post-fact world.
    No. Random person on internet who gives very little detail and actually says "I'm not aware of specifics as to how they got in, what they saw, how long they were in, etc" yet wants everybody to believe that the russians "hacked the election system". We can't be in a post-fact world until we emerg from your no-fact world.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016

BS44325 said:

Your story of first hand factual events are as credible as nothing.
    I caught a fish once, it was huge.
  • This whole thread concept is something else.
    Asking others for information to prove them right.
    It's bass ackwards

This whole thread concept is something else.
    It's bass ackwards

This actually doesn't bother me. I actually assume everything gets hacked as that is what every foreign government tries to do. What I find hilarious though is that 1) people think this is why Hillary lost; 2) these same people generally don't care about Russia's behaviour in other parts of the world and 3) again these same people say there is no evidence that Hillary's private server was hacked exposing national security secrets. The outrage is so phony.
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    ^^^
    The outrage is so phony.

I agree but some truly are outraged and those are the deranged ones.
  • This whole thread concept is something else.
    It's bass ackwards

Since you don't think it happened, it shouldn't be investigated or discussed? Ok. Makes sense.

It's bass ackwards

Since you don't think it happened, it shouldn't be investigated or discussed? Ok. Makes sense.
    I'm ok with it being investigated. I am also okay with everybody finally admitting that Obama and Hillary's Russian reset was an epic failire. I am also ok with everybody admitting that Romney was right in the 2012 debates and that Obama and all those who laughed at his "the 1980's called" joke were horribly wrong. I am also ok with everybody coming to terms with the fact that even Sarah Palin had a better understanding of Putin then the Obama/Clinton foreign policy team. After all the investigation will have to also figure out how who was minding the store while the Russian's penetrated everything. Was it simply the case of poor cyber-defenses or was there negligence in the setting up of unprotected servers that unwittingly gave access through a back door? These questions will have to be answered and both those responsible for the hack and those who failed in protecting the system will need to be punished.
  • BS44325 said:

It's bass ackwards

I'm ok with it being investigated. I am also okay with everybody finally admitting that Obama and Hillary's Russian reset was an epic failire. I am also ok with everybody admitting that Romney was right in the 2012 debates and that Obama and all those who laughed at his "the 1980's called" joke were horribly wrong. I am also ok with everybody coming to terms with the fact that even Sarah Palin had a better understanding of Putin then the Obama/Clinton foreign policy team. After all the investigation will have to also figure out how who was minding the store while the Russian's penetrated everything. Was it simply the case of poor cyber-defenses or was there negligence in the setting up of unprotected servers that unwittingly gave access through a back door? These questions will have to be answered and both those responsible for the hack and those who failed in protecting the system will need to be punished.
    Most of what you just said here is laughable. Especially the Sarah Palin part. Good stuff there.

BS44325 said:

It's bass ackwards

Most of what you just said here is laughable. Especially the Sarah Palin part. Good stuff there.
    Which proves my point that some don't really care about Russia's actions at all. It's phony outrage.