Off He Goes and that Friend Who is Hard to Be Friends With

Always one of my all-time favorite PJ songs-Off He Goes has never had more meaning than recently. I met a good friend a while back and we really hit it off for about a year. But the last 4-5 months have been real tough as they just have made it really tough by not staying in touch as much and really not communicating well. I am left with the image of Ed's friend riding off just as things are good again and the friends have been hanging out. Not sure if this makes total sense but it where I am at right now. I hope my friend returns to my life someday.

Comments

• SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    I have been that friend, I'm sure...
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    I understand this for sure.

When I moved away from my hometown a few years ago, I had to leave my friends and only get to visit them so often. I'm that friend.
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Sarah said:

I have been that friend, I'm sure...

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454

Always one of my all-time favorite PJ songs-Off He Goes has never had more meaning than recently. I met a good friend a while back and we really hit it off for about a year. But the last 4-5 months have been real tough as they just have made it really tough by not staying in touch as much and really not communicating well. I am left with the image of Ed's friend riding off just as things are good again and the friends have been hanging out. Not sure if this makes total sense but it where I am at right now. I hope my friend returns to my life someday.

Isn't Ed the friend?
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    edited November 2016

Isn't Ed the friend?

Exactly. Eddie has repeatedly admitted that he used to be that kind of jackass friend.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • NanouNanou Posts: 191
    You can't ask your friends to give you more than they can give. But you can have different kinds of friends. That friend of yours may be the butterfly type and he'll be back someday.