2017 ISO Goose Island Beer!!!

tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
edited November 2017 in Lost Dogs
Hello all!

I am looking to trade/buy bottles of Proprietor, Stout Reserve or Coffee from Goose Island.

Thanks

Christopher
Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

Comments

• Did you ever crack open the Rare?

No. I'm waiting for 2 years before I do. I got to go to a GI tasting and they had aged beers there and the difference in taste was amazing.

There isn't any rare this year so I'm looking for Proprietor and coffee.

Let me know!!!
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

I'll take a look at a few of my local packies this afternoon - have these been hard to come by?
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Prop might be difficult as it's only offered in Illinois.

The beer should be released soon.
  • TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    I never have an issue finding their releases, my local shop even has them as singles. We can probably arrange something.

Shoot me a message
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited November 2016
    If anyone finds coffee let me know after u hook up tempo n groove!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

Prop might be difficult as it's only offered in Illinois.

Comes out on Friday. I'm not a stout guy, but think I'll be going to the liquor store with my brother on Friday to help him get a bunch of beers.
  • Prop might be difficult as it's only offered in Illinois.

Comes out on Friday. I'm not a stout guy, but think I'll be going to the liquor store with my brother on Friday to help him get a bunch of beers.
    If you can get me any Prop it would be very appreciated. I have yet to get one of these.
  • I have a list of people that I get these for. Proprietors is always the demand, that's why I had the Rare to send last year. However, if I get an extra I will send it your way.
  • I've always wanted to try Heady Topper. Can anyone get that?
    8/25/98 Pittsburgh
    9/5/00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh
    6/23/06 Pittsburgh
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh
    9/26/15 Global Citizen Festival - New York
    4/28/16 Philadelphia
    4/7/17 Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    9/2/18 Boston 1
    9/5/18 Boston 2
    9/6/22 Hamilton
    9/8/22 Toronto
    9/11/22 New York
    9/5/23 Chicago
    9/7/23 Chicago
    9/18/23 Austin
    9/19/23 Austin
  • I have a list of people that I get these for. Proprietors is always the demand, that's why I had the Rare to send last year. However, if I get an extra I will send it your way.

That would be great! I could send u a very rare Finback or a Brooklyn in return!

Forgot to tell you, I did a side by side with last years and this years Backwood Bastard by founders and last years aged VERY nicely. The difference in taste was noticeable and better.
  • GP179117GP179117 Posts: 361
    will trade goose Island beer fro stickers. pm me :)
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • ME68701ME68701 Hershey, PA Posts: 103
    If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to trade a bottle of 2015 Bourbon County Brand Stout for a bottle of this years Bourbon County Barleywine, Bourbon County Coffee Stout or Proprieters. I never have a problem getting the regular BCBS, its the other varieties that don't show up around these parts. I usually buy quite a bit of the BCBS each year and pop one open and let the rest sit for at least a year. The I just recently had a 2015 and after just 1 year its considerably better. I just popped open the last of my 2012 and wow was that worth the wait. Anyway, PM if you want a bottle thats already been aged an extra year.
  • ME68701 said:

If anyone is interested, I'd be willing to trade a bottle of 2015 Bourbon County Brand Stout for a bottle of this years Bourbon County Barleywine, Bourbon County Coffee Stout or Proprieters. I never have a problem getting the regular BCBS, its the other varieties that don't show up around these parts. I usually buy quite a bit of the BCBS each year and pop one open and let the rest sit for at least a year. The I just recently had a 2015 and after just 1 year its considerably better. I just popped open the last of my 2012 and wow was that worth the wait. Anyway, PM if you want a bottle thats already been aged an extra year.

It'll take multiple bottles to secure one of the variants.

ME68701 said:

Two?

ME68701 said:

Are they really that much more rare? I just figured they weren't around here because Goose Island hasn't really caught on like it has in other parts of the country.
  • They may be in your area today!!!
  • Also be on the look out for vintage bottles! Rumour has it that GI is stocking shops with aged bottles! I would love that too!
  • Also be on the look out for vintage bottles! Rumour has it that GI is stocking shops with aged bottles! I would love that too!

Yes, this is true. I have confirmed sightings. :wink:

Binny's Lincoln Park (in Chicago) will have a bunch of different years. And if you get there by 9 or 10 you should be able to get all of this years expressions.

Forgot to tell you, I did a side by side with last years and this years Backwood Bastard by founders and last years aged VERY nicely. The difference in taste was noticeable and better.
    I bet, love the aging of most of the wood aged beers. A year or more really mellows them out on the sweetness level to my taste.
    I have a couple accounts that squirrel away kegs of the various bourbon barrel beers and I make sure that I come in for the tappings.

Yes, this is true. I have confirmed sightings. :wink:

Binny's Lincoln Park (in Chicago) will have a bunch of different years. And if you get there by 9 or 10 you should be able to get all of this years expressions.
    I'm in NYC... Good luck out there in ChiTown!
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Got 4 bottles of regular. Gonna be a good weekend
  • Got 4 bottles of regular. Gonna be a good weekend

Sit on them for a year. You'll be happier!

Congrats on the pick up!

Any help for me?
  • TC282314TC282314 Posts: 378
    Coffee just showed up in my area!
  • Got 4 bottles of regular. Gonna be a good weekend

Sit on them for a year. You'll be happier!

Congrats on the pick up!

Any help for me?
    I got one bottle of the regular. Is this something you wanted?
    Got 5 bottles of regular. And funny enough, another local spot isn't putting theirs out until Tuesday, so I should be in for a few more.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Found this in a Denver beer article about local breweries releasing beers on black friday....

Once upon a time (a few years ago), craft beer lovers looked forward to Black Friday, not because of the sales and Christmas shopping, but because it was the day that Chicago's Goose Island Beer Company released its Bourbon County Brand Stout — one of the most delicious, most sought-after beers in America. Then, when the brewery began selling this rare beer in Denver for the first time, the frenzy at liquor stores began to equal that rush for TVs and toys at Walmart (well, not quite).

But times have changed. Although Goose Island was purchased by Anheuser Busch Inbev ( the makers of Bud Light Lime) back in 2011, some beer fans have now decided to eschew Bourbon County Stout because of AB InBev's buying spree (it now owns nine formerly craft breweries) and anti-craft beer practices. And although Goose Island still puts out Bourbon County Stout — and several variants — on Black Friday, many people no longer buy it because they don't like the association with AB InBev. In addition, some of the beers were infected last year, prompting a recall and refund from the brewery. Falling Rock Taphouse even plans to tap its last keg of BCBS from last year as a way to "say goodbye to the beer overlords," like AB InBev — and will donate the proceeds to the Colorado Brewers Guild.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Landed 17 bottles. And Pappy Van Winkle!
  • Found this in a Denver beer article about local breweries releasing beers on black friday....

Once upon a time (a few years ago), craft beer lovers looked forward to Black Friday, not because of the sales and Christmas shopping, but because it was the day that Chicago's Goose Island Beer Company released its Bourbon County Brand Stout — one of the most delicious, most sought-after beers in America. Then, when the brewery began selling this rare beer in Denver for the first time, the frenzy at liquor stores began to equal that rush for TVs and toys at Walmart (well, not quite).

But times have changed. Although Goose Island was purchased by Anheuser Busch Inbev ( the makers of Bud Light Lime) back in 2011, some beer fans have now decided to eschew Bourbon County Stout because of AB InBev's buying spree (it now owns nine formerly craft breweries) and anti-craft beer practices. And although Goose Island still puts out Bourbon County Stout — and several variants — on Black Friday, many people no longer buy it because they don't like the association with AB InBev. In addition, some of the beers were infected last year, prompting a recall and refund from the brewery. Falling Rock Taphouse even plans to tap its last keg of BCBS from last year as a way to "say goodbye to the beer overlords," like AB InBev — and will donate the proceeds to the Colorado Brewers Guild.

Times really haven't changed in terms of BCBS, still made here in Chicago with many of the same staff. Some of Goose Islands mainstream beers are now produced at satellite distilleries of InBev, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

The outsourcing of the more common beers allows for Goose Island Chicago to focus on more innovation and BCBS.

Futhermore, being acquired by InBev allowed GI beers access to InBev's distribution partners in other states. So in essence it is the buying out by InBev several years ago that made BCBS available out of the Chicago market.

The whole "big is bad" is the major downfall of the craft alcohol movement. When a little guy finally gets big enough to reach mass distribution they are now sell outs.

Sound familiar music fans?
This discussion has been closed.