Should Donald Trump be impeached?

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    No
    It looks like nearly all are for impeachment. On what grounds? There have to be reasons other than "I don't like him."
    He hasn't been charged, let alone of any sexually related crimes (well, charged but the charges were dropped). There's been no criminal activity with Trump U, just people saying they wasted their money. Because he's made a few bad jokes and comments that's enough for impeachment?
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Yes
    ^^^ he hasnt been charged but he could be still. it seems like it will take a lady with a backbone to do it. no one likes an entitled pervert. ESP will go.
  • mace1229 said:

It looks like nearly all are for impeachment. On what grounds? There have to be reasons other than "I don't like him."
    He hasn't been charged, let alone of any sexually related crimes (well, charged but the charges were dropped). There's been no criminal activity with Trump U, just people saying they wasted their money. Because he's made a few bad jokes and comments that's enough for impeachment?

Agreed. I hate, HATE, that he won and will be President but this accomplishes nothing. You know what else I hated, Republicans saying before President Obama talk of not working with him, making sure he is a one term President and so much other nonsense. Look where that got us. It created a more divided country than when the President took office.
    Accusations are not grounds for impeachment. Unethical behavior prior to becoming president are not grounds for impeachment. There is nothing in Trump's history that makes me believe he won't drastically overreach his powers...then you pounce. Not now.
    Yes
    ^^^impeachment accomplishes nothing? Last I heard it's a major milestone in extracting human garbage that got elected to POTUS
  • Okay. What is your case LEGALLY that Trump be impeached when he takes office? Being a terrible person sadly is not a legal reason. Convince me, because I want there to be a reason...but I don't see one.
    Yes
    Sexual assault. This is where someone who understands the constitution better than me can chime in. In general, impeachment has been used for offenses comittted in office. However, I don't believe its limited to that
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    edited November 2016
    He's been accused of sexual assault, yes. That doesn't mean he's guilty of sexual assault. If that were the case, there'd be allegations thrown at every president in hope of getting them removed.
    Being convicted of a felony in the past is a disqualification for running for President, I believe.
    Post edited by ledvedderman on
  • And, to be clear, I'm defending the process of democracy and impeachment- not the indefensible Donald Trump.
  • ^^^
    Clear as mud.
    Thanks.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

^^^
    Clear as mud.
    Thanks.

Clear as water.
    Yes

He's been accused of sexual assault, yes. That doesn't mean he's guilty of sexual assault. If that were the case, there'd be allegations thrown at every president in hope of getting them removed.
    Being convicted of a felony in the past is a disqualification for running for President, I believe.

yes accessed which also means it's likely many of these allegations could still end up in the court system. Think Bill Cosby
  • ...which doesn't mean shit. If he's found guilty, then you're talking.
    Yes
    ^^^ you sound extremely pessimistic. you shouldn't be. this cancer can be cut out of its host. delaying surgery is not an option
  • No
    Process of Impeachment—7 Steps

I. Impeachment
    A. Being formally accused of unlawful activity, committing a crime
    B. Not necessarily being kicked out of office

II. Who can be Impeached? Article II, Section 4 of the Constitution
    A. “President, Vice-President, and all civil officers of the United States”
    B. Civil Officers include people appointed by the President (cabinet
    members and judges)
    C. Members of Congress are NOT civil officers

III. Process of Impeachment
    A. 7 Steps of Impeachment:
    1. Justice Department or an independent council investigates charges & presents them to the House Judiciary Committee

2. House Judiciary Committee (HJC) reviews evidence

3. HJC drafts Articles of Impeachment

4. HJC debates Articles of Impeachment (Nixon)

5. Entire House of Representatives debates Articles of Impeachment & votes on them (Simple Majority)
    a. If this happens, President is considered Impeached

6. Senate holds the Trial "Will the official be kicked out of office"
    a. House Judiciary Committee acts as the prosecution-- presents evidence against the accused
    b. Accused chooses own lawyers to present defense
    c. Chief Justice of Supreme Court acts as Judge and rules on admissibility of evidence
    d. Senate acts as the Jury

7. A 2/3 majority of the Senate must vote against accused to remove the person from office (Andrew Johnson, Clinton)
    http://cvhs-teacher.com/cassidy/govt15/Executive/ProcessofImpeachment.htm

There is no way this is happening before the swearing in.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
    edited November 2016
    Yes
    ^^^not expecting it to happen before swearing in. I do think it's possible to get the wheels in motion now so that the ESP can not ever get comfortable in the White House.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Impeachment isn't a do-over and shouldn't be used in that way. Almost 62 million Americans voted for this guy knowing he had been accused of sexual assault. They voted for him anyway. None of these accusations are grounds for impeachment. People knew what they were buying and still they chose to buy it.

If he is convicted then I would say yes, he should be impeached. The accusations alone though are not grounds for it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited November 2016
    Yes
    ^^^ i would say rape is grounds for impeachment. if that's not enough, we can start looking into the fraud cases. And if that's not enough, we can probably muster up some discrimination suits.
  • Also, let the record show that Republicans hold control of both houses. By quite a bit in the House, where there is ZERO chance of them impeaching their own for anything short of killing someone.
  • Come on, man. You're stretching. We lost. This man has been given plenty of metaphorical rope and, in time, he will hang himself by it. You say I'm negative about it, I'm not. I'm realistic. What you're saying is nonsense. Pure nonsense time and time again.
    Yes
    ^^^ i plan on writing all 535 of them. There is a common interest to remove ESP. you will see
    Yes

Come on, man. You're stretching. We lost. This man has been given plenty of metaphorical rope and, in time, he will hang himself by it. You say I'm negative about it, I'm not. I'm realistic. What you're saying is nonsense. Pure nonsense time and time again.

ESP got elected on pure nonsense and he's a fucking idiot. I am not. So, I would say I could get him unelected on pure nonsense as well.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

Come on, man. You're stretching. We lost. This man has been given plenty of metaphorical rope and, in time, he will hang himself by it. You say I'm negative about it, I'm not. I'm realistic. What you're saying is nonsense. Pure nonsense time and time again.

Trump will do himself in!
    Republicans said this during primary, Democrats said this during general.
  • He got elected by over 60 million votes and the Electoral College. Yes, he's a fucking idiot. No doubt about it. Your best bet is to get him defeated in four years. That's the realistic angle. Also, you're not exactly doing the country a favor by saying you'd impeach Trump knowing damn well that it brings Pence. Donald Trump probably doesn't have two miracle campaigns in him. Pence, if you get your way, could be president unelected until 2020, get elected to his first term and then possibly win a second term in 2024. Thanks?
    Yes
    ^^^look if you are just going to be part of the let's just sit back and give ESP a chance crew, cool. i will not. think about it. ESP is so easy to get to. in fact i bet if someone like Eddie were to come out against him, we'd start seeing some progress real quick.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Pence makes Trump impeachment proof, a good life insurance policy also.
  • vaggar99 said:

^^^look if you are just going to be part of the let's just sit back and give ESP a chance crew, cool. i will not. think about it. ESP is so easy to get to. in fact i bet if someone like Eddie were to come out against him, we'd start seeing some progress real quick.

A rock star whose band was at their cultural peak over 20 years ago will not have an impact on Trump. Zero. What honestly do you foresee happening?
    Yes
    ^^^its all up to EV. If the man has stil fire in his belly like he once and could single handedly take down this coward
  • Yes. Eddie Vedder is clearly the Woodward and Bernstein of 2016.

It's up to the American people at the voting booth and NEWSFLASH...the American people are morons. Swing the balance of power in 2018, then maybe...MAYBE, there can be talk of impeachment if grounds are found sufficient.
    Yes
    dont lose faith. join the resistance. we will extract the cancer.