2023 CHICAGO BEARS

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    mca47 said:

One thing after another.

At this point I hope they just lose the rest of their games so they get a really high draft pick.
  • When you get ass raped by one of the worst teams in the league, it may be time to think about losing the rest of the games on the schedule. Cleveland isn't going to magically win out. They need a top 1 or 2 pick. While they're at it, start trading people away to get more draft picks. If they draft well, they could be good in 2 or 3 years.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

mca47 said:

One thing after another.

At this point I hope they just lose the rest of their games so they get a really high draft pick.
    Me too. They won't though. Fox is already in the hot seat. His career is over if they lose out. Even if they win a few more, he's position will be a discussion piece with the powers that be in the offseason.
    Every team has injuries. Every team will lose a guy for doing something dumb on or off the field. Every team will lose a game or two they should have won.
    Few other teams come in so un-prepared as often as the Bears do. Offense, defense, whatever. Against the Bucs, it looked like they didn't prepare or practice....and it turns out, Foxy gave them the entire week off over their bye.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Freeman suspended 4 games for PED's. Wtf..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Time for a complete rebuild, like the Cubs did.

Work on the offensive line for starters.

Gonna be years before this team does shit
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2

Time for a complete rebuild, like the Cubs did.

Work on the offensive line for starters.

Gonna be years before this team does shit

Team is a mess right now. There are some individual guys to be excited about thought with Floyd, Howard, Whitehair, Long, McPhee, Trevathan. It's bad, but things can change quickly for teams in the NFL.
    2-9. Yikes. Barkley actually didn't look too bad yesterday. And they should have won the game....game winning TD was dropped in the end zone twice. There had to have been at least 10 dropped passes yesterday. Oh well.

2-9. Yikes. Barkley actually didn't look too bad yesterday. And they should have won the game....game winning TD was dropped in the end zone twice. There had to have been at least 10 dropped passes yesterday. Oh well.

Never seen that many drops in any football game in my life. Yea Barkley made some great throws in the 4th. Looks like travathan blew out his knee but nothing confirmed yet. Unreal the amount of season ending injuries this team has had.

From what I've read, the Bears set a record for the number of dropped passes in a single game. 10 drops set the record since they kept track of the stat.
    I'd be interested in seeing the number of drops over the course of the season. I've never seen so many dropped balls in my life. Whether Cutler, Hoyer or Barkley was throwing...so many key and non-key drops. That also includes the two starting WRs...one of whom wants a top 5 WR contract...and who is also suspended.
    Wma31394 said:

Never seen that many drops in any football game in my life. Yea Barkley made some great throws in the 4th. Looks like travathan blew out his knee but nothing confirmed yet. Unreal the amount of season ending injuries this team has had.
    Are there any starters who have played in every game? I guess maybe the kicker and punter...
    I was starting to worry the Bears might actually win that one! Yikes!
    I do hope they beat the Packers though. That would be fun! They need to lose the rest though. :D
    mca47 said:

I do hope they beat the Packers though. That would be fun! They need to lose the rest though. :D

Yeah, they're better off not winning but holy shit their WRs are awful. That guy Bellamy has been on the team for 3-4 years and just flat out sucks. That last pass bounced right off his shoulder. Just brutal.

mca47 said:

Yeah, they're better off not winning but holy shit their WRs are awful. That guy Bellamy has been on the team for 3-4 years and just flat out sucks. That last pass bounced right off his shoulder. Just brutal.
    Yep, the dude sucks. They all suck.
    I'd like to see Braverman play more. The guy is supposed to have great hands and a supurb work ethic. Kinda like a Wes Welker.
    Play him! What can it hurt at this point?
    Very cold here today in Chicago and should be just as brutal on Sunday for the Packers game. I saw the Bears play the Texans years ago. Game temp never got above 4. Totally sucked. Beer kept freezing over.
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2

Very cold here today in Chicago and should be just as brutal on Sunday for the Packers game. I saw the Bears play the Texans years ago. Game temp never got above 4. Totally sucked. Beer kept freezing over.

Pretty sure I was at that game as well...I believe Chad Hutchinson was the starting QB...LOL. Can't believe I used to go to so many Bears games to see an awful team play in weather like that....now there's zero chance I would go to a game like Sunday. Getting old!

Pretty sure I was at that game as well...I believe Chad Hutchinson was the starting QB...LOL. Can't believe I used to go to so many Bears games to see an awful team play in weather like that....now there's zero chance I would go to a game like Sunday. Getting old!
    Zero chance is right..

I wouldn't go see those bums play if it was 72 and sunny!
    Now, if they weren't a complete embarrassment of a team, I'd go no matter what the weather was.

Actually, I take that back. They'd have to be pretty fn awesome for me to go to a game that had a high of 4. Fuck that! LOL I hate the cold!
    They played 'em tough, but came up short again. I like how hard this team plays under Fox, but am happy they aren't winning these close ones and messing up their draft pick. This nightmare season is almost over!
    Yesterday was 10 years since the Bears were in the super bowl. 1 playoff appearance since then....this article was so depressing but right on.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-bears-decade-missteps-biggs-spt-0205-20170204-column.html

Yesterday was 10 years since the Bears were in the super bowl. 1 playoff appearance since then....this article was so depressing but right on.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-bears-decade-missteps-biggs-spt-0205-20170204-column.html

I didn't read it yet but the bears are turning into a disgrace of an organization..especially if that law the family is pushing for goes through.
    The Bears are a mess. I really hope they don't go after Jimmy G. I do hope they take the best available player on the board, which i'm hoping is Jonathan Allen. Dude is a stud!
    Take a QB in the later rounds if one is available, then have any of the current Bears QBs start next year.
    They are no where near competing for a playoff spot, so build the team up and see about getting a QB in the draft in the next year or two.
    mca47 said:

The Bears are a mess. I really hope they don't go after Jimmy G. I do hope they take the best available player on the board, which i'm hoping is Jonathan Allen. Dude is a stud!
    Take a QB in the later rounds if one is available, then have any of the current Bears QBs start next year.
    They are no where near competing for a playoff spot, so build the team up and see about getting a QB in the draft in the next year or two.

If they can get Jimmy G without giving up a 1st round pick, I'd be all for it. Would be tough though....there would be a crazy amount of pressure on him as the hometown kid that everyone would expect to be the savior.

Agree on Jonathan Allen...that guy is a freak! Do not want them to draft any of the top 3 QBs.....don't think any of them are worth the #3 overall pick.

mca47 said:

If they can get Jimmy G without giving up a 1st round pick, I'd be all for it. Would be tough though....there would be a crazy amount of pressure on him as the hometown kid that everyone would expect to be the savior.

Agree on Jonathan Allen...that guy is a freak! Do not want them to draft any of the top 3 QBs.....don't think any of them are worth the #3 overall pick.
    I agree about the QBs in the current draft class. None would have been first rounders in the last 5 years of drafts. If they can land one in the 2nd or 3rd (won't be possible, i know) then go for it.

My problem, like many others with Jimmy G is that the dude is truly green. He played well in the limited time he had with NE, but I think most QBs in the league would succeed playing that scheme. Not to take anything away from Jimmy or even Brady, but that system truly minimizes the potential for mistakes. It's a well oiled machine where everyone is accountable and everyone HAS to do their job or they are playing for another team or sitting on the bench.
    The guy has shown and proven absolutely nothing IMO. Even if the Bears could get him for say a 3rd rounder, I don't think the team can support or sustain a young, fresh QB...at least not yet. If he's not physically injured, this Bears team is more than capable of causing even the strongest minded QB to be "shell shocked". I believe this in part is what happened to Cutler. A new system every year isn't helpful, but for as many hits, injuries, concussions the guy has sustained...it's not hard to see how someone could get physically and mentally decimated.
    That is the last thing you'd want with a young QB, especially one you had to pay a hefty sum to get.
    This is why I think they need to try to find someone young and relatively cheap (trade or draft), bring him in and learn for a year under any one of the QBs they have now. If the guy shows promise, then give him a shot in 2018. If not, then look to the next draft because the Bears will likely have a top 10 pick next year as well.
    edited February 2017
    Isn't it pathetic? NE Pats have had Brady for what? 17 years? And we've been stuck in this fucking rut?

Totally blows to be a Bears fan
    - Chicago G

Was just coming here to post the same thing. What a joke. I haven't been to a game in that shithole stadium in 4-5 years. And I don't see it happening anytime soon unless someone gives me free tickets. Road games are more fun to go to.
    Crappy team playing in a crappy stadium with literally no parking. Oh, and now you have to pay more for all of that crappiness!
    F that!
    So I guess it's time for the Mike Glennon era??? Hopefully Pace knows what he's doing. I'm sure they will still be drafting a QB in the first 2-3 rounds.

So I guess it's time for the Mike Glennon era??? Hopefully Pace knows what he's doing. I'm sure they will still be drafting a QB in the first 2-3 rounds.

Who?? ;) Crazy this guy gets that kind of money..his wife is smokin.

Ugh!
    15 million a year ($19 guaranteed), 3 year deal it sounds.

That's an insane amount of money for a guy who has proven pretty much nothing.
    The Bears would have been better off resigning Hoyer at $2mil/yr, and put money into some decent free agents.

Don't like this.