2017 ISO Goose Island Beer!!!

Comments

• TC282314TC282314 Posts: 378
    ME68701 said:

ME68701 said:

If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to trade a bottle of 2015 Bourbon County Brand Stout for a bottle of this years Bourbon County Barleywine, Bourbon County Coffee Stout or Proprieters. I never have a problem getting the regular BCBS, its the other varieties that don't show up around these parts. I usually buy quite a bit of the BCBS each year and pop one open and let the rest sit for at least a year. The I just recently had a 2015 and after just 1 year its considerably better. I just popped open the last of my 2012 and wow was that worth the wait. Anyway, PM if you want a bottle thats already been aged an extra year.

It'll take multiple bottles to secure one of the variants.
    Are they really that much more rare? I just figured they weren't around here because Goose Island hasn't really caught on like it has in other parts of the country.
    My store got 10 cases of the regular and 12 bottles of the coffee. Coffee was 1 bottle per person. Much harder to get.
  • TC282314TC282314 Posts: 378

I've always wanted to try Heady Topper. Can anyone get that?

This is my favorite.
  • My buddy and and I went out collecting yesterday:
    photo image_zpsbtxnul2a.jpg

photo image_zpssj68587x.jpg

Chris, there is more Propietors that will be hitting the stores this week. I have a couple more people to buy for and I will grab you one as well.
  • ME68701ME68701 Hershey, PA Posts: 103
    Anyone else willing to get me a Proprieters, Brandywine or Coffee? Don't need all three, just never had anything else other than the regular BCBS. I have stuff to trade. PM me.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

Found this in a Denver beer article about local breweries releasing beers on black friday....

Once upon a time (a few years ago), craft beer lovers looked forward to Black Friday, not because of the sales and Christmas shopping, but because it was the day that Chicago's Goose Island Beer Company released its Bourbon County Brand Stout — one of the most delicious, most sought-after beers in America. Then, when the brewery began selling this rare beer in Denver for the first time, the frenzy at liquor stores began to equal that rush for TVs and toys at Walmart (well, not quite).

But times have changed. Although Goose Island was purchased by Anheuser Busch Inbev ( the makers of Bud Light Lime) back in 2011, some beer fans have now decided to eschew Bourbon County Stout because of AB InBev's buying spree (it now owns nine formerly craft breweries) and anti-craft beer practices. And although Goose Island still puts out Bourbon County Stout — and several variants — on Black Friday, many people no longer buy it because they don't like the association with AB InBev. In addition, some of the beers were infected last year, prompting a recall and refund from the brewery. Falling Rock Taphouse even plans to tap its last keg of BCBS from last year as a way to "say goodbye to the beer overlords," like AB InBev — and will donate the proceeds to the Colorado Brewers Guild.

Times really haven't changed in terms of BCBS, still made here in Chicago with many of the same staff. Some of Goose Islands mainstream beers are now produced at satellite distilleries of InBev, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

The outsourcing of the more common beers allows for Goose Island Chicago to focus on more innovation and BCBS.

Futhermore, being acquired by InBev allowed GI beers access to InBev's distribution partners in other states. So in essence it is the buying out by InBev several years ago that made BCBS available out of the Chicago market.

The whole "big is bad" is the major downfall of the craft alcohol movement. When a little guy finally gets big enough to reach mass distribution they are now sell outs.

Sound familiar music fans?
    But keep in mind that your money doesn't stay here and support your locally owned brewery. It goes to Belgium to support a multi-national beer conglomerate.

• But keep in mind that your money doesn't stay here and support your locally owned brewery. It goes to Belgium to support a multi-national beer conglomerate.

I'm sorry I can't go along with this... Sure the heads of InBev are in Belgium receiving their cut, but you are leaving out all the other stakeholders. The are many many people who are getting paid right here in the US on every single bottle, from the head Chicago Brewmaster to the apprentices, clerical staff, wholesalers, truck drivers, etc; it goes on and on. They aren't commuting every day from Belgium; they are getting paid here and keeping the money here (if they choose to).

I am saying all this as someone who works at the distributor level for many multinational wine and spirit suppliers. We are doing just fine. :wink:
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Is there no end in collecting!? Haha!! You guys have been bitten by a special bug that's for sure!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Is there no end in collecting!? Haha!! You guys have been bitten by a special bug that's for sure!

I'm in it for the drinking! :lol:
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I like beer....
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

But keep in mind that your money doesn't stay here and support your locally owned brewery. It goes to Belgium to support a multi-national beer conglomerate.

I'm sorry I can't go along with this... Sure the heads of InBev are in Belgium receiving their cut, but you are leaving out all the other stakeholders. The are many many people who are getting paid right here in the US on every single bottle, from the head Chicago Brewmaster to the apprentices, clerical staff, wholesalers, truck drivers, etc; it goes on and on. They aren't commuting every day from Belgium; they are getting paid here and keeping the money here (if they choose to).

I am saying all this as someone who works at the distributor level for many multinational wine and spirit suppliers. We are doing just fine. :wink:

I had a feeling this would be your response and it is a viable one.
    However, as someone who works in the craft beer side of things in Colorado I know no one who works in craft beer who would side with you. There are many of us who no longer purchase from or drink Goose Island, Breckenridge, 10barrel, Devils Backbone, etc etc. (These and others owned by the big international companies are no longer considered "craft beer")
    And many local craft beer purveyors are no longer carrying or serving any of the beers produced by inbev or SAB.
  • But keep in mind that your money doesn't stay here and support your locally owned brewery. It goes to Belgium to support a multi-national beer conglomerate.

I had a feeling this would be your response and it is a viable one.
    However, as someone who works in the craft beer side of things in Colorado I know no one who works in craft beer who would side with you. There are many of us who no longer purchase from or drink Goose Island, Breckenridge, 10barrel, Devils Backbone, etc etc. (These and others owned by the big international companies are no longer considered "craft beer")
    And many local craft beer purveyors are no longer carrying or serving any of the beers produced by inbev or SAB.

Beautiful, agreeing to disagree is always the most amicable decision. Two professionals from different parts of the alcohol industry can certainly have different view points.

However, I will pose a question to you: What's your definition of "craft"? Because there is definitely no standard.
  • My buddy and and I went out collecting yesterday:

Chris, there is more Propietors that will be hitting the stores this week. I have a couple more people to buy for and I will grab you one as well.

My God that is a beautiful site!!!

I will take as many props as u can get me!!!

Went to a special tasting last night for GI. They had Prop!!! It was really, really good. I let it warm up a little and the flavors in that beer were amazing. Never thought I'd see it on tap anywhere but Illinois. GI representative said that only 3 places out of Illinois got it and this was one of them.

Thank u for thinking of me!!!

• Got 4 bottles of regular. Gonna be a good weekend

Sit on them for a year. You'll be happier!

Congrats on the pick up!

Any help for me?
    I got one bottle of the regular. Is this something you wanted?
    Regular is easy to get. It's the coffee and vintage ones that I really want!

How's that cake boxset @elvistheking44 ?
  • Bump!

Congrats on the pick up!

Any help for me?

Box set is great. Box was ruined in a moment of carelessness. The records still get heavy rotation! I'll keep my eyes out for your beer around here. I'm pretty uneducated on it but I'll keep a look out.

Congrats on the pick up!

Any help for me?

Box set is great. Box was ruined in a moment of carelessness. The records still get heavy rotation! I'll keep my eyes out for your beer around here. I'm pretty uneducated on it but I'll keep a look out.
    Awesome!

Anybody find anything yet?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Found this in a Denver beer article about local breweries releasing beers on black friday....

Once upon a time (a few years ago), craft beer lovers looked forward to Black Friday, not because of the sales and Christmas shopping, but because it was the day that Chicago's Goose Island Beer Company released its Bourbon County Brand Stout — one of the most delicious, most sought-after beers in America. Then, when the brewery began selling this rare beer in Denver for the first time, the frenzy at liquor stores began to equal that rush for TVs and toys at Walmart (well, not quite).

But times have changed. Although Goose Island was purchased by Anheuser Busch Inbev ( the makers of Bud Light Lime) back in 2011, some beer fans have now decided to eschew Bourbon County Stout because of AB InBev's buying spree (it now owns nine formerly craft breweries) and anti-craft beer practices. And although Goose Island still puts out Bourbon County Stout — and several variants — on Black Friday, many people no longer buy it because they don't like the association with AB InBev. In addition, some of the beers were infected last year, prompting a recall and refund from the brewery. Falling Rock Taphouse even plans to tap its last keg of BCBS from last year as a way to "say goodbye to the beer overlords," like AB InBev — and will donate the proceeds to the Colorado Brewers Guild.

A friend of mine said there was a line at 5:30 am to pick this up at a local shop. He also said that some of the kegs were infected this year as well, but not all. When aged, this is one tasty beer! Good luck to all!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com

Congrats on the pick up!

Any help for me?

Awesome!

I can't spend all day hanging at the liquor store but maybe you can find someone in Chicago who can. Check out Capones liquor on Facebook. They are releasing all theirs tonight at 6:00. Sounds like they are handing out numbers now until 6:00 but you have to stick around after you get your number. Looks like they have all the stuff you want.

Congrats on the pick up!

Any help for me?

Awesome!

I can't spend all day hanging at the liquor store but maybe you can find someone in Chicago who can. Check out Capones liquor on Facebook. They are releasing all theirs tonight at 6:00. Sounds like they are handing out numbers now until 6:00 but you have to stick around after you get your number. Looks like they have all the stuff you want.
    If only I was in ChiTown...
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

My buddy and and I went out collecting yesterday:

If by any chance you can grab a Prop for me after your peeps and tempo are taken care of, I'd be much obliged! No worries if ya can't.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Waiting for a PM...
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    So jealous of you Americans and your abundance of delicious craft beers. Not sure if anyone here has tried Stillwater Artisanal's Cellar Door (wheat ale brewed with white sage), but that's a personal favourite from Baltimore.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430

My buddy and and I went out collecting yesterday:

Love to see the Zombie Dust in there. FFF is by far my favorite brewery
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Local shop is releasing this stuff on Friday. I think their shipment came in late. I'm on the waiting list, but it'll probably sell out.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Big time score. 4 of everything. Coffee is outstanding as always. Looking forward to trying Prop.

• Big time score. 4 of everything. Coffee is outstanding as always. Looking forward to trying Prop.

Trade me one of those Proprietors!
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    Since we're on the topic of alcohol, if anyone in Colorado scored some Stranahan's Snowflake (Colorado whisky) and would be willing to part with a bottle I am interested. Please PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks.

Apologies for the semi-thread-hijack. Bump for the OP's quest for Proprietor.
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • Since we're on the topic of alcohol, if anyone in Colorado scored some Stranahan's Snowflake (Colorado whisky) and would be willing to part with a bottle I am interested. Please PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks.

I've got a bottle of 20yr old Pappy if someone is interested.
  • ME68701ME68701 Hershey, PA Posts: 103

Since we're on the topic of alcohol, if anyone in Colorado scored some Stranahan's Snowflake (Colorado whisky) and would be willing to part with a bottle I am interested. Please PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks.

I've got a bottle of 20yr old Pappy if someone is interested.
    I'm certainly interested, but not sure I can afford the ransom. PM Coming

This discussion has been closed.