Green Bean Casserole -- Amazing or Disgusting?

F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
edited November 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
Was having this conversation with some friends and am curious what people think here -- to heck with political polls, this is serious stuff. Thanksgiving food!
The love he receives is the love that is saved

Green Bean Casserole -- Amazing or Disgusting? 82 votes

YES! Green Bean Casserole is delicious!
32%
CantKeepmedownhedonistdarwinstheorybootlegger10stuckinlinechiwhitesoxiOnlyownMymindchadwicktbergsstatic111GlowGirlAbe Fromanjeff2040brianluxhauntingfamiliarwall232Jason7192PJ_Souljerparker20seanwon 27 votes
NO! I would prefer this food item be forever removed from the Thanksgiving menu.
42%
KatSeamca47mcgruff102-feign-reluctancegregkitefanPoncierEnkiduJason Pmookieblalocklolobuggmfc2006guacamolejoeCarryTheZerojwhjr17BIGDaddyWilIndifference71Who PrincessEmpty GlassMalroth 35 votes
Indifferent. Finds its way onto my plate.
24%
LizardjeffbrGet_RightThe Jugglermarkymark550madtowndaveCliffy6745DewieCoxmace1229HesCalledDyerKC138045Gern Blanstenrollingstempo_n_grooveFoxyRedLargambsdeadendpSmallestOceansfunk2funkyHi! 20 votes

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    NO! I would prefer this food item be forever removed from the Thanksgiving menu.
    Green beans are disgusting.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The Campbell's Soup Cream of Mushroom recipe with those nasty ass fried onion things on top?
    That stuff should not be eaten. Ever.
    Seems this is a go-to for some.
  • new to me..never heard of it...sounds tasty if you like green beans...especially fresh from the garden...otherwise I could see it being mushy if they are canned ..
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    How can green beans be disgusting? That's ridiculous, they are one of the most neutral foods you can imagine.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I like how this picture is meant to make it look good. Ummm, yeah, not working for me.
    Pic includes 3 foot items that are nearly unfit for human digestion. Those green beans in a can are a crime against food.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I'm good with it. I generally like green beans with all of the stuff on them though.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I've never actually had it, but I assume I would like it, since I really like green beans a lot. My mom always does a broccoli/cauliflower cassarole instead, and that is very good, so green beans should also work very nicely.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I like Green Bean Casserole. I find it neither amazing nor disgusting, but it is traditional, and belongs on my plate. I'd feel like I was missing something if I didn't have it as part of the Thanksgiving meal.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I don't seek it out but I'll put it on my plate if it's there.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    certainly not amazing but not disgusting either....it helps if the top is crunchy and the cream of mushroom soup is minimal.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    There is an option to vote for that, grandfather.
    :lol:

There is an option to vote for that, grandfather.

I used that option but it didn't carry over with my explanation. these polls always confuse me :angry:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    You pick the button on the original post, this is voting.
    How did they do it back in 1942? Did you get a coin that you put in a bucket or something?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Dissidents!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    i eat just the top - those crunchy fried onion things and then hide it on my plate under a roll and toss it out ASAP.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Ahh, the old "hidden under the roll" trick! Used that one many times. That and the "pretend to wipe your hand on your pant leg and drop it on the floor for the dog." :rofl:
    hedonist said:

Dissidents!

I'm guessing hedo likes it because she can make it :whistle:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wobbie said:

hedonist said:

Dissidents!

I'm guessing hedo likes it because she can make it :whistle:
    :angry:

Hey, I've gotta embrace my few "masterpieces" =)
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

i eat just the top - those crunchy fried onion things and then hide it on my plate under a roll and toss it out ASAP.

That was my go-to move as a kid! I hated vegetables when I was younger.
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    PJ_Soul said:

I've never actually had it, but I assume I would like it, since I really like green beans a lot. My mom always does a broccoli/cauliflower cassarole instead, and that is very good, so green beans should also work very nicely.

your mother is a champ. gotta love broccoli & cauliflower blend & or casserole. i'd love to read her recipe if you care to share it.
    green bean casserole is frickin wonderful grubbin. thick cream of mushroom soup not a lot of water or milk added. french fried onions can be eaten right out of the can or sack that they are in. i've had some pretty tasty green bean casserole.

secret - you get a slice of ham & put some green bean casserole on the ham, roll it up burrito style & eat.

you're welcome

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Mmm ... hamito....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Veggies are overrated
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    chadwick said:

PJ_Soul said:

your mother is a champ. gotta love broccoli & cauliflower blend & or casserole. i'd love to read her recipe if you care to share it.

secret - you get a slice of ham & put some green bean casserole on the ham, roll it up burrito style & eat.

you're welcome

the broc and cauliflower thing would HAVE to have cheese sauce.

and your "secret" sounds disgusting.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    I love the secret...just dont love GBC. Think I will try it with some other food stuffing tomorrow.
    melted cheese on your veggies is terrific

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    It also seems to be one of those top ten foods to take when there's a funeral.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

It also seems to be one of those top ten foods to take when there's a funeral.

Thankfully the dead don't eat.
    well, rob, some secrets aren't good for everybody. enjoy your thanksgiving & the weekend.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    This thread is ironic since I'm about to go make some for a pot luck tonight. But I didn't think this through all the way...like how I'll get it there and keep it warm. If I cover it, the condensation will make the onions on top all mushy. I hate that.